Thick silicone lube?

For the gearheads in the audience
wettie

Thick silicone lube?

Post by wettie »

Anyone know if they make a thick silicone based lube? Something the consistency of petroleum jelly but long lasting like silicone? Looking for the perfect "under ring lube".
0 x
fineline

Re: Thick silicone lube?

Post by fineline »

A thicker viscosity silicone, aka silicone grease, that is safe for skin (i.e. it's food grade) is available at scuba shops. Don't know that you'd want to use it though as it can be pretty stiff and therefore hard to spread around. It's also not as slippery as silicone oil. The oil, which is usually dimethicone, is considered to be safe for use on skin and is available in most drug stores and stores like Wal Mart.

edited typo
0 x
wettie

Post by wettie »

Wondering if anyone has tried this:

Astroglide Diamond Silicone Gel, Personal Lubricant, 3 Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M9C2M1C/re ... aub0JCS9B7
0 x
wettie

Post by wettie »

Just ordered some, I'll report back.
0 x
wettie

Post by wettie »

LastToKnow wrote:Desitin Clear multi-purpose ointment is a winner as far as I am concerned.

check it out: http://www.desitin.com/desitin-multi-purpose-ointment

-LTK
I've been using something like this, and it's great for 4-6 hours but then I feel like I have to reapply. Silicone seems to last longer but is messy to apply.
0 x
wettie

Post by wettie »

So to complete my PSA, this stuff is great, all the benefits of silicone lube without the mess. A small dab on a fingertip applied around the bass ring lasts all day or all night. Highly recommend.
0 x