New Here.. KH wants new, qs about Steelworx and general

For the gearheads in the audience
rubbergimp247

New Here.. KH wants new, qs about Steelworx and general

Post by rubbergimp247 »

Hi, first time posting but have researched many devices over the past 3 years extensively.

My current and only device is a Bon4 (plus), with the smaller tube and the smallest ring, though will be going back to the next ring which of worn and it's nearly identical in size, because the current one tore. That is what has lead to KH and i seeking a quality, steel device. I have only worn the bon4, basically on and off 24/7 with month-to-2-month stretches, and a couple stretches when I wasn't involved with a KH, over the last 3.5 years.

Needs:

Steel. No more plastic, no chinese rip-offs, no silicone, etc.

Custom, made to measure.

Secure as possible, without PA, and not a belt - just cage. We realize 100% secure isn't really possible with the two needs given, so keywords = as secure *as possible*

Variables:

We are leaning towards going with SteelWorxx.de for a manufacturer. Have heard only great things overall, and the prices are reasonable compared to competition.

We'd like this to be as enclosed as possible, for multiple reasons, but we would understand for long-term wear that we'd likely need to either balance enclosure with open-designs in order to maintain hygiene, or, the cage would need to be removed/cleaned on some sort of regular basis.

Questions

In my own research so far, I am liking most the "Steelheart" line (1&2) and the classic "Crossfire." The Revenge looks closest to the "balance" with enclosure/hygiene needs mentioned above. That's in order, basically: (1) SteelHeart 1 // (2) SteelHeart 2 // (3) CrossFire // (4) Revenge // (5) ?

1. For those of you who've purchased, is (not going to try to spell name lol) D able to do a lot of customizing? Has anyone had or known anyone who's had a totally customized device made from scratch?

2. Powder-finish... so I know this is for people with allergies but I'm wondering if it improves things as far as texture/feel in regards to any friction or just comfort in general, hot cold etc. Also, imo a nice black finish would look great but the cost may not justify it based soley on cosmetics.

3. I've read multiple reviews with multiple configurations of different devices and one I read a long time ago, I haven't been able to relocate, but I believe he strongly vouched for getting a few of the extras, calling them "necessities" regarding long term wear. It's a bit overwhelming having no experience with the SteelWorxx line, and the descriptions of some of the add-ons still leave me a bit fuzzy and unsure. Any opinions based on your own experience would really help.

4. Between this forum and another, there's a lot of devices out there good bad and mediocre, and many reviews to weed thru. The one thing I've been a bit wary of is the lack of reviews for the site: SteelWerksExtreme.com ... it's a beautifully designed site (professional looking, not the easiest in terms of navigating) and the devices are works of art. It's hard to imagine they aren't good, and the prices reflect that, putting them up on the "top shelf" - actually some are more costly then the best belts I've looked at. I guess maybe this answers my question lol, but;
--->what is the reason for the seemingly non-existence of reviews for this manufacturers pieces? Or, could someone direct me to a link or a few of reviews because I'm fascinated.. and maybe there are a couple in our price range.

5. Actually a statement :) any additional advice or comments always appreciated.
0 x
suziduzi

Re: New Here.. KH wants new, qs about Steelworx and general

Post by suziduzi »

My big mistake was to go for a closed (steelheart) design, rather than an open one e.g. jailbird. It became a cleanliness issue for my wife, despite Thumper's excellent video on cleaning his steelheart.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

rubbergimp247 wrote: 5. Actually a statement :) any additional advice or comments always appreciated.
The decision between open and closed it tough. I would go either very closed (Steelheart) or very open (Jailbird or Queens Keep). The designs that are in between tend to take on (in my experience) primarily the negative characteristics of each rather than the positive.

If you go for the Steelheart I would recommend
Integrated lock - It is very streamlined compared to a padlock. Also looks cool :)
Comfort ring - this is a ring around the opening of the penis tube. I have had both and really like it. It is also one of the least expensive options.
Anatomical ring - I have had both and didn't care for the anatomical ring. Might consider it again though now that I wear a smaller ring. Others really like it and think it's the best thing out there.
Extra ring - I always recommend two rings. I would get the one that I think I need and another 2mm smaller. It doesn't cost that much more at the time of original purchase. To do it later involves extra shipping in both directions and a lot of extra time without the device (you have to send the tube back for it to be fitted). There is also the risk of it being lost in the mail (just ask Lady M).
Extra lock cylinder - Mine hasn't failed yet and I have been using it for years. I did have it bind up a little one time recently but a little light oil seems to have cleared it up. I will probably change it out sometime but don't feel like hassling with changing out the emergency key.

I cannot think of any other options at the moment but feel free to ask any questions.
0 x
rubbergimp247

Post by rubbergimp247 »

Thanks! Great advice/info. I am speaking with Her now and we both are leaning towards SH1, and i'd read a Thumper post saying what you echo here that if it's hard to clean, it's hard, a couple slots doesn't really help much. Makes perfect sense.

