Inexpensive Devices

For the gearheads in the audience
Locked by LRC

Inexpensive Devices

Post by Locked by LRC »

I’ve noticed a lot of guys starting in chastity ask about an inexpensive device. Sometimes we “pros” in chastity forget that we were apprehensive when buying our first device. The thought was “Wow, that much money for something I may not like.” I think when we immerse ourselves into chastity it’s almost universal that you’ll end up in a custom device.

What I hope what this thread does is to be a common place to explore inexpensive devices. This Forum has good discussions about inexpensive devices but they’re scattered all over.

Please share your personal experience with inexpensive devices, good and bad.

An inexpensive device, for this thread, will be one under $100 US or 75 Euro.

If you write a review please list the device name, where you got it, and the price.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
NewToCB6K

Re: Inexpensive Devices

Post by NewToCB6K »

I'd like to comment, since I'm a newbie, and if I may I may deviate a slight bit.

When I finally told my wife I wanted to try chastity and she agreed, I ordered a CB6K Chrome. I spent probably 140 with shipping...and when it came it didn't fit. Couldn't even get into it. I never told my wife about THAT but I ordered a Bird Cage since it was larger. Well, it came, and it was almost too painful to wear. I happened to break it so I ordered another since I didn't know of MM yet. It came, it's locked on, more comfortable than the first (how?) but still could be a more comfortable fit. What I'm saying is if you're sure you want to enter this realm...just do it right the first time and get something custom fit. I have well over the price of a customer sized Jail Bird in the 3 I've had/have so far. Had I done my research or found Mature Metal sooner I wouldn't have made the rookie mistakes. Oddly enough I'm the type that if I want to try something, I buy the best and don't look back. In my excitement and haste to try chastity I blew more money than I would have had I just got a custom size Jail Bird.

My advice to newcomers, and I'm no vet. at this, is to just think about it, and if you're sure...spend the money. I still plan to buy a MM Jail Bird as I'd prefer to wear a device I don't have to adjust, or squirm from.

Food for thought and I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread at all.

-New
0 x
brave

Post by brave »

I'm a big fan of the CB6000 and CB6000s and whilst I did pay more than $100 when I bought mine way back I noticed that you can now get them on Amazon.com for less than a hundred bucks which is pretty damn cheap.

I'd definitely reccommend this model to anyone that's just looking to get their feet wet ;)
0 x
at her feet...
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

NewToCB6K wrote: My advice to newcomers, and I'm no vet. at this, is to just think about it, and if you're sure...spend the money. I still plan to buy a MM Jail Bird as I'd prefer to wear a device I don't have to adjust, or squirm from.
As it happens, I'm still using a CB3000, although admittedly I've made some modifications on my own.

Unfortunately, it's hard to judge what type of device to get if you haven't had any experience with it. I could easily imagine someone spending $300 on a nice MM design, and then become frustrated at having to return it several times to have the fit adjusted. Even some veterans can't always judge, and have had alterations.

I don't see this ass being different from any other hobby or interest. If it's something that appeals to you, don't buy cheap, buy in the mid-range and from there, figure out what you need. For most people, that means going with one of the mass-produced models. It didn't work out well for you, but the fact that they sell so many of them seems to point out that it works for quite a few other people.
0 x
celticqueens_sub

Post by celticqueens_sub »

I think this is a good idea. My biggest concern when we first started was using devices that might be very expensive and this be a practice we didn't continue. We started with a really harsh device that was metal but the edges were not rounded but straight cut, so it was pretty severe. It was used as a play device and for punishment. It was only when we realised that we both enjoyed the longer cycles of wearing that we started to be serious about the device. We got a CB6000 but CQ (and may other KH's have a similar view) didn't take to the apperance of the device and the frequent need to remove it for hygeine reasons.

However, the main thing was it helped us learn about devices, sizing, comfort etc and then when we were comfortable with the whole practice we upgraded to a MM jail bird and we are now thinking about other devices. I do think though that some of the really super cheap 'chinese' knock offs should be avoided.
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice
hubby2nd

Post by hubby2nd »

Here's my 2 penny's worth.

The 1st is a cheap Sentinel copy, purchased from bondara.co.uk and measures 40mm at the opening, tapering down to the tip. Know of anyone with a dick that tapers in that direction? Me neither. I found the 45mm hinged ring easy to get on, but a little too big. Also, the bulge formed by the hinge can dig in. I chose it because I liked the look, but I'm sure that if I tried to gain entry to a chastity party, I'd still be standing outside, whilst my dick shrivelled in the cold and the whole thing dropped off.
However, standing behind me in the queue would be the guy who purchased the device pictured 2nd. Only he wouldn't be standing, he'd be lying down due to massive blood loss from the sharp internal edges on the cage bars which were left unsoldered. I sent mine straight back to uberkinky for a refund without trying it on.
And it was only at this point that I read up on the subject here and am now in the process of ordering a steelheart.
0 x
So, this is a place of learning? I'll wipe my ego before I log in then.
Currently wearing Steelworxx Steelheart : Locked cock in one gleaming barrel
Atone

Post by Atone »

hubby2nd wrote: However, standing behind me in the queue would be the guy who purchased the device pictured 2nd.
:lol:
Thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight. Sorry for your misfortune though.

I love my Steelheart, I hope you have better luck with that.

Were you able to get enough experience to help with the measurements?
0 x
hubby2nd

Post by hubby2nd »

Atone wrote:Were you able to get enough experience to help with the measurements?
Hopefully. I would have gone down the cb series practice route but for the fact that Her Sweetness, my wife, won't allow plastic. She chose the steeheart over the jailbird I was looking at because of it's tube design. Her reasoning is that she's making life easier for me because, "Out of sight is out of mind". :?
I zip tied the 45mm hinged ring for practice and found it easy to get on, but a little loose once on. It's a flat ring, 14mm (9/16"?) and different to Dietmar's which I guess won't help :roll:
Anyway, following advice here (which may have been yours, actually, so thanks) I'm going for 2 rings at 44mm and 42mm. Thought about the bipartite design, but found little support/info here, so they'll be solid.
The tube diameter will be 33mm, as I'm 31mm flaccid and the length will be my flaccid length of 55mm. What do you think? Should I allow an extra 5mm on the length as I'm uncut? I certainly don't fancy getting any protruding foreskin pinched or rubbed.
Love the integrated lock, so that's getting ordered.
Finally, again following advice here, I went for the comfort ring on the base of the tube.
0 x
hubby2nd

Post by hubby2nd »

Whoops! My apologies to Locked by LRC for the unintended hijack.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

hubby2nd wrote:Whoops! My apologies to Locked by LRC for the unintended hijack.
Right, because thread hijacking never happens anywhere else.
0 x