Contender vs. MM Jailbird

For the gearheads in the audience
nebman

Contender vs. MM Jailbird

Post by nebman »

I don't think the finish is going to last long on my $25.00 Chinese Jailbird. But, since I've found my ring size, I can order another with one ring from Amazon for $16.00, shipping included. That makes the price of custom really tough to take.

Regardless, I'm considering custom. The Contender looks like a great piece, and is $70.00 less than the MM Jailbird. But, I was sort of turned off (the purchase idea, not the Contender) when I realized that I could easily transfer the dimensions of my cheap cage to the custom. Ring size options are limited to the same three that came with my cheap cage. I do like that the Contender has a PA lock available if I go down that route in the future.

While my current device stays on without balls slipping through, and has been modified short enough to wear pretty well under clothes, I'd hate to just duplicate it and end up with comfort that is not really any better.

But, realizing that as little as an eighth of an inch can mean the cage won't work, or can be much less comfortable, I'm hesitant to spend more on the MM Jailbird just to start messing with the numbers a little bit.

Thoughts from anybody on the Contender vs. the MM Jailbird?
0 x
slave d

Re: Contender vs. MM Jailbird

Post by slave d »

i can only say W/we're thrilled with the Contender having had a quite reasonable s/s Chinese job. The advantages to U/us were cost and delivery time.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I don't have any experience with the Male Chastity Now products but I will say that they look good. Considering price point and turn-a-round time it does make them an attractive alternate to MM.

One plus for MM IMO is something I had done with my base ring. I was really having sizing issues between my 1 7/8" (47.5mm), too big and my 1 3/4" (44.5mm) which killed after about a week. I spoke with MM and they up sized my 1 3/4" (44.5mm) to 46mm. I know 1.5mm doesn't seem like a big difference but it was.

You might not need the same fine adjustments but I did. Maybe MCN can do the same thing if needed.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

nebman, what specifically are you looking for? A 1-7/8" ring?
I know MCN can and does make his own base rings. Just contact him and ask.

Also, consider getting a top mount base ring. MCN mentioned it in correspondence and I went for it in my new Contender. I really like it for comfort. It changed the ball gap a bit, so we worked out the equivalent sizes.

It sounds like you've worked out what fits, and what subtle changes you'd want. So just specify what you're looking for and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the result.
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

locked4her55 wrote: I spoke with MM and they up sized my 1 3/4" (44.5mm) to 46mm. I know 1.5mm doesn't seem like a big difference but it was.
Having worked on my own device to get it to work, I'm well aware of the big difference small adjustments can make. If I had to throw away a Contender, the MM would seem like a bargain.
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

peter_rabbit wrote:nebman, what specifically are you looking for? A 1-7/8" ring?
I know MCN can and does make his own base rings. Just contact him and ask.

Also, consider getting a top mount base ring. MCN mentioned it in correspondence and I went for it in my new Contender. I really like it for comfort. It changed the ball gap a bit, so we worked out the equivalent sizes.

It sounds like you've worked out what fits, and what subtle changes you'd want. So just specify what you're looking for and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the result.
That is awesome to know that they can work with you. I really like their top security system now that I understand it a bit better. Thanks so much for the comment!
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

The challenge I'm having after more measurements and study is that it appears I should bring my cage size down in diameter. This will open up the difference between the cage base ring and the main ring, which seems to imply I'd need to bring down the ring size.

The 1.75" main ring is already a killer during night erections. I've tried, and my right nut is simply too big to get through the 1.5". My two concerns about bringing the main ring down a notch are both not being able to get in, and increased night pain.

What are your guys' thoughts on a smaller and better sized cage helping with night pain, compensating for the tight / tighter main rings?
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

1-5/8" might work. I bought a bunch of cock rings from male-essentials of various sizes. He's really cheap and fast. I like the brass ones for their heft but they do tarnish.

Personally, while I've squeezed myself into a punishing 1.5" ring... My right nut also being a challenge!... I went to a 2" oval ring with a small gap. I am not constricted, so I don't trap blood, and my testicles are still trapped. I use a 1/4" gap. The base ring doesn't slip, as the contender seems lot lighter than most Chinese devices that drag down.

I worked out the sizing in my CB6ks. Big ring, small gap works for me.
Pull out is prevented by my PA. But without it it doesn't "fall off" nor does my wily left nut wriggle out. The holy trainer kept allowing that, unfortunately.
0 x
nebman

Post by nebman »

peter_rabbit wrote:1-5/8" might work. I bought a bunch of cock rings from male-essentials of various sizes. He's really cheap and fast. I like the brass ones for their heft but they do tarnish.

Personally, while I've squeezed myself into a punishing 1.5" ring... My right nut also being a challenge!... I went to a 2" oval ring with a small gap. I am not constricted, so I don't trap blood, and my testicles are still trapped. I use a 1/4" gap. The base ring doesn't slip, as the contender seems lot lighter than most Chinese devices that drag down.

I worked out the sizing in my CB6ks. Big ring, small gap works for me.
Pull out is prevented by my PA. But without it it doesn't "fall off" nor does my wily left nut wriggle out. The holy trainer kept allowing that, unfortunately.

I also know the wily left nut issue.

Your approach is interesting, I've thought about the big ring, small gap / going oval as well. The main hurdle I'm trying to get past is painful night erections. the 2" wasn't nearly as tough as the 1 3/4"

I've been in the device most of the past two weeks, I'm locked now, and my wife took the key to work. The fact that my $25.00 device is more or less working means that I really want to make sure spending $250.00 to $400.00 on a custom provides some added benefits.

Using MM's approach to measuring, I've come up with the following numbers for what a custom might look like:

Current .................Custom

Ring: Round 1 3/4............. Round 1 5/8 or 1 1/2 Or Oval 1 5/8

Length: 2 1/2................ 2 1/4 or 2

Diameter: 1 3/8................ 1 3/8 or 1 1/4

Gap: 1/4 ................. 1/4

Cage Shape: Straight............Curved Downward

The last statistic is mine. Compressing the gaps out of my cage left it straight, and shortened to its current length. The MM with its curve will be a bit different.

The ring is the hardest to figure, but perhaps the easiest to adjust later. Using the finger test that MM recommends, I can get two fingers in to the knuckle, which says the ring is too big, but I know my right nut won't go through a 1 1/2, and even the 1 5/8 sounds tight. I'm a bigger person at 6'1", 195, but have a slight build, and my fingers seems to be skinner than most men's.

My understanding is that the oval will be about an 8th wider, and and 8th shorter than a round. Since my balls are kind of oval, that might make getting in a smaller ring a bit easier.

MM's measuring indicates everything needs to be downsized a bit for me. I've heard the theory that with the device as small as possible, that night erections may not be as bad. But, it sure seems like even now my erections are just backing up into my body, and I'm not getting super hard within the cage, so the idea of a larger ring and working with the gap and going oval also seems like possibility. Your oval ring probably wears like a 1 7/8 round at the 6 o'clock position on the rings.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

I think that the key here is to find a comfortable fit. Night erection attempts shouldn't hurt. Mine don't. There is erectile tissue that is normally not visible. That's what makes it feel like the base ring is sliding when you attempt an erection. I found that it isn't. I took pictures when soft and when trying to get hard and it proved that point.

Your base ring should be large enough so that when on, you can get the tip of your pinky between the ring and your body. That seems to work for most. Cage diameter should be set so that the sides of your flaccid penis always touch the cage, but not squeeze the penis. The length should be set so that at the softest, your head still contacts the end. Generally, for the Jail Bird, if you measure your shortest flaccid length and subtract 1/2", it seems to work well. Shorter is better than longer.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.