Solid, hinged or other open ring?

For the gearheads in the audience
Len51

Solid, hinged or other open ring?

Post by Len51 »

I always thought that a sold ring would be very difficult to put on. That was the reason that I got a CB6000s for my first chastity device. Then came a few hinged ring devices and even with rubber tubing over the hinge, it rubbed me raw, but in two places now, not just one. I wear 24/7 and my CB was not up to the task. First the ring split and then my ring broke off where the right pin goes through it. I also kept getting hair caught while putting on the ring, even if my hair was short. Shaving it bald on ended up with irritation and not being able to wear anything for a few days.

I wanted the Jailbird but did not want to spend the bucks if I could not use or like a solid ring. I bought the Holy Trainer ver. 2 with a solid ring. The first few times were awkward because I was afraid to push my balls through a tight space. Then I remembered that I have slipped out of my CB and other devices a few times and that meant my balls went through a 1 3/8 space, the way I configured it. I then got brave and just pushed that second ball in and no problem. Now I can put it on in a few seconds, much quicker than wrestling with the many parts of the CB and avoiding pinching my skin or catching hairs in it. On and off real fast now and not only do I like the ease but also find it much more comfortable.

Which type of ring do you prefer and why?
0 x
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17
Re: Solid, hinged or other open ring?

Post by peter_rabbit »

Solid ring, without reservation. I see no reason for hinged rings at all.
I abhor them. Pinchy monsters. I've squeezed myself through a 1.5" solid base ring, though it takes lube and lots of calm patience and mind control not to get the tiniest bit hard. If you can get in, you can get out. If you can't get in that diameter as a solid base ring, then it's probably dangerous to wear.
And after you install a hinged ring, if there's any play in the device then it causes issues.

Think calm flaccid thoughts. Pull your balls through first. If you get excited, wait. I sometimes pull the tough skin on my shaft over my glans and tug through. The penis can take more squishing and such than your testicles, obviously. So let them go first.

For price, you can't beat a cock ring to test your own fit. Male-essentials sells individual ones for cheap and also sets. I have a brass set I like for the weight, but they do tarnish (cosmetic issue). Play with that before you jump into a custom steel. I liked his steel and brass rings more than plastic. It's a different feel due to friction changes.

I love my own custom steel. It makes me drip just wearing it. ;)
Last edited by peter_rabbit on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Agree with Peter. Hinged or open rings are easier to put on, but not necessarily better for wearing. I bought the old style CB2000 solid rings and converted my 3000 and 6000 to wear with them.

Bonus: Mrs Edge just removes the cage, uses me (with the solid ring becoming a cock ring) and replaces the cage.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Couldn't wear my CB3000 hinged ring for anymore than two days straight before problems occurred around the joint area. Tried tubing and lots of lube but it ended up coming off. The CB6000s was much better with no hinge. Once you have mastered getting into a solid ring it truly is more comfortable for the long haul. My only issue with the solid ring is that my wife will remove it but no way will she ever put me in.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273