Long-term hygiene?

For the gearheads in the audience
Happily caged

Long-term hygiene?

Post by Happily caged »

My short experience in the CB6000 so far has shown me that it is possible to thoroughly clean the tube while wearing it.
I still see some problems though. First off, I have to clean it in the shower after each urination. This means that if I have to use a public washroom, I have to wear a dirty tube until I get home.
Secondly, even when I can shower, it is more time consuming in that I have to put some shampoo in the tube from the outside tip, block the other holes with the skin of my hands and pelvis, fill it with shower water, shake it like a dirty dish, dump the water out, and repeat the process until there is no shampoo left in the tube.

From the pictures and comments in the forums, it seems the Jail Bird will be much easier to clean. Can't wait.

What have been your experience with long-term hygiene?
0 x
Linus

Re: Long-term hygiene?

Post by Linus »

My cage (my avatar) or similar ones are the best cages for long term wear
I don't have to remove it for cleaning
No stinking, no splitting, excellent ventilation
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

Thanks Linus. Yours looks similar to the Jail Bird I will be getting. What is the higiene like after urination when you do not have immediate access to shower facilities (public washroom for example)?
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Seriously ?? you're suggesting everybody in a chastity device should shower immediately after urinating ?? Do you have to wash your underwear every time as well in case a drip has soiled them ??

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

slave d wrote:Seriously ?? you're suggesting everybody in a chastity device should shower immediately after urinating ?? Do you have to wash your underwear every time as well in case a drip has soiled them ??

d
I find there is a difference with the CB6000. Normally I would just stick the penis out of the underwear allowing for a clear clean aim.With the CB6000 there is some splash inside the tube itself. This probably would not apply to the Jail Bird I should be receiving shortly but it is a problem with the CB6000.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Ahuh, W/we've had a CB6000s, an HT2, and two different Chinese s/s ones and strangly enough i have never once leapt into the shower after having a pee ..... and with the new device on order i have no intension of starting !! However, everybody to their own thoughts.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Linus

Post by Linus »

Happily caged wrote:Thanks Linus. Yours looks similar to the Jail Bird I will be getting. What is the higiene like after urination when you do not have immediate access to shower facilities (public washroom for example)?
I pull out a little bit of my foreskin from the front opening of the cage while peeing
So I can pee out till the last drop
After peeing I push back the foreskin
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
grubber

Post by grubber »

First, I will state up front that I am not any kind or genius or guru at anything including chastity devices so take this with a grain of salt.

I will however say that I am a tinkerer and am constantly trying to figure out the reasons and whys and how to remedy or make things better. I drive my wife crazy. I am always changing or modifying things around the house to make them better, more efficient.

I have been tinkering/ modifying chastity devices ever since I learned about them. Even made some of my own. They weren't pretty but they worked to a point.

There are 2 solutions to the problem you and others are experiencing with off the shelf devices.

1) The size of the off the shelf devices will not fit all users correctly. You might get the base ring size correct and may not get the spacing right or the cage is too long or too small etc. Most people do not have the tools or ability to modify their devices so the best solution for them is to buy a custom made device for proper fit. The CBxxx series is the best device to use in the beginning to get the sizing as correct as possible before purchasing a custom device. Not everybody can or wants to spend the $ for a custom device so they need other solutions.

In your case and most with any of the "off the shelf" devices is the actual cage size is not correct for you, thereby the tip of your penis isn't always at the tip of your cage. This causes you to have to sit down to pee because the urine will splash off the insides of the cage and who knows which direction it will go and the urine drops stay in the cage causing odors.

If you have the ability to make mods to your cage, you can modify some of the Chinese steel cages to correct this problem. There really aren't any mods you can make to the plastic and silicone cages. You could however make some kind of insert for any cage that will hold the tip of your penis to the tip of the cage. I have a post on here somewhere showing one of my early prototypes that works quite well. Not pretty, but it holds the tip of your penis in place. I can pee anywhere normally as if I am not wearing a device.

2) This second solution deals with hygiene. I read your description of how you are trying to clean your device while you are in the shower and will tell you that there is a much easier solution and faster. You could also use the solution when you are in a restroom if you want. I use a product called Swab-Its. They are like an industrial Q-Tip on steroids. I had been using them in my shop for years before I started chastity and I swear by them. They have a long plastic stem and a foam tip. You can use them over and over and they last a long time. I get mine off ebay cheap. In the shower, I load it up with soap and slosh it around in the cage then rinse the tip and slosh out the soap residue. Once out the shower, I take a dry one to dry the inside a little. This only takes minutes. In a rest room, you could carry a couple in a plastic bag. Lather one up and just soak the other one before you go into a stall. Pee, wipe out the tip with the soapy one then rinse with the wet one. It would only take seconds. No more odors.
0 x
Happily caged

Post by Happily caged »

Thanks for everyone's ideas. I will definitely look into the Swab-its. Being relatively new to this and wearing an off-the-shelf, I am just used to pre-chastity hygiene.
I hope my Jail Bird will put an end to that once I receive it.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

The CB 6000 hygiene can be somewhat problematic. In our early going, my spouse decided to remove my CB 6000 for some fun on the spur of the moment and the smell really turned her off and almost derailed our journey into the MC. She stated then that we won't be using this device again. Again, it was in the early going and I had showered earlier that day but an enclosed device like that can get nasty in the warmer months and especially after a few restroom visits. We put things on hold until I was able talk her into a MM device. IMHO, the Jailbird is the "best of the best" in terms of cleaning ease. Even with the Queen's Keep, I still had to use the Swab-Its to clean under the flatbar at the beginning of the cage and, sometimes, even with that, I didn't get it clean enough. My experience so far with the JB is that it is just "wash and go" with soap and a washcloth. I have yet to detect any odors upon removal and I have been removing it once a day. I have the keys to mine presently, and am "wearing in" to it and expect to give them to my spouse within a day or two. Even now, I feel sure that hygiene will not be an issue at all in this device.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271