Inexpensive Devices

For the gearheads in the audience
Locked by LRC

Re: Inexpensive Devices

Post by Locked by LRC »

I don't disagree with any of the comments made about the higher priced devices being the best choice. With the money I spent on devices before I bought a MM device I would have saved by getting it first. The problem was I didn't have the funds at the time to go all out and get a quality device. I didn't know if it was a fantasy or a reality of something I wanted to do.

There are many posts here that members have said they wanted to try chastity but have limited disposable funds. They are buying cheap devices. Some are pleased, for the amount spent, with their devices. Some are very disappointed and say it was a waste of money. Almost all intend to by a quality device when they can afford it. My intent was to help those members make a decision on what not to waste their limited funds on.

If a person wants a car and can only afford a VW and you keep telling him not to waste his money, to buy a Mercedes, do you think they are going to wait?

A couple of examples that would help members with limited funds;

BAD
hubby2nd wrote:Got the Attica yesterday and didn't even try it on - what a shambles! Missing welds on the inside left the sharp edges of the bars exposed. Back it went and I'll have to save for the jailbird.
GOOD
Chastitycage wrote:I have recently started using a steel spiral chastity cage. It has a one piece sold ring that u squeeze your balls through and the the cage that fits over your cocknand locks on.. It is very secure and I am impressed with the quality .
I can't believe anyone would hijack on this forum! :o :o :o
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Petey

Post by Petey »

Ok I'm a newbie, but having just got a cheap device I thought I'd give my input.
I've done my research on chastity and slowly let my wife know my interest. She thought it was weird at first, but deep down i think she like the idea and we agreed that we'd get a cheap device to try.
I really don't understand why so many people on this forum swear by the CB3000 / CB6000 devices. We both liked the looks of a stainless steel device better, and to me it seemed much easier to keep clean than a solid plastic device.
So after some research I showed her the A080 cage on DH gate for about $40 plus free shipping if you're willing to wait:
http://www.dhgate.com/small-stainless-s ... #s1-1-null

It arrived a few weeks ago and we've been playing with it ever since. The longest I've done is 3 days. Like I said, I'm very new to this, but for the price, this device is well built, comfortable, looks good, is not bulky under clothes, and is very secure. My only complaint is that the lock has some sharp edges but I will either get a new lock or file down the edges. Also, the cock ring can cause some irritation, but I understand this will happen with almost any device. A little lube cleared up that issue.

Am I missing something? Why is a cheap device so frowned upon? Maybe I'm just lucky that it seems to fit me well.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Petey wrote:Why is a cheap device so frowned upon? Maybe I'm just lucky that it seems to fit me well.
My guess is that the cheap devices have lower quality standards, and you're more likely to get one that's improperly assembled.
0 x
hubby2nd

Post by hubby2nd »

Tom Allen wrote:
Petey wrote:Why is a cheap device so frowned upon? Maybe I'm just lucky that it seems to fit me well.
My guess is that the cheap devices have lower quality standards, and you're more likely to get one that's improperly assembled.
That was exactly my experience with the Attica pictured overleaf - bars not joined, leaving razor sharp edges. :o
0 x
So, this is a place of learning? I'll wipe my ego before I log in then.
Currently wearing Steelworxx Steelheart : Locked cock in one gleaming barrel
WendyWicke

Post by WendyWicke »

Jake here (Wendy's husband and lockholder)

We started with a CB6K. It was a great first device because it was adjustable. Over the first year I went through a lot of swapping rings and spacers to get a comfortable fit. The geometry down there kept changing.

Eventually I just broke too damn many of the plastic devices. I am glad to have upgraded to metal. But I think it would've been a disaster if I'd started off with a metal device. I never would have gotten a comfortable fit without the CB6k to work off of.

By the time I bought a MM things seemed to have stablized and the same ring size and spacing has worked for me since then.

If I started all over again I'd do it the same way. I'd still get a CB6k. I'd get the short to begin with though. That was much more comfortable than the regular. I'd wear it until it broke too many times and then email MM when I was ready.

-Jake out.
0 x
hubby2nd

Post by hubby2nd »

As a freshly minted newbie to this forum and having eventually knuckled down (no pun intended) to trawling through the wealth of info here, it struck me that the consensus was indeed that the cb series offered a good benchmark to getting accurate measurements which could later be transposed to custom metal devices as desired.
Would that I had been allowed to tread that path - plastic was considered undesirable by my KH wife. So for those in this position, the path is rougher and this thread is of value. I think you can still get close to accurate measurements using cheap metal devices ( so long as they are safe to try) by taking careful note of where and by how much the fit is wrong. OK, so you might not then have a fistful of spacers, etc, to see if you can adjust accordingly, but other ways are possible; a cheap replacement chrome base ring off auction, or a curtain ring; bending your cheap device to alter the gap,etc.
I've enjoyed my time spent "getting it horribly wrong" and am sure my custom fit steelheart will taste all the sweeter for it (OK I do plan to wear it also :) )
I think the advice on this forum along with patience and a shed load of measuring will have steered me right. We'll know in a few weeks.
0 x
So, this is a place of learning? I'll wipe my ego before I log in then.
Currently wearing Steelworxx Steelheart : Locked cock in one gleaming barrel
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I hear what you are saying about the plastic. I didn't realize until after I started wearing my JB how much my wife "put up" with the CB6000s I wore. One time I needed to send my JB back to MM for a modification and I asked her if she wanted me in my old CB6000s and she replied "No way are you putting that back on. You'll just have to be on the honor system till it gets back." I will say that the CB devices did help me to acclimate my body to a CD. This made the transition to a custom metal CD easier.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273