cage length question

For the gearheads in the audience
lockedboy247

cage length question

Post by lockedboy247 »

After have been looking in the forum about this and been reading the forum two weeks, i haven't resolved this doubt.

I am 70 mm (length) and 29 mm diammeter soft.

I have read that is better going small or just the length measured when flaccid.

So if my penis flaccid is 70 mm long , the legent of the cage would be between 65 mm and 70 mm for a better fit.

But could 75 mm still be ok ,although flaccid my penis is 70 mm long ? , would be that 5 mm of room harmful ?

(In the sense that those 5 mm would suppose more painful erections compared to a 70 mm case that would fit ok i think)

I think the diammeter of the cage would be ok between 30 and 32 mm , at the most 35 mm.
0 x
The thruth is out there ... Fox Mulder , X-Files
Locked by LRC

Re: cage length question

Post by Locked by LRC »

I'm a metric illiterate American so bear with me and double check my conversions.

From personal experience I would recommend going slightly shorter. Just don't get carried away.

When using Mature Metal's guide I had measured myself at 2 1/4" - 55mm. I was going from a CB6000s to a Mature Metal. Because the CB felt and fit so well length wise, I ordered the same length (2 1/2" - 63mm). You know, the guy thing, I knew more than the guy making them.

For some reason I think the diameter of the device makes a difference in sizing.
The CB diameter was about 1 3/8" - 36mm. I was getting my MM at 1 1/8" - 30mm. I thought with the tighter tube it would squeeze things out and fit perfect, I was wrong.

With the CB I was almost always at the end. With the same length MM almost every time I had to fiddle and adjust to go to the bathroom. I had to start carrying Q-Tips, I was adjusting that often.

I ordered another cage with the same diameter but shortened the length to 2 1/8" - 54mm and it fit perfectly.

I went 1/8" - 3mm less than my measured length. I seldom have to do anything when going to the bathroom and it's more comfortable. It almost seems like it's part of my body it hugs me so well.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
SunLocked

Post by SunLocked »

I have first tried two cheap Chinese metal devices before settling for a (2nd hand) Jail Bird. The first one was way too large and wide. The second one was - as I knew it would be - a little too short. And the JB was just 1/8th inch shorter than what I would have ordered myself. But I must say: It's really good this way. And next time I might even reduce it by another 1/8th inch.

I found that even a significantly shorter device is not really a problem (experience with my 2nd device). Therefore - and this seems to be the experience of many locked men here - I would always try to err on the short side: If your penis is 70mm I would rather go shorter (e.g. 65mm) than longer (e.g. 75mm).

And as far as I have read, some people suggested there is a trade-off between length and diameter. Which makes sense to me: If you chose a short cage, you may want to leave a little more room for the diameter so that "everything" still fits inside the tube.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I am so on board with the advice from Locked by LRC. After owning 2 MM devices and making several alterations (including the shortening of my JB) I would go with what he recommends.

I now sit 90% of the time about 5mm to 3mm from the tip of my cage. I asked William at MM to spread my horizontal bars just a bit and I now find that I am able to stand while peeing all the time without any issues.

The diameter of the cage is also very important since you will want to be able to get in there to keep yourself clean but also experience a comfortable snug fit. Relaxed I find i'm just barely touching the side walls of my Watchful Mistress.

Good luck with whatever you decide
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

All very good advice above. I was worried when I ordered my JB that I went too short, but I trusted their directions, and most of the time I'm right at the end. If I'm cold, it might pull back 1/4", and on occasion my glans (which are rather pronounced) will get temporarily caught on the inside of the outer ring...a bit of silicone lube takes care of that.

I think I've only read of one case where somebody went overboard on ordering an MM device too short....but have read plenty of cases of ordering one too long.

A device that fits a penis like a glove has several advantages;

1) It doesn't allow the continual extensive expansion/contraction that results in chafing and irritation. A comfortable fit lets your keyholder keep you locked in the device only to be released at her/his discretion.

2). It provides continual maddening stimulation of the most sensitve part of the penis...its head, which in turn maximizes nearly constant sexual frustration.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

It seems that the most common measuring problem is with the cock ring. If you have that right, you are 90% there. The cage itself should be at least 1/4" shorter than your shortest flaccid length. If you are pressed against the front bars most of the time, peeing is way easier, there is little chance of chafing. Too long and it sits somewhere in the middle and peeing will be messy and cleaning difficult. Diameter isn't too critical. Many men prefer a nice hug from the bars. Too narrow and skin will "leak" out of the bars and can be pinched by the lock and other stuff. Too wide doesn't cause much in the way of trouble. It's preference. Remember, the key issue with the cage is that all of your penis is contained.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.