Metal ring for PA5000?

For the gearheads in the audience
Dukestoy

Metal ring for PA5000?

Post by Dukestoy »

Hello all. I'm a newbie here, so apologies if this question has been covered before.
My Domme keeps me in a PA5000, which I find pretty comfortable. However, in common with a few commenters I've encountered online, I find that the plastic hook can cause a bit of friction and soreness. Does anyone know of anywhere that makes metal versions of the hook? I've found a couple of "make your own" blogs, but nothing else.
Thanks in advance,
0 x
sub slut to Lady Duke
Tallestrina

Re: Metal ring for PA5000?

Post by Tallestrina »

Hi,
Yes, I used PA5k for a while. I agree a metal (pref. titanium) hook would be better. I had lots of problems with splitting. Also, all the keys are the same! This means that security is not very serious. When will someone make a metal equivalent?
0 x
Dukestoy

Post by Dukestoy »

From the comments I've read on various forums and reviews, splitting seems to be a bit of a design fault with this device. We're on our second one, as the first split after 6 months: fortunately, we bought it from Uberkinky (UK site) and they replaced it quickly and without question, but it was less than ideal to be unlocked while waiting for the replacement. Hopefully we'll move onto a metal device before too long ;-)
0 x
sub slut to Lady Duke
mcn

Post by mcn »

I've been making and selling a stainless steel device since 2010 that is similar to the PA5000. It's called the MouseTrap. If you do a search here on this forum you'll find several threads mentioning and reviewing the device. Pictures of a MouseTrap being worn may be seen on the profile of sarajason at fetlife.com.

http://malechastitynow.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=60
0 x
Ihgas

Post by Ihgas »

If you have a dremel type rotary tool and a semi-steady hand you can make your own metal ring fairly easily. Buy the correct size circular barbell and put a small amount of epoxy on the threads of one of the ends. After you screw on the ball, make sure to wipe extra epoxy off and let it cure. Then with the dremel (or I guess you could use hand files) whittle away at the epoxied on ball until you have the shape of the pa5000 ring's end. As long as the shape is close and the slot is in the right spot it should work. You can put the ball on the other end or just leave it off.

Spending effort to make sure your orgasms are more efficiently denied is an interesting feeling.
0 x
Dukestoy

Post by Dukestoy »

I'm so cack-handed, I wouldn't even attempt that sort of DIY! a few overtime shifts should pay for something a little more appropriate for long-term wear...
0 x
sub slut to Lady Duke