Proper Fit question...

For the gearheads in the audience
Sub Cy

Proper Fit question...

Post by Sub Cy »

Hi all. I'm currently in the process of getting a new device and I had a question on the proper fit of things... especially the base ring. This is important as I'm 90% sure I'm going to save up the "little" extra money to get a steel one built. Since those normally don't include multiple ring sizes like the plastic/silicone ones I def want to get this pretty close.

So in an effort to get it right (and spend as little money as possible) I broke out a cock ring I have. I would have brought out the old device I had, but I kind of threw it away after it broke and my KH and I separated....

Anywho... The ring I had was a rubber one that was 1.5 ID. It felt really tight, almost like it may be too tight, but I went to the hardware store and bought a 1.5" (with 1/4th Dia) Welded Steel to see the difference between steel and rubber. I also bought a 2" figuring if the 2" was too big (it was) and 1.5" too tight I'd have a good middle ground to start from at around 1.75". Get a second a step larger/smaller and I'd be golden.

Now after wearing the 1.5 metal one for awhile (roughly an hour... long time I know >_>) it feels like I may be able to go smaller. I can get a finger (well to first-ish knuckle) inbetween the ring and skin, and when I'm sitting my head pulls out behind the ring... I'm uncut (and overweight) so the skin as a whole is still "in" the ring.

I don't think I ever went to the smallest ring on my old CB (in fact I think I tried but couldn't get it on), which is supposedly now the same ID as the ring I'm wearing, but this ring just doesn't feel secure. I think my hardware store sold 1.25" rings, so I'm considering getting one of them. But it was semi-hard to get my balls into this ring so I wonder if 1.25 is going to be too small and I'll need to live with the "slippage" as I'm losing weight.

So my question is should I try smaller? How tight is "too tight"? Does adding a cage or changing to an oval or "anatomical" (from steelworxx) ring style make a huge difference in fit?

Thanks!
0 x
Locked by LRC

Re: Proper Fit question...

Post by Locked by LRC »

Most base rings come in 1/8" steps. Try a 1 3/8" ring to see how that works.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Sub Cy

Post by Sub Cy »

Locked by LRC wrote:Most base rings come in 1/8" steps. Try a 1 3/8" ring to see how that works.
D'oh, looks like in my editing the post I removed the bit about not being sure if they sold 1 3/8 rings. I do know that they do make those jumps, so if I can I'll def try that out.

As a side note, in the 1 1/2 when I got hard (on purpose...) it did get a little tight/painful and maybe even a little purple... Now I know the short/narrow cages can "catch" an erection to prevent it from growing full size (even my old CB6k did that and I've come to think the fit was HORRIBLE), but should I factor that into the ring size? If I should then maybe my two sizes (to start...) should be 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 or 1 3/8 . I'm considering wearing the 1 1/2 to bed to see how I hold up, but I'm not sure if that's smart without a cage to catch things lol
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Sub Cy wrote:If I should then maybe my two sizes (to start...) should be 1 1/2 and 1 5/8 or 1 3/8 . I'm considering wearing the 1 1/2 to bed to see how I hold up, but I'm not sure if that's smart without a cage to catch things lol
I would be very careful wearing a small ring to bed without the cage. 1 1/2" is a pretty small ring, I don't hear too many guys that say they use a ring that small. The ones that do have usually worked their way down to that over time. I wear a 39mm ring (as measured, was supposed to be 40mm) which is 1.53 inches. It took a while to get to that point though and I am pretty sure it is as small as I can go for long term (overnight) wear. I can and have fit in a smaller ring but would not want a nocturnal erection in one. I have worn this ring to bed as a double (locking) cock ring but won't do it again. If I go without the cage I will go to a larger ring.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree that 1 1/2" sounds small and to answer your question, yes adding the cage to your base ring will make some difference. If you choose to go with a cage length to suppress an erection then when you are aroused it will add some pressure to the base ring as you attempt to get hard.

Most of the time I wear a 46mm ring. When relaxed I can easily get my thumb under the ring. When aroused I can't get my pinky finger in there. I did try to go lower on my base ring but found it too painful at times.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Sub Cy

Post by Sub Cy »

Thanks for the input Atone and locked4her55. It sounds like maybe my original thought about 1.5 being too small was right. I actually didn't try wearing it overnight, I decided that it'd probably be too painful if I got an erection again and didn't want to risk anything. Which is another good indication maybe that IS too small.

Also, locked4her55, thanks for sharing the finger thing. I think I may be placing too much emphasis on tightness and the ring not going anywhere than I should be. I think when I was in the CB6k I was around the largest ring (which is close to 2") and it just wiggled so much it was kind of annoying. But I also know the cage size was way too large for me lol. Of course with the turtling I do I'm not sure ANY cage would fit sometimes... the joy! >_<

Oh well, on the plus side rings are the cheapest part. I had already planned on getting two with my device, so maybe I'll get 1 3/4 and 1 7/8. That should be around the 3 and 4 (or did the get larger the lower the number...) ring of a CB6k, and I remember being comfortable around there. So good a starting point as any I'd imagine.
0 x
poor

Post by poor »

I wore a ring for 3 days to size for the Steelheart. Use the one that you can push your finger in, stroke yourself up to erect and if it recedes naturally it should be ok to wear it overnight. The nocturnal erections are stronger but as you know it can go down, there should be no panic if you wake up in discomfort.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Sub Cy

Post by Sub Cy »

Yea for being sick and not getting around to things I wanted to as soon as I wanted to!

Anyways I've decided that 1 1/2 is def too small as I can't really put my finger in that far (going off what poor said) although it did recede naturally. Sadly my hardware store doesn't have the 1 3/4 ring like I was hoping. This means that I can't really properly size the rings.

So I'm wondering, with 2" being (imo) pretty big (I mean I could probably slide both balls through at once...) and 1 1/2 being too small what ring sizes do you think I should get to start with? I'm 99% sure I was wearing the next to largest CB6k ring comfortably for awhile. I plan on getting a 1 3/4 regardless, but I'm debating on going up or down on the next.

Also, I know that getting the tube size right is one of the most important things, and while I think I do I have a general question about that and security. Namely does anyone know of something that can like push the cage into your body more? I'm not talking tight underwear here but like a belt belt that you can wear or something. Like I know locked in steel makes a CBx "security belt" that does that. Something like that only not so noticeable and adjustable...

Thanks
0 x
Lockedup84

Post by Lockedup84 »

Mature metal has a sizing guide with rings for $20. Try them for several different sizes. I use the finger rule while soft it seems loose but hard can only get to first knuckle. The gap between cage and ring if small enough, I use 1/4", then balls can slip out and will work fine and be comfortable. FYI I currently use the cb3000 with that similar set up only thin is I wish cage could be a bit shorter
0 x