HT2 Questions

For the gearheads in the audience
locked4now

Re: HT2 Questions

Post by locked4now »

I think you will find shorter is better. I am wishing my current cage was about 1/2" shorter and am considering something temporary to wear while I ship my Looker 2 back to Germany for shortening. I think you are right in that if a person works with the various less expensive devices he will get a real good idea about what size he needs when/if he ever decides to go custom.

I don't regret one thing about going custom though, but like your self can't seem to leave what I have alone, always looking for something that would make it even better....

Is you wire rope cage one that has wire rope connecting the rings instead of bars? I have always been afraid of them because I have been around to many cables that one strand has broken and the ends poke my fingers and hurt. Likely irrational because those cables all carried hundred and thousands of pounds of stress for a long time before one wire ever broken and I don't think anyone's erection is that powerful :lol: How would you propose modifying it?
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

Is you wire rope cage one that has wire rope connecting the rings instead of bars?
It is. I was a bit concerned too, but I haven't had any problems with the wire rope. Its surprisingly smooth, with nothing sticking out to catch my skin.

I haven't decided what I want to do yet. I'm not sure how the wire is fastened into the ring, whether it is a press fit or if they used epoxy down inside. I think I know how to cut the wire, keeping it together and without any stray strands. I just want to be sure before I start. I bought a second one so that if I screw one up, I still have one to wear.
0 x
locked4now

Post by locked4now »

fineline Let us know as you make the modification, what you do and how you do it. I am very interested in how guys modify and why.... Always looking for a better "mousetrap"
0 x