Sizing dilemma

For the gearheads in the audience
hot_toddy_dog

Sizing dilemma

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

So I just placed an order with Dietmar but now I am now second guessing my tube size measurement. I recently discovered a perfect 31.5mm diameter household object - and of course had to try to insert my junk into it. Much difficulty was encountered. I had to use the stocking trick to get in, and then inspecting from the other side showed lots of compression around the tip, in what looked like a bad way. I know from o-ring testing that I can survive a 1.25" ring overnight behind the head without problems, but now I am having doubts if this is the actual size around the head itself.

Should I size the tube to the exact circumference and diameter of the shaft or the head? In my case, they differ fairly substantially even when completely flaccid (99mm vs 110mm).

Re-reading this now before I post, I suppose I'll e-mail Dietmar and opt to go with the larger size (35mm ID) - otherwise I'd have to use the stocking trick to even get in - which almost certainly makes the urethral insert unusable.
0 x
Atone
Re: Sizing dilemma

Post by Atone »

It sounds like you are very close to the same flaccid size as I am.

I can actually get in the 31mm tube without using the stocking method now but couldn't when I first got it. It was a pretty tedious process of getting relaxed enough and then using the stocking method, or even better the plastic bag, then pushing and pulling on everything until it was close. It usually took almost a day after getting in for everything to shift around on its own to get just right. Now I use a different method that I saw on a T&D video one time. Basically you pull as much of the skin around the penis up and over the tip (I'm circumcised) as possible and then kind of cram that in the end of the tube. When you let go the penis "pops" out from the skin and in to the tube. There is a link to the video somewhere on this forum. I still wouldn't want to take it off too often but that is not a problem for us, we usually go pretty long term, even between a "play" session. Right now it has been 16 days since I locked up and I expect another 20 or so before I am out and that is only due to a training event that requires that I not wear the device.

I don't think the urethral insert would work for me in the 31mm tube.

If you go with the 35mm tube you should be fine on both counts. I would check the length though, maybe find a "household object" that has a 35mm diameter to play with. If I remember correct you were looking at about 100mm for the length. I know I would not want to have to conceal a device that large unless I really had too. I found the 80mm long 35mm diameter tube to show a little from time to time. Certainly not obvious to anyone but me but I would have to pay attention to it. One thing to remember is that with a larger diameter tube you might not need as much length, the penis is a pretty mushy thing most of the time.

Based on what you describe I think you are making the right choice going with the larger diameter tube.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Atone wrote:Basically you pull as much of the skin around the penis up and over the tip (I'm circumcised) as possible and then kind of cram that in the end of the tube. When you let go the penis "pops" out from the skin and in to the tube.
:geek: Nice trick, never thought of that one. It worked, I got inside a 30mm tube just fine.

Thus begins my second guessing of all of my measurements. My current device is 37mm inner diameter, but the "breathing holes" at the top of the pet trap allow a lot more skin to come out, allowing the head to come to pretty much full purple throbbing erection size. Moving to an actual 35mm device with full enclosure sounds a lot more promising in terms of reducing erections and inhibiting orgasmic function. 37->31.5mm is a rather more extreme change that I think is reasonable for now.

As far as the tube length, I'm going with 105mm, that's approximately (depending on how you measure) the length of my device today - which I have no problem concealing. Numerically, it seems a little longer - my 3.5" Pet Trap with a widening back gap makes the device approximately 4" long. If anything, this device is too short. When I get erections, a lot of me comes out the back. My testicles are very loose, so they will not hold the device in place and scrunch up the penis - I can pull my testicles down flush with the head of the penis with no problem or pain of any kind. So my only recourse is to make sure when that happens, more of me is stuffed in the tube. 105mm is also exactly my perfectly flaccid, barely compressed length, so according to Dietmars sizing, it should be the right measurement.

How do I avoid detection in public? I lean naturally to the right, and to does the device. The locking mechanism is more noticeable than the device. To me the "package" looks no different than the bulge I get when wearing briefs.

Still, now I will be second guessing everything for the next 5-6 weeks. Could I have gone with a smaller tube? Maybe. Will I be able to climax in the 35mm device? Maybe. With the urethral insert? Probably won't want to! Will I want to upgrade in a few years to a smaller tube? Almost definitely. But for now I need a device which I know I can wear, and hopefully I can train myself to eventually wear a smaller size. If I can orgasm in the device - shrug. I'll just have to use self control. I mean, right now, I have the self-control to put on the device and keep it on while I "masturbate" - which consists of non-genital play. I can't even imagine pulling it out and giving myself a hand job, which is how most guys masturbate. To put it in Tom's phrasing, that's been deleted from my script. I did orgasm once, spontaneously, while in the device and receiving no stimulation at all - just pleasuring my wife. Hands down, that was by far the best orgasmic experience of my life, and despite trying to re-create that it hasn't happened again since. She finishes (several times) before I get aroused enough for that to happen, it takes 45+ minutes of erotic play without any stimulation for me to climax spontaneously, and if that happens to be our technique for male orgasm control, then so be it. If anything, it is going to be more difficult for me to orgasm with the Steelheart, so this is strictly an upgrade of the current situation.

