Disappointed with Steelworxx

For the gearheads in the audience
ptharv

Disappointed with Steelworxx

Post by ptharv »

I have ordered 4 chastity devices from Steelworxx, so I feel that would qualify me as one of his better customers. His workmanship is absolutely the best, but the locking system has been a problem for me. I have always ordered my devices with the integrated locks. I have found out that after long continuous wearing, they can be very difficult to remove, or not removable. About a year ago, I was allowed to remove my Looker 3. It proved to be difficult. It has two locks. After about an hour of trying, I was forced to break the exposed tab on the one lock. The other lock was extremely difficult to unlock because I couldn't get the key inserted. Luckily I still had not sold my last device and had extra locks.

For my next device order, I also ordered extra lock as a replacement. The new device arrived middle of September and was locked on until this past week. So about 6 months. Because of past lock failure, I asked Steelworxx to completely enclose the lock. I thought it would prevent water from getting to the lock. Enclosing the lock didn't work, and enclosing it meant no access to the locking tab that I had to break previously. After about an hour, I managed to get the key into the cage lock and turn. The hasp lock was not enclosed and I ended up breaking the tab on that to get it off.

I can laugh about it now, but I honestly don't know how I would have removed the cage without some sort of power tool.

Contacted Steelworxx last night, and told him about the repeated lock failures. I wanted to buy 4 locks, so that they could be swapped out monthly for a cleaning and drying. He wants 25 euros for each lock. Plus, I assume shipping too. So probably about $130 for four locks. Similar locks online, from Europe only, sell for about $7.30 each in US dollars. I am so disappointed with his blackmail like customer service that I feel like putting the money toward a device from another company. I feel he should at least offer a substantial discount since it is his design that is failing.
Am I expecting too much?
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
Jedi

Re: Disappointed with Steelworxx

Post by Jedi »

I have had a Steelworks Steelheart for three years now and have never experienced any problems with the lock. When you experienced the problem, did you try something like WD-40 to release any materials that might have gotten lodged in the lock? Also, for the long periods, was it 100% locked for that period or was it periodically opened? Perhaps exercising the lock periodically would prevent this in the future. Most mechanical items will bind up over time, so they need to be exercised periodically, the locks are no exception.

As to Dietmer using "blackmail" tactics, I don't see it. He is running a business and can choose to charge what ever he wants. Personally, I have always found him to be friendly and fair in all of my dealings with him.
0 x
locked4now

Post by locked4now »

I would expect nothing less of a lock that is exposed to water on a fairly frequent basis and is not opened and closed... Really has nothing to do with Steelworks and more to do with the application... Going to have to have someone insert the key and use the lock every once in a while to keep this operational.
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

Guess I was expecting too much from the locks. So what is your suggestion for best preventing this from happening again?: removing, cleaning & drying or just inserting the key and turning it back and forth a few times about every month. Would that be often enough?
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
Subinmemphis

Post by Subinmemphis »

A drop of 3 in 1 oil every other month or a shot of wd40 once a month.
0 x
Katwalk is my key holder
locked4now

Post by locked4now »

A drop of 3 in 1 oil every other month or a shot of WD40 once a month would work, but I would suggest removing the lock to do that. I would suggest that you try just inserting the key and cycling a few times every month. If you feel it getting sticky or harder to turn, then you will want to remove it and apply some oil or WD40...
0 x
Michele

Post by Michele »

I agree that twisting the lock every so often (no need to remove the cage) will keep it functional. I, too, don't think it's Steelworxx issues. I think it's seizing up due to no use.

As for getting more of the locks, just order some on eBay our something, they are much cheaper that way and way better for shipping.

Good luck!
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
kept4her

Post by kept4her »

I have the Looker 03 and find that with longer term "lock downs" (60days plus) the lock would have some stiffness. I started using a few drops of Hoppe's Bench Rest 9 Lubricating Oil with Weatherguard. I use the oil now, once a week. The locks have never had any sticking issues and now my wife doesn't have to worry about them sticking, she can have less stress on the matter.

Brass doesn't do well, so any lube would work. WD40 tends to leave a waxy film and could work just as good.
0 x
I have finally found the device I needed to begin my journey in chastity. I have never been happier in my marriage to my wife, lover, soul mate and now Keyholder.
lockedboy82

Post by lockedboy82 »

Lady M wrote:I agree that twisting the lock every so often (no need to remove the cage) will keep it functional. I, too, don't think it's Steelworxx issues. I think it's seizing up due to no use.

As for getting more of the locks, just order some on eBay our something, they are much cheaper that way and way better for shipping.

Good luck!
I'm running into the same problem with mine; I've had some luck soaking the lock periodically to get it loosened up, but I've been using the same lock for 2+ years and need to replace it. How did you manage to find them on eBay? I'm not sure what it is exactly I'm looking for.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

It just occurred to me that I use a waxy lube on my bike drivetrain. It holds up better against rain, and isn't as prone to picking up dirt and particles. I wonder if that might help.

Also, hunt around for cylinder locks. He's not making them; he buys them someplace.
0 x