Adjusting ring size for day vs night

For the gearheads in the audience
Decker

Adjusting ring size for day vs night

Post by Decker »

It seems from my experience and other's opinions that the best A ring size is the smallest you can wear and still make it through the night, knowing that the day probably won't be much of an issue in comparison. I found in the past with a cb3000 that a 1 3/4" (size 3) ring is the smallest that I can sleep with, but then it is a bit too big during the day and can cause the device to slide down the shaft a bit. I also know that I can go with a 1 5/8" (size 4) ring during the day, which keeps things more in the place they should be.

I have a jailbird on order with an oval 1 3/4" ring, and am wondering if it would be feasible and/or effective to find a way to temporarily tighten the diameter of the A ring about 1/8" during the daytimes by adding some sort of material under the ring (so as not having to get 2 rings and switch them out every day, which I think would be ridiculous). The purpose would be comfort and look, as it obviously wouldn't increase security as it would be removable for nighttimes anyway. I don't have the device yet, and don't consider myself all that handy... any ideas as to what might work best to use for this material? Considerations are that:

1. The A ring somehow fits into the material well so it can move around and not slip off the material
2. The thickness is around 1/8" (about 3mm)
3. The material is non-porous and hygenic

Any ideas on how to make this work well? Thanks everyone.
0 x