But, alas, I will keep second guessing myself until the day it arrives, when I will switch from second guessing about making the proper measurements to second guessing if I could have gotten a better fit.

I think I am going to go ahead and add something on to the order - the Penisring which is intended to prevent breaking out of the tube. I don't think it is secure, but I do think the smaller diameter compressing the shaft would certainly help to eliminate orgasm.

Or do I want to add the urethral fixing! Gah, so many choices. Maybe I just need to get "the works" and see what works best. I will confer with Dietmar again...
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

I think you should get the penisring. I don't know anyone that has one and would love to hear a first hand account of how it works out.

The problem with getting "the works" is that if you then need a different sized tube you have to get them over again. The problem with not getting everything up front is you have to send it back to get it fitted. When I had my modifications done it wasn't until after I already had a replacement. There is no way I wanted to be without a steelheart for 8 weeks while it was sent back (most of that in customs, took 4 weeks just to get there, a week or two for his mods, 2 weeks back).
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

I already contacted Dietmar about the Penisring. If there is one that fits inside the 35mm tube it will be great, I don't know if the 32mm one would fit, but the next size down from 32mm is 26mm!! That's getting pretty tiny. Yes I could get it on. No way do I think it would be a good idea. I do know there is a diameter at which it becomes impossible for me to ejaculate, the contractions simply don't work and it becomes crazy painful like I fear blood is going to come bursting out - but not sure I need this strong of a disincentive to orgasm, and last time I played with tubes that tight, I was pretty sure I could not wear them long without cutting off circulation. That's around this size. Still, if it's the only size available I may try it just to see how it works, it is not that expensive in the overall scheme of things.

Since I did go with the larger tube, the urethral fixing could work, I'm curious to know if that helps to prevent orgasm (or perhaps you are one of the lucky ones who can't orgasm in your device anyway), in which case.. :mrgreen:
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

hot_toddy_dog wrote: Since I did go with the larger tube, the urethral fixing could work, I'm curious to know if that helps to prevent orgasm (or perhaps you are one of the lucky ones who can't orgasm in your device anyway), in which case.. :mrgreen:
I don't think the urethral fixing would prevent orgasm physically, but mentally I think I would be too afraid to try. I wish mine would fit in my shorter tube, I would like to try it again but don't really want to go back to the longer tube. I think it would work better also as there was usually a little pull back with the longer tube.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Yeah, I have the removable urethral insert already, I'm not gonna go for the fixing. I'm not even sure I will like urethral play at all - I just figured it would be interesting to play with some new sensation now that I won't be getting any other stimulation there. The way the fixing lines up with the hole but isn't completely secured in place is nice for allowing urine and other fluids to exit, but also seems like it could pinch in a really bad way since it may be free to move around a bit. That's absolutely the worst place on the male body to get pinched.

I did find out from Dietmar that the inner diameter for the penis ring that fits in a 35mm tube is 30mm - and I have ordered it. Anxious to see how that works out, if it can be defeated, etc. It would be cool if it totally prevented slipping out the back, but I have a strong guess that it won't. Perhaps it won't be possible to get the Penisring out of the device and back on, which could be at least some added security, but I doubt this too. My penis is a long practiced gymnast and contortionist, and if it is possible for anyone to escape, I'll be able to let you know.

Still, 30mm... that's sweetly tight. I know I can't last overnight with the penis head compressed to 30mm without having problems, but around the mid-shaft, this might be okay. Strong enough resistance to inhibit ejaculation? We shall see. Another interesting experiment.

Now I just have to pine away for 2 months while I wait for production, shipping and customs.
0 x
chas83

Post by chas83 »

hot_toddy_dog wrote: Now I just have to pine away for 2 months while I wait for production, shipping and customs.
Man, that wait time can be brutal. I feel for ya man :(
Anybody have any clue how many people are working for Dietmar or is it just him?
I shipped a tube back to him for a simple modification (extend the pee-hole of the Steelheart to allow urine to flow better) and it has been sitting patiently after it has absolutely/with-out-a-doubt cleared customs according to my tracking info, for over a week now :x He's been apparently too busy to even pick it up :x
I think it's about time he hire more people ;)
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Thanks to Atone for all the advice and thanks chas83 .. have no worries about me. I have a fairly well fit Mature Metal Pet Trap which will keep me happily orgasm free, at least when making love to my wife, for as long as we see fit. I think 6-8 weeks is a pretty good turn around time on something like this. Let's not bite the hand that feeds..
0 x