Cage Size?

For the gearheads in the audience
michaelnmelissa

Cage Size?

Post by michaelnmelissa »

I've ordered the sizing rings from Mature Metal and still waiting on the list. In the meantime, I've measured myself several times. I seem to be most often 2 1/2" in length and 1 1/2" across. Is this the size the Jailbird should be?

Michael
0 x
jnuts

Re: Cage Size?

Post by jnuts »

Make sure you measure length often and go with the smallest size. I ordered mine 2 1/4 in length and wish i would have ordered a bit shorter. Hoping the tighter ring will hold things closer.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Dev

Post by Dev »

My husband had the plastic CB which is 2 1/2" long. He had room in there so when I ordered his Jailbird, I asked for the cage to be 2" long. That was okay but even then he had a little bit of room so when I ordered his Watchful Mistress, I shaved another 1/4" off the length for 1 3/4".

The diameter of the CB was (I believe) 1 1/2". On the JB and WM I ordered 1 1/4". That seems to be the right fit.

Ab tells me that right now, the WM is the most comfortable device for him and the one he is wearing most often.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
michaelnmelissa

Post by michaelnmelissa »

So, if I'm 2 1/2" then do you think I should get the cage at 2"? And if I'm 1 1/2" across should it be that or would you recommend a bit smaller?

Thanks,
Michael
0 x
Belle

Post by Belle »

When you get the sizing rings he includes the ones to size the width of the cage.
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
Atone

Post by Atone »

michaelnmelissa wrote:So, if I'm 2 1/2" then do you think I should get the cage at 2"? And if I'm 1 1/2" across should it be that or would you recommend a bit smaller?
I think the hardest part about this is that you won't know what you like until you've tried it. And the only way to know what you like best is to try them all, or at least a representative sample. Sure, a lot of sizes and devices can be eliminated by looking at them. This still leaves a lot to choose from. I struggle because I have found something that I really like but I know at the same time there is probably something I would like better.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

michaelnmelissa wrote:So, if I'm 2 1/2" then do you think I should get the cage at 2"? And if I'm 1 1/2" across should it be that or would you recommend a bit smaller?

Thanks,
Michael
The general consensus seems to be that if you are a grower, not a shower, it's better to go a little bit smaller than you measure. There is this bit of wisdom to remember: "Guys, you're smaller than you think you are." :D
Penises do have an amazing ability to shrink....

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Atone

Post by Atone »

Thanks,
Michael
Michael, In response to my own question on your other post here http://chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=213 I found this.

I think you need to be careful going smaller on both the diameter and the length. At some point total volume becomes an issue. My first jailbird was 1 3/8" diameter and 2 1/2" long. I ordered it based on free room in my CB3000. It ended up being too long and too large in diameter. I then ordered the one I am wearing now which is 1 1/8" diameter and 2 1/4" length. At first (I felt) it was too small but with encouragement from MM I wore it for a while and I really did get used to it. I still think the 'head' ring is too small but the opening and length are right. I have been wearing it almost non-stop since I got about 3 months ago but I do have to be careful about a little occasional swelling in front of the 'head' ring.

I guess my point is that if you go smaller in diameter it may not allow you to shrink to your shortest length. Finding the best combination of the two will be a challenge. Given unlimited resources I would start by determining the smallest diameter that I could use and then shorten to the shortest length within that diameter that I could.

-A
0 x