Lock Post Position on the Contender and MM Jailbird

For the gearheads in the audience
nebman

Lock Post Position on the Contender and MM Jailbird

Post by nebman »

The standard locking post position on these devices is mounted as a protrusion from the base ring. The cheap Chinese devices typically mount the post at the top of the ring. This has to create some different dynamics. Since I'm using my cheap device as a learning experience and a template for a custom, I'm a bit worried about that difference.

It has been recommended by some here that with a custom I should order the post top mounted like the cheap devices.

What are the thoughts of the distinguished membership here?
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17
Re: Lock Post Position on the Contender and MM Jailbird

Post by peter_rabbit »

I think it depends on the individual for comfort.
Based on how I bunched up behind the cage ring, I got advice from MaleChastityNow and ordered a top-mount base ring. He shows the front mount option on his website, but you should ask for top mount if you prefer it.

I like the top mount better, for me. The inside of first cage ring is lined up with the base ring now. So now it doesn't push me down immediately.

What it also does is increase the amount of vertical space in the gap between the bottom of the cage ring and the base ring. I have one Wiley left nut that likes to go hide. So I adjusted the fit on my Contender, with MCN's advice, to account for the extra space.

You don't need to worry about the difference in locking post style. Determine your desired fit with the cheap device and if you want a top-mount base ring instead of a front mount, you can request it.

My advice for buying a custom device is to contact the human on the other end who is making it, if you have concerns, or you want something that the web form doesn't explicitly list.

I can testify that MCN has been very helpful and thoughtful in correspondence. He comes across as genuinely wanting to make a device that works for you. I have read good things about MM too.
0 x
Tame Lion

Re: Lock Post Position on the Contender and MM Jailbird

Post by Tame Lion »

Mature Metal will be happy to suggest where to put it. My Jail Bird came with the post on top and it works perfectly. Trust the manufacturer. Custom cage makers do a lot of adjustments for their customers. Virtually all custom cages get some adjustments as the wearer spends time in the device. Mine has been back 3 times, once to shorten the cage, and twice for small adjustments to the base ring size. That's the big advantage of dealing with a good custom maker. You can evolve the fit as needed.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.