Jailbird problems

For the gearheads in the audience
Belle

Jailbird problems

Post by Belle »

Jnuts has been having some issues the last few days, mostly at night. I told him I would post, as he is finishing up his last minute shopping. Hoping someone has some advice....
The underside of the cage of the jailbird is causing rubbing on the penis itself, and swelling in his balls. Multiple times there have been the indentions from the cage on his balls. It has been bad enough that we have had to remove it several times, usually in the middle of the night. He is using lube, and the ring and cage do not appear to small. He is able to fit a pinky through the ring, and is not having pain from the ring itself.

Any suggestions? We are planning on ordering a new device in the next month or so, but are hoping to continue to use this one until we receive that.
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
Atone
Re: Jailbird problems

Post by Atone »

The swelling in his balls could be from not enough gap between the cage and the base ring. I get swelling in my balls when I wear a combination that doesn't have enough gap. Usually I can just give them a brief little massage and it goes right away. It doesn't cause discomfort itself but it can make everything tight which isn't comfortable. On rare occasion the same thing happens even with what is normally enough gap. I have never noticed indentations on my balls. I do get indentations on the penis itself though, they don't hurt and go away on their own. Usually looks striped when I take the cage off.

What does the rubbing on the penis look like? Does it hurt? or just look bad?

Does he use lube between the cage and the balls? If no you might want to try just a little. If yes, try without for a while. I don't use lube there at all, it allows too much movement which is less comfortable for me. Same goes for around the base ring. I have started using just a tiny amount around the base ring and find that works pretty good. Too much and things don't stay where I like them.

I hope you get this worked out.

-A
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

I cant get lube in there without removing the cage. The rubbing does hurt but i can lube and deal. The cage lines on my scrotum concern me. It swells between the bars of the cage. Goes away a couple hours after removal.

Also when I get hard at night I'm having problems with the head of my cock getting jammed up between the two bars that run along the top side of the shaft. I get wedged between those and the top bar that runs along the sides. Very painful. That I don't think there is a fix for aside from a smalled cage. Really thinking tube style may be the way to go.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

I'm trying to figure out how you get lines from the cage on your scrotum. Only way I can figure that would happen is for the back ring to be pulled too far forward, pulling everything together. To get lines suggests that it is all really tight. This says to me that your JB is too _short_.

Next, you say you can't get lube on the bottom of the base of the tube while it is on. This says that the gap between the back ring and the ring that makes up the base of the tube is really, really tight. I don't have a lot of room in mine, but I can get a q-tip in there to apply a bit of lube. This, and the swelling, says that you don't have enough gap. You'd likely have less of a problem if the bit that sticks forward were moved to the top, but going to a larger gap will also help.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

likes2blocked wrote:I'm trying to figure out how you get lines from the cage on your scrotum.
I'm with you on this, and your analysis, it sounds like the gap is too small.

What size is the the cage? What size is the base ring? What gap did you order?

-A
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

The underside of the cage fits tight against my scrotum.

3/8" Gap
2 1/4" Length
42mm Ring
1 1/4" Diam

No way the cage is too small. It is actually too big.

How much can i expand the gap without harming the weld?
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Nevermind...I found the answer. :(

So now I have a hairline crack on the post weld. Luckily is isn't bad and doesn't appear to affect the integrity of the post. You have to really look closely to see it. I think I'm going to use a little jb weld on it and sand it down so it is just in the crack, and then throw on some clear coat nail polish just so it doesn't irritate the skin.

Anyway, gap is bigger by about 1/8" i think...hard to measure. Cage is no longer mashed up against my scrotum. Feels quite loose but I'm sure that is because it was way too tight before.

Will see how this goes. Any other recommendations very welcome!
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

I don't think the cage is too small. A smaller cage would actually increase the gap. I'm sticking with not enough gap. Likes2blocked is on to something with moving the location of the post. I think the closer the two rings are to each other in size the more significant it is that the post is located lower. The lower the post the less the gap in the north / south direction. I think this is the same problem that thumper described on his. I am using a cage that is 1/8" less in diameter and a ring that is 1/8" larger in diameter. This gives me 1/4" more gap in the north / south direction.

The fact that you cannot get lube between the cage and scrotum would indicate to me that everything is too tight as well. Mine is snug but I can put a little lube on the end of my finger and get it in there to run it around when I want to.

I don't really understand what you are saying about the head getting jammed up when you get hard at night. Is it getting jammed behind the ring at the end instead of going through it?

It almost sounds like you need a smaller diameter and shorter cage. Just be aware that if you go smaller diameter it may keep the penis from shrinking to as short a length. Also be careful if you go to a tube design. The jailbird allows a certain amount of room beyond the inside diameter of the rings used to make it, a tube isn't as flexible. I fit in a 1 1/8" jailbird pretty good but don't think I would fit in a 1 1/8" tube. If I did it would probably have to be a bit longer to stretch it out. Then I would worry about swelling which I couldn't see because of the enclosed tube. These things are way more complicated than they look.

-A
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Not the last ring, but the bar after the ring. Instead of lining up with the center hole, it gets caught on that bar.

I definitely need a smaller cage and I'll get one with the next device. With the larger gap, I can now barely feel the device. I would be able to apply lube around the bottom of the cage ring now but not easily. Sounds about right now. Will see how it goes tonight. Would be nice to get some sleep.
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

Atone wrote:It almost sounds like you need a smaller diameter and shorter cage. Just be aware that if you go smaller diameter it may keep the penis from shrinking to as short a length. Also be careful if you go to a tube design. The jailbird allows a certain amount of room beyond the inside diameter of the rings used to make it, a tube isn't as flexible. I fit in a 1 1/8" jailbird pretty good but don't think I would fit in a 1 1/8" tube. If I did it would probably have to be a bit longer to stretch it out. Then I would worry about swelling which I couldn't see because of the enclosed tube. These things are way more complicated than they look.
The smaller diameter would also effectively increase the room between the base ring and the end ring of the cage, which would be beneficial. I'm skeptical about a shorter length, because he's complaining about hitting the end. However, something I just thought of is that if the gap is too small, then the whole cage may not rise as things expand, and the erection would then have nowhere to go but out the end. Correcting the gap problem could well resolve that issue.
0 x