Lingering Q's still: (1) I don't have a PA. I may get one eventually but that is not at all planned just an idea discussed as "likely/probable" in the somewhat distant-future.

That being said, should we just focus on making a good fitting cage, without worrying about future proofing for a PA?

Would there be drawbacks to having a pre-made slot for a PA, while not wearing one?

I'm guessing it isn't effective and sort of a waste of money to go for the rubber noose option?

Still very unsure about powder coating........ has anyone had this, and experienced it with/without? I am 99% sure i dont have an allergy to steel, but I think black would look cool... and I wonder if the coating will have a positive/neutral/negative impact on the feel/texture. The only info I've been able to find is a website for pole dancers (lol) claiming that it has a "grippier" feel. This in my experience is a drawback for chastity, I'm a grower, and thats when I tend to swell the worst is when I shrink back and the buttom doesn't feel like coming with :P
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

rubbergimp247, having had numerous classic car parts powder coated I would not pay money to coat highly polished Stainless Steel, let alone put the pin through my carefully and at times painfully stretched fully healed 8mm (0 gauge) PA piecing, I might add the best thing I ever had done !!! I have a Steelworxx Tube Jacket on order and if im happy I/we will be ordering the Looker 03 but with the Tube Jacket PA type lock:-)
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

rubbergimp247 wrote:Thanks! Great advice/info. I am speaking with Her now and we both are leaning towards SH1, and i'd read a Thumper post saying what you echo here that if it's hard to clean, it's hard, a couple slots doesn't really help much. Makes perfect sense.
Actually, the extra slots make it *harder* to clean. With just one hole you can force (soapy)water through it, with multiple it will come out the other holes.
rubbergimp247 wrote: Lingering Q's still: (1) I don't have a PA. I may get one eventually but that is not at all planned just an idea discussed as "likely/probable" in the somewhat distant-future.
rubbergimp247 wrote:That being said, should we just focus on making a good fitting cage, without worrying about future proofing for a PA?
I would. Get it right for the situation you are in now not some possible unknown situation in the future.
rubbergimp247 wrote:Would there be drawbacks to having a pre-made slot for a PA, while not wearing one?
I wouldn't get a slot even if I had a PA.
rubbergimp247 wrote:I'm guessing it isn't effective and sort of a waste of money to go for the rubber noose option?
It would be great for those of us that wonder if it works or not :) If you get it make sure to give us a review.
rubbergimp247 wrote:Still very unsure about powder coating........ has anyone had this, and experienced it with/without? I am 99% sure i dont have an allergy to steel, but I think black would look cool... and I wonder if the coating will have a positive/neutral/negative impact on the feel/texture. The only info I've been able to find is a website for pole dancers (lol) claiming that it has a "grippier" feel. This in my experience is a drawback for chastity, I'm a grower, and thats when I tend to swell the worst is when I shrink back and the buttom doesn't feel like coming with :P
I wouldn't do it but know of at least one person that did due to a metal allergy. That is the only reason I would consider it.
0 x
mcn

Post by mcn »

1. Dietmar was so busy this summer that he stopped taking orders for a while, so he may or may not be able to customize for you depending on how much work he currently has ahead of him.

2. As lookingup mentioned, powder finish is an expensive opton, and isn't necessary on a stainless steel device. In my opinion you're better off spending that money on a different option.

3. Options are always nice to have. I try to build all my devices so they're modular, meaning you can add options to them at a later time, or when your budget allows.

4. Very good question about Steelworxx's lack of reviews. As a small manufacturer myself, I know their value. Steelworxx has plenty of name recognition on this site and other chastity forums, which is something I'm personally still trying to gain. I just released a new device only last week, which I custom make to fit each individual, and I feel its price is very competitive with Steelworxx's or Mature Metals devices. There are no reviews yet since the device is so new.
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

I do own a Steelworxx Looker 02 as my primary device. Craftsmanship is very good.
The plug is very good in enhancing security.
Make sure before you buy a "plugged" device that you can take a plug up your urethra.
And don't be afraid to order the plug with about an inch length past the base ring. With the ball at the end, it is quite comfortable and makes escape near impossible.
The 02 is better than the 01 if you tend to have your foreskin snagged in more open designs, but it needs more care & hygiene.

-K
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Having had a great deal of communication with Dietmar over the last few weeks I cannot recommend a better person to deal with, prompt returns, genuine interest and a pleasure to deal with :-) We originally went for a Tube Jacket to make use of my fully healed/stretched 8 mm PA piercing (0 gauge) to replace my modified PA-5000, a CB6000 and a cheap spiral cb6000 type. after placing the order we decided a customised Looker 03 would be a much more secure alternative and changed the order. Rather than having the PA hasp which I had read was rather bulky on an 8mm piercing so went for the intergrated locking system on the underside too. I will post pictures here as soon as it arrives.
0 x