JB length

For the gearheads in the audience
belocked

JB length

Post by belocked »

My JB is great but I'm looking for some advice about the cage. Most of the time I'm comfortably up against the end, but in some sitting positions (e.g. driving) I shrink back and then when I expand again it rubs and sticks against the top and has to be pushed gently with a finger to line up properly. Lubrication helps for a while but isn't a real solution. Even when full I don't seem to curve as much as the cage. So, is the cage too long?

As an aside, the JB routinely rotates to the left. I think the gap is even and I'm wondering if it's from having an oval base ring and being bigger on the left side than the right. It's not a big issue but I'm wondering about making the base ring rounder.
0 x
Michele

Re: JB length

Post by Michele »

I think literally the same thing happens to hubby but I wouldn't want his cage any shorter. Guys who aren't in a cage have to adjust their junk all the time so what's the difference? Most of the time cagedmonkey is to the end, any smaller and he'd be squishing out of the end sometimes and I could see him getting irritated.

As for the "hanging to the left" yeah that happens too it's not too far - out was twisting real bad before the last adjustment (think the gap was off on top rather than being smaller) but since then it's been just a little turn to the left and even that's only been recently.

Anyway... I know you are going to hear go shorter by some but I think if, most of the time, you are touching the end of the cage then you don't need to go shorter. You could try adjusting the gap if you feel the rotating is a problem.

Ok my opinion
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

I had the same problem. In my case, the cage was too long. I had some correspondence with the MM folks and learned that all of my penis should always be in contact with the cage. I would shrink back about half an inch at times. Other times I would be against the end. So I got the cage shortened by 1/2 inch. It looked very short. When my wife first put it on me, I thought we had made a mistake. However, a month later I am sure it is correct. My urethra stays nicely centered in the square and my penis is in contact with the cage in all directions. Initially it felt a bit strange, but now it is completely comfortable and requires no adjustment during the day.

Here is a picture of me in my old cage (http://www.malechastityjournal.com/jail-bird-too-large/) and one in the new, shorter cage (http://mcj.rlw1.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... -color.jpg ‎).
Last edited by Tame Lion on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I have pretty much the same issues with my JB and agree completely with Lady M's analysis.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

Lady M wrote:I think literally the same thing happens to hubby but I wouldn't want his cage any shorter. Guys who aren't in a cage have to adjust their junk all the time so what's the difference? Most of the time cagedmonkey is to the end, any smaller and he'd be squishing out of the end sometimes and I could see him getting irritated.

As for the "hanging to the left" yeah that happens too it's not too far - out was twisting real bad before the last adjustment (think the gap was off on top rather than being smaller) but since then it's been just a little turn to the left and even that's only been recently.

Anyway... I know you are going to hear go shorter by some but I think if, most of the time, you are touching the end of the cage then you don't need to go shorter. You could try adjusting the gap if you feel the rotating is a problem.

Ok my opinion
My urethra does poke out just a bit now that the cage is shorter, but in over a month now there is no irritation. The sharp downward angle of the JB lets my scrotum sort of protect it. Actually, I am much more comfortable than I was in the longer cage.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
belocked

Post by belocked »

Lady M wrote:So I got the cage shortened by 1/2 inch. It looked very short. When my wife first put it on me, I thought we had made a mistake. However, a month later I am sure it is correct
Wow, it looks really short :o

So far I see votes each way, so looking forward to more views as always.
0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

Whether or not the head of my cock makes its way to the end of the cage (aside from 'chubby time'!) has more to do with temperature than anything. Sometimes it resides snug against the cage tip for extended periods, other times it can get caught against the ring. Sometimes I put a good silicone based lube on to prevent that.

I've thought about getting it shortened maybe a 1/4", but I don't want to ruin a device that is quite comfortable as it is. Frankly, I'd have to order another one to wear while it was being modified. I'm only let out to see a doctor, or entering places with a metal detector. My wife has gone from being a woman that was once worried about a cage affecting my ability to get erections, to insisting that I wear one 24/7.

As for rotation...I think these things tend to rotate because, just like when you're 'swinging free' your flaccid cock seeks the least constricted area in your clothing...which is often not straight out from your crotch....it's generally towards one leg or the other. Mine just rotates to the limit of the gap, right or left, and stays there. I've never popped out of the JB (lord knows my balls have tried due to Beth's teasing), and whether they use the lock or the screw to keep me secured doesn't make any difference as far as rotation.

The human body is not symmetrical, so it's unrealistic to expect a symmetrical device to maintain a perfectly centered position (though Beth will, when I'm unclothed, tell me to 'straighten that thing out' because she likes to see it displayed that way).
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
Atone

Post by Atone »

belocked wrote: As an aside, the JB routinely rotates to the left.
That just means you have the liberal model.
0 x
iambad

Post by iambad »

Tame Lion- so is your end length 1-1/4? How easy is pullout? I am in the same boat, and will consider this when I place my order for JB.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Atone wrote:
belocked wrote: As an aside, the JB routinely rotates to the left.
That just means you have the liberal model.
:lol:

When I received my JB it fit really well and didn't rotate except for rare occasions.

When I put on my second MM device (Watchful Mistress) with it's new base ring it didn't take more than a few seconds when I watched it rotate almost 2 inches to the left. I fired off an email to MM describing what was happening and they said it needed an adjustment. So, I went back into my JB and sent the WM back. As a result of what ever they did it now doesn't rotate. :o Magic :lol:

As for the length, I'm pretty much 90% of the time sitting either on or a 1/4 inch from the tip of my cage. Very comfortable.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273