Please Help!

For the gearheads in the audience
gummicouple

Please Help!

Post by gummicouple »

I purchased a Jail Bird from Mature Metal for my husband/slave and initially had him wear it at home and when we went out to dinner. More recently, I have been having him wear it 24 hrs a day for the last few days. The problem is that he is experiencing "ball burn" (his words) on the bottom of his ball sac at the base ring. He has to get up several times during the night to adjust the cage and add some moisturizer (and also use the restroom) to get relief. Does anyone have suggestions? The 4" cage length is good--I can barely get the cage on when he is soft, the base ring is 2" and the gap is the maximum 1/2". Does the base ring possibly need to be larger? I read on another forum that Mature Metal says that a double base ring is generally more comfortable than a single base ring. Would sending it to MM to make a double base ring be better?

Thanks,

~Alex
0 x
Rubber, bdsm, orgasm control
Belle

Re: Please Help!

Post by Belle »

We found that silicone lube works great for him, we have had no problems when he uses it. A drop or two is all it takes and it lasts all day. He is currently locked (we play for a few months, then take it off for a few months) and wears it 24/7 for at least a week at a time.

He just has the standard ring on his Jailbird btw.
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Hello Alex,

The thing that will make it better is "time". The "burning" is tender skin trying to stretch. The skin down there has to toughen up a bit. It's not a failure if he has to take it off for a bit due to discomfort.

I started out with a 1 7/8th in base ring and, in the beginning, could barely wear it for a day, much less overnight. Often times, I would have to take it off completely for a day or two due to soreness. Now many months later, I am wearing a smaller 1 3/4 in base ring for 24 hrs most days. I feel reasonably sure I could wear it 24/7 if my KH/Spouse required it.

It is a good idea to use a little quality moisturizing lotion on the area of the discomfort, but don't overdo it. Using your finger to massage sore areas with the lotion helps. Too much will allow the device to move which can also cause discomfort by stretching the skin even more. Tell him to hang in there, it will get better.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
gummicouple

Post by gummicouple »

Thank you both for the suggestions. We will try some silicone lube and perhaps he needs a break. I might have gotten a little carried away, but I just love it so!

~Alex
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

My experience is that "ball burn" is affected more by the gap then the ring size.

One unexpected thing that I found is that having plenty of water before bed helped minimize nocturnal erections and the resulting ball burn. Plus that way if I do need to get up I at least will be able to pee to help bring down the erection.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Alex,

I reread your post and realized I didn't try to answer all of your questions. MM says the base ring is the right size if you can just barely get one finger under it up to the knuckle. I think it's not quite that simple. It depends on whether your scrotum is drawn up or hanging down which can vary with ambient temp and time of day or night. If he is not experiencing numbness or blueness(lack of blood flow) in his scrotum, then the base ring is not too small. Actually, a ring that is too large can be more uncomfortable than a smaller one because as he attempts to erect, it would allow the device to be pulled away from the body stretching the skin on the bottom of the scrotum even more. With regard to a double base ring, I am not sure if it is more comfortable than a single, but it would slightly reduce the gap between the cage and the bottom of the base ring making the device have a firmer grip on the scrotum. Overall, my recommendation is still the same. Give it some time. I suspect as his body adjusts, within a few months, you will need the next smaller size base ring. You can decide at that time whether to try a double.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Lockedup84

Post by Lockedup84 »

All the above ideas are true. Lube and time. I've been wearing my for 10 months almost 24/7. The burning will go away over time and his sack will be bigger. As far as breaks it is up to you some mistress say the first lock up after proper fit should be to a certain point so his body and mind can get use to the device. When I firs started took about 3 days to get a good fit then I was a week. Burned like hell but with a few checks to see no actual damage was done it stayed on. Everyone is different and I'm sure he will make it threw. For lotuon I used the vaseline for men. Would sometimes have to put it one 2-4 times a night and now don't even use it. Good luck
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Alex,

I also agree with what my fellow Forum Members say but everyone is different. Here's my situation. My Jailbird break-in period took several months with several modifications. The MM one finger rule I'm not sure would have worked for me. My cage is just under 2 inches in length which restricts any type of erection. When I go to bed at night and fully flaccid I can almost get two fingers under the base ring but around 4am when I sometimes get the attempted erection I can't even get my pinky finger in there.

I used baby oil gel several times a day on the base ring but after 10 days or so I developed a sore at the base of the ring. I have since done two things to correct the problem. I went to the double base ring for a much better fit/feel and have switched to Aveeno moisturizing lotion. Applied once in the morning after my shower and again before I go to bed. This has allowed me to wear the JB 60 days straight without removal in total comfort.

By the way the double base ring has also worked in preventing any pull out the back issues since it is a snugger fit.

Bottom line is everyone is different so sift through what everyone has to say and apply what you think may be best for your situation.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
gummicouple

Post by gummicouple »

Thank you all so much for your helpful suggestions. I realize after reading your posts and some of the other threads on this forum that there is no one right way that will work for everyone, but I have found a lot of good suggestions.

So, here's the good news update from today: we tried a small amount of silicone lube and I think that works better for us, at least for now, than regular lotion. The burning went away and it seems to last longer. After three full days and two full nights in the cage I let him out this morning. I had him pleasure me with his mouth and cock and then granted him a release on his knees where he belongs. He has been a very good boy, so he got to go to work without the cage, but I will put it back on tonight and it will stay on longer next time.

I absolutely love our new cage! It really is a beautiful piece, and it looks great on him. It is also easy for him to keep everything nice and clean. It's very exciting to roll over in the morning and feel his swollen cock in the cage!

lockedforher55: I am having a hard time envisioning what the double base ring looks like. Is the second ring attached to the first ring and where is it attached--top, back?

A good weekend to all,

~Alex
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

Was here so I thought I'd help. This picture is from MM's site. You install and wear the ring as normal. For some it gives extra support and comfort because a thicker area is holding everything. Other device maker's normal single ring is wider than MM's. I would think if someone had a small sack it might require a gap adjustment.
double-base-ring-200.jpg
double-base-ring-200.jpg (6.74 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve