Steelworxx delivery?

For the gearheads in the audience
lockedboy82

Steelworxx delivery?

Post by lockedboy82 »

So, I've ordered my first device from Steelworxx (a Looker 02, processing began 30 January) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I am curious as to what to expect: Dietmar told me 4-5 weeks but didn't say if that was including shipping time. Also, do you get any kind of email notification when it's shipped and does he update the status of the order on the website, or do you just come home one day to a little brown Deutsche Post box on the doorstep? Friends have pointed out the irony of me having to rein in my impatience for a device designed to deny me orgasms, but seriously. I gotta know.
0 x
Atone
Re: Steelworxx delivery?

Post by Atone »

lockedboy82 wrote: Dietmar told me 4-5 weeks but didn't say if that was including shipping time. Also, do you get any kind of email notification when it's shipped and does he update the status of the order on the website, or do you just come home one day to a little brown Deutsche Post box on the doorstep?
I don't think his quote includes shipping time and don't expect an email letting you know it shipped. He does update the order status on the website to "delivered" but we have determined that means he has delivered it to the post office, it has nothing to do with whether you have received it or not.
lockedboy82 wrote: Friends have pointed out the irony of me having to rein in my impatience for a device designed to deny me orgasms, but seriously. I gotta know.
Ok, I just gotta know. What friends know that you are waiting for a chastity device? How does that conversation come up?
0 x
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

4-5 weeks generally includes shipping time.
No email notification.
He updates the status of the order on the website - However, it is a bit confusing as he updates it to "delivered". I guess in Germany that means it was delivered to the post office.
It generally takes up to 1 week after the status changes to "delivered"
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
lockedboy82

Post by lockedboy82 »

Atone wrote:
lockedboy82 wrote: Friends have pointed out the irony of me having to rein in my impatience for a device designed to deny me orgasms, but seriously. I gotta know.
Ok, I just gotta know. What friends know that you are waiting for a chastity device? How does that conversation come up?
Heh. The vast majority of our friends are either queer, kinky, or both, and the ones who aren't are cool with it. I've got one or two who've asked me a lot of interesting "hypothetical" questions that makes me think they may be interested in trying it themselves. :)
0 x
kept4her

Post by kept4her »

I have the Looker 03 and the time it took was much longer than the 4-6 weeks but I took the comment from him that it would take 4-6 weeks to make and then ship after. And when being delivered from Germany to the USA... I can tell you it took another 3 weeks but it was so worth it.. If not I wouldn't be going on a 105 day lockdown with any other device.
0 x
I have finally found the device I needed to begin my journey in chastity. I have never been happier in my marriage to my wife, lover, soul mate and now Keyholder.
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

I have had three orders from Steelworxx over the last two years. Every time it took only about two weeks to be built-after my order showed "processing". It may be a week or more before he gets to your order. I'm in wv, delivery time has been as fast as one week to as long as two. A lot depends on how busy. When shipped it will say "delivered" for your order.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
lockedboy82

Post by lockedboy82 »

So he's good about updating it to "delivered" as soon as it goes in the post?

ptharv, that's good to know about shipping times, I'm in Virginia, so I'd imagine it's pretty similar for me, maybe a little faster since we're right on I-95. Mine was fairly custom, so the fact that it's been 4 weeks and it's still "processing" doesn't surprise me. I'll be worried when mid-March gets here and it still says "processing."
0 x
all_in_power_less

Post by all_in_power_less »

Ordered feb 4th , processing ...
0 x
Sophie_caged

Post by Sophie_caged »

Hmmm.... it appears Dietmar maybe quite busy as I ordered a Locker 2 on Feb 1st. With the small dimensions I've ordered, he's got to do micro engineering and it's taking it out on him lol <blush>
0 x
lockedboy82

Post by lockedboy82 »

Ours has some custom work being done to it, apart from the custom sizing. He's putting in a larger removable urethral tube than normal (8mm w/ 10mm bulb and 15mm longer than the cage instead of the standard 6mm w/ 8mm bulb and 10mm longer than the cage) and we asked him to make sure the PA lock and the cage itself were keyed alike.
0 x