How to choose the correct length of a chastity device?

For the gearheads in the audience
adam123

How to choose the correct length of a chastity device?

Post by adam123 »

Hi everyone.

I'd like some advice please! I bought the following cage and I found it was very tight and it didn't fit right against my body (it was only 3 inches in length):http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/spiral-male- ... 81487.html

I'm about 5 1/2 inches flaccid. I've done some searching and I've found a couple of devices that are slightly bigger: there are some similar to the above which are 4 inches in length and I also came across the "birdcage" which is 6 inches.

So my question is this: is it better to buy one with space or is it normal for it to be a bit of a tight squeeze! Obviously I don't want it to be too uncomfortable but equally, I don't want it to be too prominent (the birdcage looks enormous) and allow any "activity"!

Thanks in advance.
Adam.
0 x
poor

Re: How to choose the correct length of a chastity device?

Post by poor »

Sorry but I am waaayy too jealous to offer any constructive advice.

(If I weren't I'd say have a look at AL Enterprises 'The Curve')
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Generally speaking, snugger fits end up being more comfortable in the long run. The cage becomes an extension of you, rather than an extra appendage that is swinging around.

Generally.

However, quite often I read about guys who experience issues being all smushed into a small device. It can make hygiene more difficult, unless you're let out more often, or unless you have an open design (Birdcage, Jailbird, etc.)

Unfortunately, there really isn't a good way to tell 100% of the time, and too many guys end up with several devices before they settle on one that's comfortable and secure.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tom Allen wrote:Generally speaking, snugger fits end up being more comfortable in the long run. The cage becomes an extension of you, rather than an extra appendage that is swinging around.
yes, this is my experience too. Especially noticeable if you go back to an older, larger device.
Tom Allen wrote:Generally.
There is no one size fits all in this arena.
Tom Allen wrote:However, quite often I read about guys who experience issues being all smushed into a small device. It can make hygiene more difficult, unless you're let out more often, or unless you have an open design (Birdcage, Jailbird, etc.)
I hear that a lot too but have to say that I have had good luck being smushed in to a very small steelheart. I find that it takes a little bit longer to tend to hygiene matters in the shower but that I can get just as clean. Proper tools and technique are important. The jailbird doesn't really need anything, at least on a daily basis. It can be scrubbed and rinsed well enough with just a regular shower. The Steelheart really needs a spray bottle and a shower wand on a hose. In a pinch I can get by for a day or two with just one or the other but would really not want to go without at least one. I have gone as long as 88 days in the Steelheart without any removal and did not have any issues at all.
Tom Allen wrote:Unfortunately, there really isn't a good way to tell 100% of the time, and too many guys end up with several devices before they settle on one that's comfortable and secure.
And even if you do end up with comfortable and secure there are always other tempting devices out there.

Unfortunately the best way to get the best measurements is with the delta method. This is also the most expensive way and leaves you with a drawer full of devices that didn't quite fit. One more thing, your "best" size is also a moving target. There is absolutely no way I could have started with the steelheart that I wear most of the time now. Between becoming accustomed to wearing something, learning better ways of donning and doffing the device, and improving techniques for dealing with the issues that do come up I have progressed to a much smaller device.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Agree with what everyone here has said. I would add that, if you are purchasing a custom metal device, try to get the cage size right the first time. The base ring size and gap can be changed relatively inexpensively. The cage cannot.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Atone

Post by Atone »

Markbentorah wrote:It is one of the things that worries me about investing in my first metal device.
My Goddess would like me to purchase and wear a Looker from Steelworxx.
I have been measuring my flacid state and it varies quite a lot by over 3 cms
How have others balanced this out when getting a custom cage build ?

many thanks

m
I meant to respond to this earlier but got distracted. I have absolutely no experience with any of the "Looker" devices but I have a fixing with penis plug for one of my Steelhearts. I have also thought about it a lot and read anything anyone has to say about it. Based on this total non qualification to give advice on the subject I would go with shorter length. The reasoning is that the plug actually anchors everything in place and keeps things from moving about. It will also minimize or even eliminate pinching in the tube. This is based primarily on my experience with the fixing and from comments that Thumper made on his blog. I would go read everything that he has written on his experience with his Looker.
0 x
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

adam123 wrote:So my question is this: is it better to buy one with space or is it normal for it to be a bit of a tight squeeze! Obviously I don't want it to be too uncomfortable but equally, I don't want it to be too prominent (the birdcage looks enormous) and allow any "activity"!
Adam, I definitely think if you want this to work for any longer term of lockup, you'll probably want to invest in a custom sized device. However, the curve might work for a good starter device for you.

As Tom mentions, a bit more snug is generally better - I have tried lots of devices, and I like to have 1/4" of space near the tip when I am flaccid. This prevents having the tip of my urethra from rubbing against the device. More room than that allows for growth, which actually causes me to strain more against the devices and makes sleeping tougher. However, you don't want to be crammed into it either. My experience with being in a 3000 or 6000 is that in addition to not being able to clean it well, I developed skin issues from the friction.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
NewToCB6K

Post by NewToCB6K »

adam123 wrote:.....and I also came across the "birdcage" which is 6 inches.

Adam.
Adam I'm in the same boat. I tried a CB6000 and couldnt even get into it. Tried a bird cage but the base ring is too tight for any lengthy period. The length was fine as although I had an inch or so to spare flaccid...if I I got aroused it filled up. Looking into a Jail Bird now to get a bigger ring and a larger ID on the cage portion. Have a new Bird Cage coming, last one broke when I dropped it, and I'm thinking I may just sell it unopened and opt to go the more custom route. Wanna buy a Bird Cage? LOL.
0 x
adam123

Post by adam123 »

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated!
0 x