Sizing Rings Arrived Today

For the gearheads in the audience
michaelnmelissa

Sizing Rings Arrived Today

Post by michaelnmelissa »

Exciting!

I just got home from work and my Mature Metal sizing rings are here. Now, if I've read y'all right, I should be able to get just my pinkie finger tip inside the base ring. Is that right? When I am hard, that is. And what about when I am not hard? How tight should it be?

Thanks,
Michael
0 x
wishful4

Re: Sizing Rings Arrived Today

Post by wishful4 »

Michael, I'm interested in your opinion of the size or gauge of the base rings. Others have said the gauge is too small and doesn't distribute the weight well. Sort of like a wide belt vs a narrow one. Let us know what you think.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
michaelnmelissa

Post by michaelnmelissa »

Okay - so, when erect I can just barely get my pinkie under the ring. Is that right for most of you guys?

Also, what about the diameter rings? I measure 1 1/2 inches and when I put that one on I have just a tiny bit of room to grow. Should I go one size smaller to eliminate that room?

Michael
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

michaelnmelissa wrote: Now, if I've read y'all right, I should be able to get just my pinkie finger tip inside the base ring. Is that right?
It is hard to know exactly what is right. I have found that I need to be able to get at least the tip of my pinkie finger in the base ring when I am fully erect (nocturnal erection is when this matters most). I don't know that necessarily is the determining factor for what size ring you should use. I think it is a reasonable basis for the minimum size ring that should be used. How much room there is when flaccid is going to depend on how much you grow so I don't think there is an easy rule of thumb there. I would start with the right size when fully erect and then adjust the gap to get the correct security and comfort when flaccid. This is one of the places where the CB-x000's are great. You can easily play with both ring size and gap to get it right.

-A
0 x
hristo33

Post by hristo33 »

Not sure if the sizing rings are round or oval but it makes a difference in size selection. A 1 1/2" round <> 1 1/2" oval. The oval one will have a slightly larger internal diameter as Bill makes the ring height the specified size and the width will be slightly larger.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

They are oval.

Tip of the pinky when erect sounds right.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Dev

Post by Dev »

They are oval, yes, but not oval like an egg, more like oval as in "not exactly a round circle." Here's a picture of the various devices we have had (one of the rings now resides with Jnuts). You can see just how "oval" these base rings are.

As for sizing, Ab says the key thing is squeezing the balls out (getting a ring that is small/tight enough to do that). He's not sure about any of the pinky measurement stuff.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
LAKH

Post by LAKH »

Atone wrote: I have found that I need to be able to get at least the tip of my pinkie finger in the base ring when I am fully erect (nocturnal erection is when this matters most). -A

A stupid question from a very new recruit. Are you supposed to be able to get fully erect whilst wearing the device? If so I think my partner has a problem, there is no way there's room in there for that!!
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

LAKH wrote: A stupid question from a very new recruit. Are you supposed to be able to get fully erect whilst wearing the device? If so I think my partner has a problem, there is no way there's room in there for that!!
Fully erect? No. For my husband, even partially erect is not possible in his Watchful Mistress.

From what I have read, most men are most comfortable when the device is snug and closely fitting while in a flaccid state.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Atone

Post by Atone »

LAKH wrote:A stupid question from a very new recruit. Are you supposed to be able to get fully erect whilst wearing the device?
That is a very good question. The answer is no but that there is a 'new' erect when in the device. He will definitely attempt to get hard and when he does the base of his penis will be 'erect'. That is when you need (in my opinion and experience) just a little space. I really don't know if you can gauge this accurately without having a cage on the penis to restrict the rest of the erection. It might affect this measurement but I don't know as I have never tried it without.

I will say again that I think the CB-x000 is a great way to figure some of this out. The ring that I settled on in the CB-3000 is the same as what I use most of the time in my metal devices. I was on a slightly smaller ring for a while but have gone back to that original size for now. Plus it is nice to have another device as a 'spare' in case I need to switch due to a temporary discomfort or to have something changed on the metal device.

-A
0 x