Question on MM design

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Question on MM design

Post by Tom Allen »

I don't know if this has come up in the past, but I was thinking about the MM design. One of the things that I'm not crazy about is the locking post welded to the cuff ring. Having looked at the pictures of the post with a security screw (which locks the cage from turning and bouncing), does anyone think it would be feasible to weld the post to the cage, and then insert the post into a larger section welded onto the cuff ring, and secure it all with a security screw from the top at the cuff ring side? That is, you would be looking straight down onto the head of the screw, which would go through the larger section on the ring, and into the locking post.

This would allow you to keep wearing the cuff ring without the cage (which is primarily my reason for asking), but obviously you could modify other MM items, like the double locking rings, etc.

This has the added attraction of being aesthetically symmetrical, if that matters to anyone.

Any thoughts from those of you wearing an MM device? I know that Bill has made at least one Jailbird with a post going through both the cuff ring and the cage, so I know it's possible to make a different ring.
0 x
wishful4

Re: Question on MM design

Post by wishful4 »

Tom, no doubt that the stationary locking post on the MM device is one of the very few disadvantages of this device. More than a few times I have gotten sufficiently aroused before being unlocked that I had to carry on with the base ring still on (think she does this on purpose sometimes). Moving the ring around where the post is snugged up against your scrotum is about the only option and after long term wear, it doesn't want to move sometimes. I'm not sure what he could do because once the lock is inserted in the post, the fit is so tight that the base ring and cage feel like one piece. Any change to that would possibly make the cage move around and negatively affect the fit. Have you discussed this with Bill at MM? If anyone's smart enough to figure a way to do this, it's him. Maybe he will weigh in on this discussion. If he does figure it out, a new device would be at the top of my xmas list.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Tom, An interesting concept. I think everyone here knows by now, I love my JB. I love the fit, the ability to keep myself clean without having to remove anything, the secure feeling, the knowledge that my wife loves the look and feel and the wonderful service from MM. The only downside is (as you stated) the post that remains on the cuff ring when removing the cage. We have gone both ways when I'm allowed a release. Leave the cuff ring on and try to position the post someplace out of the way or remove the cuff ring thus loosing the erection.

If I read your design concept correctly this would not allow those who would want to use a padlock instead of the security screw if indeed you went from the top down. Also I'm not too sure I would want the head of the security screw resting up against my skin as it passed thru both pieces of stainless. I think William would have to seal the part of the cuff ring that rests against the skin to prevent any type of abrasion.

This for me at lease would be ideal: http://chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13546

I have inquired but William says he is not planning on any type of modification like this. :(

We have gone back to using a padlock after experiencing issues with the security screw. As Wishful4 mentioned, if enough of us voice our concens to MM maybe a new locking system can be developed for current and future JB's.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

@wf4 -
I have not discussed this with Bill because I didn't want to waste his time if anyone else had already asked him, and I wanted input from people already experienced with his devices.

I think that the design would be just as "solid" as it is now. The screw would snug things down pretty firmly. As always, the weakest point is where the post slides into the hole, and because of the leverage, it might be slightly more prone to movement near then ring than at the base of the cage, but probably not too much. I've noticed that I often broke my solid cuff rings instead of the cage flange, but the plastic rings are obviously not nearly as strong as steel.

@l4h -
I hadn't considered the padlock option, but that's another design obstacle. I was only interested in having some way to not have the dang post sticking out. It's inconvenient to leave the ring on with that design.

I'm not sure how wide the head of the screw is, but the cuff ring itself is 1/4" (6mm), so hopefully it would be no wider than that. The screw head itself is rounded over, so there shouldn't be any irritation. Unless your gut is actually hanging on top of it... :lol:

BTW, I really like your MM with the other lock. I'd forgotten about it; it's a cool design.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Tom Allen wrote:I'm not sure how wide the head of the screw is, but the cuff ring itself is 1/4" (6mm), so hopefully it would be no wider than that. The screw head itself is rounded over, so there shouldn't be any irritation. Unless your gut is actually hanging on top of it... :lol:

BTW, I really like your MM with the other lock. I'd forgotten about it; it's a cool design.

If I understand your proposed design correctly I was more concerned with the end of the screw vs the head of the screw. If the post which is attached to the cage gets inserted into the sleeve which is attached to the cuff ring then the screw passes thru the post (which I assume is threaded) then passes through the other side of the sleeve which that hole would be up against your skin. If I understand you correctly then this is the hole that might cause irritation to the skin.

BTW: I would really love to send my JB to Germany to have that modification made but I just can't bear to be without it for any length of time. Wish MM had something like it.
0 x
Currently wearing A273
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

Why not ask MM? They're legendary in terms of response.

The other option would be to have them construct one that reverses the cage collet so it extends to the rear...that way the post is shorter. Of course that means less post for them to work with on subsequent adjustments.

My MM double locking cockring collet is reversed. Since I'm not caged, the thing never comes off....it's my 'ready to roll cockring'...not a chastity device. I was apprehensive it might give my wife trouble during PIV, especially woman on top...but there's no problem even with the lock on. She's really become quite adamant about me wearing 24/7.

If I had one major gripe (and it has nothing to do with MM) is that there just aren't many nice locks out there. My wife would prefer a lock that matches the polished industrial jewelry-look of the MM device....rather than something that looks like a little version of something hanging on a chain-link fence; Masterlocks just don't cut it.

And yes, Tom...I'm a very weird non-chaste guy that hangs around this forum, sometimes for reasons even I don't fully understand. :)
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

locked4her55 wrote: If I understand you correctly then this is the hole that might cause irritation to the skin.
When I wear just the cuff ring (i.e., not the cage) with the CB3k rings the 1/4" hole is against my skin, and I don't have any irritation. And certainly the metal edges could be softened and buffed so as not to scratch.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Tom Allen wrote:When I wear just the cuff ring (i.e., not the cage) with the CB3k rings the 1/4" hole is against my skin, and I don't have any irritation. And certainly the metal edges could be softened and buffed so as not to scratch.
Maybe William's listening
0 x
Currently wearing A273
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

I just emailed MM asking that they join in on this discussion. They probably don't check the forum site as often as we do.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
maturemetal

Post by maturemetal »

Hi Guys, I am always about building a better mouse trap. I have thought of reversing the locking pin so that the pin is on the cage and the locking collar is on the ring. You guys have identified some of the issues already.

The locking collar would have to have the end welded shout so that it would be more like a cap. This way there would be no irritation against the body. But in order to do that and still have the ring and cage fit together correctly then the locking collar would have to be longer. But the purpose is to have it fit comfortable as a cock ring so if the locking collar is sticking out then it would cause the key holder to be scratched more easily than the post sticking out.

The other issue is the lock would be on top of the ring itself and would be very irritating. The security screws would be better, it would be extremely difficult to get the screws in that close the the body and on top of the ring.

I am sorry I do not make it to this site very often. It is just too hard to keep up with every site. On fetlife.com I started a thread that they so kindly pined to the top of the page. It is called ask Mature Metal anything. I use it answer any type of chastity questions. https://fetlife.com/groups/5061/group_posts/1472692

Also don't forget you can always email me at [email protected]

William
Mature Metal
0 x
Please visit my site at http://www.maturemetal.com/ or email me with any questions at [email protected]
Thank You!!!