To anyone who has a MM Jail Bird...sizing questions.

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

Re: To anyone who has a MM Jail Bird...sizing questions.

Post by wishful4 »

locked4her55 wrote:I highly recommend ordering two base rings. You will find as your body adjusts that you start with the larger and work your self into the smaller one over time.
I second this advice. I started out in a 1 7/8 in base ring. I also purchased a 1 3/4 in base ring but couldn't wear it but for short periods. Eventually, I was able to wear it full time. Now the smaller ring is actually more comfortable and more secure. :)
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
NewToCB6K

Post by NewToCB6K »

Well my Bird Cage's ring is the 2" one and it's too tight. It really bothers my sack after a while. The ring itself...I half to *almost* forst each ball through it...and then it's somewhat of a struggle to get the shaft through.

I'm just curious as to how the people with a MM device measured and how snug they made the tape or whatever they used to measure.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I ordered the sizing ring from MM. I think they are $20.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
NewToCB6K

Post by NewToCB6K »

Locked by LRC wrote:I ordered the sizing ring from MM. I think they are $20.
And the biggest ring in that set is 2 or 2.125 inches...my 2 inch ring is already too tight so that's a pointless option for me. I'm just wondering how to take a measurement for a MM JB device.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

NewToCB6K wrote: I'm just curious as to how the people with a MM device measured and how snug they made the tape or whatever they used to measure.
You probably haven't received too many responses because I don't think too many of us measured that way. Most of what I hear is someone starting with something and then making adjustments one way or another. The CB series are pretty good for most of us to get a feel for sizes. I saw somewhere that someone makes larger rings for it now, you might want to check in to that.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

You could also contact MM and tell him your problem. If you know roughly what size you need give him a range.
I was going to try something different and he had me purchase three rings. I found the one I needed and he credited me the other two when I bought the device.
I think he has standard size rings up to 3 1/2" and could probably get larger if needed.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

My local hardware store sells steel welded rings for cheap money (under $5.00). Might be just the thing to help narrow down your size. I'm also sure William at MM would have some advice too.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
NewToCB6K

Post by NewToCB6K »

locked4her55 wrote:My local hardware store sells steel welded rings for cheap money (under $5.00). Might be just the thing to help narrow down your size. I'm also sure William at MM would have some advice too.
At first I thought you were being a smartass, haha, but that's not a bad idea at all! I don't know that it's as an exact of a science as I was thinking. My 2 inch ring on the Bird Cage is quite a bit too tight...I'm sure if I said 2.75 or 3 I'd be OK either way. I was just more curious how tight everyone else's was that wears their device for prolonged periods of time. The wife is getting more into locking me up so I want to be able to wear it comortably as long as she wants.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

locked4her55 wrote:My local hardware store sells steel welded rings for cheap money (under $5.00). Might be just the thing to help narrow down your size. I'm also sure William at MM would have some advice too.
An even better place is a marine supply store. They will have stainless steel rings instead of chrome plated like the hardware store probably has. A better selection too.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

dustinbabich wrote:Please tell me few best ways to keep the bird cage clean and hygenic. Thanks before hand.