cracked cb6000s

For the gearheads in the audience
Lockedchef
cracked cb6000s

Post by Lockedchef »

Well out of nowhere I was sitting there on the ground and something just didn't feel right. Get up go to the restroom and low and behold my base ring on my cb6000s cracked. The small ring right at the connection point where the guide posts go through had snapped and the device was hinged open. Needless I'm not happy, I bought it direct from their website so it wasn't a chinese knockoff. Of course I have the other rings but that isn't the point. It was the 1 7/8 ring, next size down is too small for long wear and the next size up 2" is too loose for my liking, not to mention I can slip out of that one.

I've emailed them about getting a replacement since I have had it less then 90 days and I consider this a manufactures defect. We will see if they come through or not, because I'm not going to spend $20 on a new U ring. Of course I had to tell my wife about the little issue. Not like she was mad at me for it but she is annoyed at the money spent on something that didn't last.

So I am going to use this as a little extra excuse to try to get her to let me order a Jailbird now. I'm a little concerned on the sizing though. Since it is a metal ring that is less bulky do you guys think I can get away with ordering the next size down and go with a 1 3/4 inch base oval ring? I don't want it too tight but it seems to be that most can get away with slightly smaller on those and not have problems. Thoughts or comments appreciated.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Re: cracked cb6000s

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I needed the same size base ring for my JB as worked for my CB's, but I seem to recall that others have had different experiences. You may wish to order 2 rings, the 1 7/8 and the 1 3/4.

I ordered the oval ring but did not like it so sent it back, and William made it round for me for just the mailing cost. Again others have had different experiences with round vs oval.

Nonetheless, I think that pretty much everyone who has a MM JB will agree that they are wonderful and certainly worth the money.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
maxANDsue
Location: NYC and other places depending on work and time of year

Post by maxANDsue »

I have dropped my rings and tube many times because the Silicone lube I use makes my hands so slippery that I can hardly hold anything. Even though they hit a hard tile surface, nothing cracked. I expected it to but so far so good. I have hear of the wield separating but never a ring broken. Those rings are pretty thick but I guess, like with all things, it could have been defective. Let us know what happens.
0 x
go where i am told

Post by go where i am told »

Yep, broke several of them. They all broke where the alignment pins go through.

We ordered a Queens Keep from MM, used the same base ring size but oval. We also used the CB as a guide for length, got lucky with the overall fit.

The longest lockup so far was about seven months, haven't broken the steel yet :)

You can't even begin to compare the comfort, you'll enjoy it.
0 x
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

Well I did send an email to CB-X and they are shipping me new parts for free. At least that end is covered. I posted it in another thread already but I went ahead an ordered a Jailbird this afternoon too. Very excited and can't wait till it gets here.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

In my years wearing the CB plastic products I've broken my share of base rings as described here. Since moving onto metal the only thing broken is my will. :lol:

Lockedchef, If you can afford it I would advise getting two base rings. One the size you wear now and one size smaller.

The wait is a killer but highly worth it.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

Yeah I sent CB-X an email about the cracked ring on Sunday night by Wednesday I new one free of charge showed up at my house. So yeah they backed up their warranty on it since I only had it for 60 days but still I wasnt happy. I got a good little scratch from the damn thing. I was sitting on the floor playing cars with my kid when it happened too not like I was up to anything strange. I told my wife earlier that day too if she didn't let me out soon I was going to burst out of this thing, wasn't lying I guess. :)

Only going to get the one ring for now. I went with the 1 7/8 since that is what I usually wear. The 1 3/4 ring I just can't sleep him. It is amazing how much of a difference that 1/8 inch makes on the ring for me but I didn't want to order to tight and have something I can't wear right now. That is why I was wondering if since the metal ring isn't as big thickness wise I could get away with ordering it smaller. I went for the smallest gap to keep it a little snugger.

I will probably wait and spend the 55 bucks on the 2nd ring later and just deal with sending it back then. It was already like pulling teeth letting me order it to begin with, don't want to push my luck.

I'm still worried about the pull out issue on 1 7/8 in Cb6000s I can pull out and get back in with enough soap or lube. But with the 1 3/4 I can pull out but I <u>can't<u> get back in side. I'm going to try the smaller ring for a couple days again this week and see if I can manage. I'm not into pain at all and don't want to be miserable. I thought about the anti pullout pins but that doesn't seem practical all the time either. Either way I'm happy it will be here whenever it does show up.
0 x