MM JB Security Screw?

For the gearheads in the audience
HeldForHer

MM JB Security Screw?

Post by HeldForHer »

Can those with metal devices let me know which way they went and pros/cons?
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
tjscooby

Re: MM JB Security Screw?

Post by tjscooby »

Padlock. The screws loosen and the heads not recessed.
0 x
Locked since 4-19-11. Currently in a MM PT
Atone

Post by Atone »

I had both on my Jailbird and have multiple feelings about them. I never cared for how the lock sat on the jailbird but it was secure (at least as secure as a little padlock can be). The lock sitting sideways did make a convenient place to grab to adjust the device when necessary. It was the one thing that would sometimes show through pants though. Not identifiable to anyone but me but it still bothered me. The screw on the other hand held everything tight but didn't have much sense of security to it. Like tjscooby mentioned, the head isn't recessed so I know I could get a pair of pliers on it if I needed to. Even without the lock the locking post still protruded a bit. I had my later Jailbirds made with the second set of holes for a plastic authentication tag but the reality is that my wife didn't want to bother with that anyway so it was never really used. I would get the security screw option and then try both to see what you like best.
0 x
tjscooby

Post by tjscooby »

Agree, both my JB and PT have the screw option, but if my wife and I are not together, the lock is on. Can get smaller all-brass locks that aren't too bulky - all brass best to not damage threads.
0 x
Locked since 4-19-11. Currently in a MM PT
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree with all above. I have the security screw on both my JB and WM but over time no matter how much I cranked down on the screw it worked it's way loose.

I don't mind the padlock at all. I chuckled at Atone's comment that it gives you a convenient place to grab and adjust because I do the very same thing.

Get the screw and then you can decide which one works best for you.
Last edited by locked4her55 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I have the screw option on mine. I clean my screw and threads with isopropyl (not rubbing) alcohol before assembly and that cured the screw loosening problem. I also have the additional hole for the plastic security tags. I may somehow be able to get the screw out but I still can't get the device off without detection.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Furiiku

Post by Furiiku »

Thank you for the isopropyl alcohol tip, I should give that a go. Is that something you can buy at a hardware store?

I very much like the aesthetics of the security screw option, but I am disappointed with the loosening of the screw after a day of wear. MatureMetal suggested messing up the thread on the screws to improve their grip, and they did so when I sent my device back for fitting a smaller base ring, but it didn't help at all. :(
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

About any store that sells first aid things should have it. Walgreens, Osco, Walmart, etc.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Use a drop of [clear] nail polish on the head of the screw (not on the threads!), it is easily removed with acetone when you need to. That's what I use on the screws of my .44mag to keep them from loosening up...and if it works for *that*, it will *surely* work for your JB.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

TwistedMister wrote:Use a drop of [clear] nail polish on the head of the screw (not on the threads!), it is easily removed with acetone when you need to. That's what I use on the screws of my .44mag to keep them from loosening up...and if it works for *that*, it will *surely* work for your JB.
I wonder if Dirty Harry used nail polish? "Go ahead, put nail polish on my screw and Make My Day" :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273