Cage vs. Tube

For the gearheads in the audience
jnuts

Cage vs. Tube

Post by jnuts »

Ok, so we are definitely getting a new device when we get our tax return. The jailbird is great for what it is and I'm sure it would be a lot more comfortable if it were smaller, but I am not going to be able to wear it long term as-is.

I am really debating right now. Tube or cage? If we go with a cage, we are getting a Watchful Mistress. If we go with a tube....well, I don't know. Probably something like a Steelheart.

One of the things that is very uncomfortable for me is when I get hard, the head of my cock tries to push through the bars at the end of the Jailbird. At that point the head is extremely sensitive in a painful way. I'm sure this would probably be reduced a bit with a smaller cage, but I don't know how much. Unfortunately, all the MM devices are designed with the same bars at the end so I wouldn't have a choice as far as that goes.

The tube style devices aren't as visually appealing in my (and more importantly Belle's) opinion. If it isn't appealing to Belle, I'm not going to get as much play time with is a definite negative! Plus, with a solid tube, there is no room for play anyway. However...

I've been in this device for 5 days. The lack of access to my cock is definitely adding something that was lacking with the honor system. The tube would take that a step further with all access being removed.

How do things work in the tube when you get hard? There are no bars to squeeze through. What happens?

Also there is the fact that I'm most likely getting a PA in the near future. I would need a device that would be compatible with that as well.

I need some expert opinions. :)
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Atone
Re: Cage vs. Tube

Post by Atone »

I tried out my modified Pet Trap for a while yesterday. It has a very different feel to it than the jailbird does. While not a tube it is closer and has a nice wide band at the base and another near the head (you can see a picture in a thread titled 'the beast'). While I had it on I tried to get erect and it reminded me of what I liked about it before having it modified. It really holds on to the entire erection much better and has fewer places for things to poke through. It really made me want a full tube. I wish the Steelworx Steelheart was available in a 1 1/4" tube, I would get one just to try it. I am afraid the 1 3/8" tube is too big and won't give me the effect that I am used to and the 1 1/8" tube would be too small.

So there you have it, my non expert non helpful response.

btw, if I had a PA I would definitely order a steelheart with the PA fixing to try it.

-A
0 x
likes2blocked

Post by likes2blocked »

Cleaning a tube is a pain, and no matter how well you clean, things will get stinky after a few days. I also had to use a lot more lube internal to the tube to avoid chafing, so any time it came off for anything, first stop was the shower. I'm also not sure that a tube is really going to help on the nocturnal erection trying to pull your nuts off problem. The smaller it is, the less of your cock is going to be in the cage or tube when it expands, which means that the back ring is going to go that much further up, and that's going to pull. I've dealt with both, and both are going to have the same issue.

As far as the stopping things before they get started department, that will be helped some by going to something smaller in diameter, whether it is a smaller cage or tube. When we first played with this, I had a Curve, which is really large, and it was pretty annoying. Moving to the CB-3000, which is a fair bit smaller in diameter, helped a lot in that department.

The irritation from hitting the end tells me that you probably have the right length now. I wouldn't advise going shorter, but that's just IMHO. I had a worse irritation from the tube style because the air vents along the side would chafe a little, and the end wasn't nearly as open, which would irritate the end a little - note that I didn't find the CB-6000 terrible, just that the Jailbird is much better. I think I'd inspect the ends, makes sure there aren't any rough spots. Polishing it with wet 600 grit sandpaper wouldn't hurt just to rule that out.

Some things to think about - first of all, if the ring is dry at the bottom, then when it starts pulling, it will get stuck, and stretch the skin, giving a burning sensation. Apply some lube at bedtime, or if you wake up and things are ouchy, it will help. It will also help soothe the irritated skin. Baby oil works for me, YMMV. As you've probably already figured out, going to pee is almost always the quickest way to get back to comfortable.

The other is that your body will eventually get used to the new situation, and things will usually abate before it gets to a point where it is uncomfortable. Give things a few weeks to settle in. Been there, done that, and it does get better.

Hope this helps -
0 x
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

I'm finding that not all tubes are equal -- stainless steel is much easier to keep clean. Even though the Steelheart is more enclosed than the CB-6000, odor and cleaning doesn't seem to be a problem. Granted, the longest I've worn it before taking it off for a cleaning is 72 hours, but the Cb-6000 was stinky after a day.

Erections in the SH are only painful at the A-ring, and it's not so much the balls being pulled that is painful, but just the radial swelling of an erect cock applying constant pressure to a small strip of skin. A brief erection is no problem; it's when you're erect for say, 60 minutes, that it starts to hurt.

A small tube might reduce the amount of blood past the A-ring, and that might reduce the radial pressure at the A-ring, but I don't think anyone has tried out (and written about) an ultra-small tube. I suspect that at 1 3/8" ID and a workable length, the SH tube will always have a little too much volume to arrest erections. I wish Thumper would order his short tube and let us know. :)

The Steelworxx Looker 2 sure does look interesting: it's a cage that won't hurt the end of an erect penis. Of course, it might hurt in other places...
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Has anyone ever asked Bill about changing the end of any of the devices to make them solid?
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

One thi we have decided is against integrated locks. We both want to be able to remove the lock in an emergency with a set of bolt cutters instead of having to cut the device itself. We don't mind the master locks thus far. That should sabe us some money regardless of which way we go.
0 x