MM Round vs. Oval Base Rings

For the gearheads in the audience
danj
MM Round vs. Oval Base Rings

Post by danj »

I was checking out the Mature Metal website and noticed the option of "round" or "oval" base rings. My cb-6000s has a round base ring (as do all the CB-x000 devices, I think). I'm curious about the difference in comfort of oval vs. round. I'm eager to move to metal, though expect it won't be for a while. In any event, I'm interested in what you MM wearers have to say about round and oval base rings.

Thanks,
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Atone
Re: MM Round vs. Oval Base Rings

Post by Atone »

I only have oval rings for mine but have been thinking about getting a round ring to try it out. I too am interested in hearing from anyone that has tried both.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

I think when I bought Ab's Jailbird and then Watchful Mistress, there wasn't a choice. The rings were advertised as oval and that was it. They're not very oval-shaped, if you ask me. I wonder if the "new" oval rings are more oval than what we have? This is the ring that came with the JB, which is supposedly oval.

0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Looks round to me!!
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Atone

Post by Atone »

wishful4 wrote:Looks round to me!!
circular, yes. round, no, not quite. Somewhere there is a thread that has the measurements from some of mine.

I looked for it but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can remember what thread it was in.

-A
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

So the oval rings are just a bit "wider" than they are "tall"? Is that an accurate statement? Based on Dev's photo, it does look almost round.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Dev

Post by Dev »

danj wrote:So the oval rings are just a bit "wider" than they are "tall"? Is that an accurate statement? Based on Dev's photo, it does look almost round.
Yes, that's the way I would describe it. Here's another picture. Note that I don't have all these rings and devices anymore. The Jailbird has been sold and the extra base ring, which I received from Atone, has been sent along to Jnuts.

0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers