Useful CB-6000 info

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Useful CB-6000 info

Post by Tom Allen »

Note: I cribbed this conversation from another board, since somebody recently asked about the weights of different devices. We might want to set up a thread that lists the weight and other vital stats of the various devices for those thinking about buying yet *another* device.
Dev wrote: Dev wrote:If someone has a CB-6000s that is no in use, can you please weigh it for me? The Masterlock is 25 grams (I did weigh that before I put it on) but forgot to weigh the CB. I am just curious how much he is carrying around.

This may interest you:

I've been (slowly) working on a review of the Fort device. Just for my own elucidation, I weighed the various devices that I have. Here's what I might be packing at any time.

CB3000
Cage - 1.25 oz (37g)
Ring - 1 oz (28g)
Total: 2.25 oz (65g)

CB6000
Cage: 1.125oz (32g)

Fort
Cage - 6.375 oz (180g)
Ring - 5.375 oz (152g)
Total: 11.75 oz (332g)

Note that I have the 6k, not the 6ks, which might be 2 grams smaller (being slightly shorter). The 6k rings are slightly larger, but I didn't weigh them, since I never use that style; I convert everything to the solid cuff rings.
0 x
cb6000s

Re: Useful CB-6000 info

Post by cb6000s »

This appears to be the best existing thread for my adventures with the CB6000s.
I received my CB6000 on August 19, 2010. Like others I was very happy with the ease that it went on and the lightness of the device. The day I received it was a Thursday and I slept in it that night and wore it to work on Friday. I had thought there would be an erotic thrill with wearing it to work but the actuality was not so much. Saturday I woke up with the cage off and hanging by one ball. So I hadn’t gotten the measurements right the first time.
After some trial and error I came up with what seemed to work. 1 7/8 base ring (second largest) and 3/8’ gap (second smallest). This seemed to work but it was obvious that I had more than twice the tube that I needed. So, on August 26, 2010 I ordered the CB6000s cage.
Next, I wake up one morning and the device is hanging from one ball and one of the guide pins is missing. Never did find that thing. So on October 10, 2010 I ordered some replacement parts. Since A.L. Enterprises has a flat $10 shipping fee it did not make since to me to order just the part I needed. I ordered all of the parts except the cage.
On 12/19/2010, or last Monday, I woke up to a painful feeling in my crotch area. I tried to adjust myself but no pain relief was in sight. Finally, after my second cup of coffee, I realized that my base ring had broken at the point where the guide pin goes through and the rough edge was causing the pain.
I have the replacement ring so as soon as I’ve healed I’ll be going back in.
I still love my CB6000s but I realize that plastic means that I am going to be subject to a regular cost for replacement parts. I have bought the equivalent of 2 CB6000’s or 1 MM Jailbird in only 4 months.
My recommendation is that if you are not sure or money is a problem go with the CB6000 or CB6000s. If money is no object then just go straight to metal.
0 x
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

Since you really can't use the CB line for traveling anymore because of the new back-scatter scanners, and given how prone they are to breaking, I'm not sure they make sense as a first device anymore. This is especially the case if you know you want metal and are just using the CB line for sizing. For the price of a CB-XXXX you can order at least 3 metal base rings and have some options for sizing. Even with the more comfortable metal devices, it's nice to be able to pop up or down one ring size if irritation develops.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

With the prices of stainless steel devices coming down to the $200s, it puts them in the range of just about anyone who was willing to spend $180 on a CB6k. There still needs to be some shakeout in the field, though. From what I've been seeing/reading, the metal devices can still be a bit heavy, they can't be easily modified, and since many of them are still hand-worked, there's still the possibility of sharp edges or rough spots.

That said, though, I suspect that AL Enterprises could reduce the price of the plastic models, now that they've got the molds and (apparently) a steady sales stream. However, they might be better off addressing the tendency for the rings to crack at the guide pin ears, not to mention the seam-splitting issue that has been inherent in the design since the 3k models.
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

They will fix things under warranty. Back when they had the hinged rings, one broke, and they sent me a whole set of replacements free. YMMV.

Something else - if money is no object, start with plastic, figure out your ring size and gap for real, then order metal that you can be fairly sure will fit. Based on a bunch of experience with the CB-6000, my Jailbird really did fit well enough to get put on and not come off for weeks.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tom Allen wrote:not to mention the seam-splitting issue that has been inherent in the design since the 3k models.
This would be my largest concern. Luckily I didn't know about this problem when I was wearing my CB3000 and didn't have a problem with it. Ignorance is bliss.

-A
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Atone wrote:This would be my largest concern. Luckily I didn't know about this problem when I was wearing my CB3000 and didn't have a problem with it.
Let me tell you... Some serious pinching, and you don't even know what's happening at first. And when you figure it out, then you have to pry the cage off your tender bits... :shock:
0 x