Different Way To Measure?

For the gearheads in the audience
Locked by LRC

Different Way To Measure?

Post by Locked by LRC »

I am getting prepared to make an order from MM for a new device. I have been looking at other sites for more information. Not that I don’t trust everyone here but, I’m an information freak and will analyze anything to death. This is one of LRC’s complaints about me.

Anyways, I was at the Chastity Mansion site and found a post about measuring by PansyTart. He starts out with 6 misconceptions and then gives his explanations for them. He states with his method there is only a ¼” to ½” drop down of the cage even after a long “hard” night.

He says that a base ring needs to be large. This stops all of the night time wake-ups and pinchings. He uses a 2 3/8” oval and you can see the gap at the top between the ring and the top of the penis.

He agrees with what I have read here on the cage length, shorter is better than longer. He has a different way of explaining it which I found interesting. (Misconception #5)

He says you want a loose fitting cage. (Misconception #4)

He says the space between the cage and base ring is the important part. This is what keeps you from coming out the back. (Misconception #1)

He says for measuring purposes to use a long-term compression bag (made with a knee-hi stocking) to simulate the effects of being in a cage for a couple of days. He explains this.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this and what their thoughts on it were. I also wonder if present users of Jailbird, his device, think his measurements would have helped them, or are they happy with their fit after seeing the reasons for his statements.

Fitting for chastity device - http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/in ... t-devices/

Personal experience with ordered device -
http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/in ... ture-metal
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Atone
Re: Different Way To Measure?

Post by Atone »

I'm sure that what he has done worked for him.

I will add that all people are different (very different) and it might not work for you.

I have some devices that have similar characteristics to what he ended up with and I no longer use them.

If you follow his monologue he will say that he got the "perfect" fit the first time but then as time goes on talks about how maybe he should have got a shorter cage (or something like that).

If you follow his time line he seems to be relatively new to chastity devices and doesn't have much experience with different devices (I'm not claiming to be an expert, I am pretty new to all this too). I think most of the regular players here have experienced the need to go to smaller devices as they have acclimated to wearing something at all. I know that there is no way I could wear my current jailbird when I first started. I could barely wear the much larger CB-3000 at the time. I could have ended up with the "perfect" device that I couldn't wear.

He seems to give a lot of advice in terms of what would work for "you". I think you will find most of the participants here will give advice in the context of "This worked (or didn't) for me" and then try to explain the situation around it and let you determine how it might work for you.

just my 2 cents.

-A
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Thanks for your time to look at it Atone.

When I see something that is radically different than the norm I am cautious. I'm glad/sorry to hear that you tried some of the things he said and wasn't happy with them.
The oversized ring is what I wondered about the most. Playing with chastity off and on for about 6 years I have always found the tighter ring better.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Locked by LRC,

I read pansytart's measuring advice, as well. Not sure that I buy into it. Based on my own experience, I think a snug fit will be preferable to something large held on by only the gap and able to move around. Like you, I am preparing to order a MM device. I haven't made a final decision on which one yet. Please keep us advised on your experience.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

wishful4
This is my first custom device and the single most expensive. As others have said about the numerous devices they own, I have a lot of money invested in the CB series, 4 different ones. I want to get this one right.
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

If you've had 4 different CBs, you really should be able to figure out the right size for a MM device from your CB experience. It worked for us.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Dev; I have a pretty good idea of the size I'm ordering. The problem is, as LRC always reminds me, I have a tendecy to over research things. If I find a new concept on something I will try to find out as much as I can about it.
Case in point. I had more 8-track tapes than I can now count. Why? I had to buy a 8-track recorder because I thought they were great. :oops: Yeah, that lasted long. I learned to research a little more and it has become almost an obsession. It took us almost two months to buy our last new vehicle because of all of the research I did. :geek:
0 x