The Three Amigos

For the gearheads in the audience
Atone
The Three Amigos

Post by Atone »

A couple of you have asked about my new Pet Trap so here are a few pictures. For various reasons I haven't had much time to wear it so I don't really have many impressions to share yet. I will say it is very different from the jailbirds. It is also very comfortable. However, it does require a bit more fidgeting to keep everything in place. Part of this is the design of the device and part of that is due to the size. I don't know what the long term wear-ability will be yet.

This first picture is a comparison of the three MM devices that I have. I affectionately refer to them as the three amigos.
The one on the right is my first jailbird. I sized it based on the CB6000S that I was going to get to replace my CB3000. It is 1 3/6" diameter and 2 1/2" long.

The one on the left is my new jailbird. It is 1 1/8" diameter and 2 1/4" long.

The one in the middle is the Pet Trap. It has two diameters, the opening is 1 1/8" diameter and the end with the bars is 1 1/4" diameter. The length is 2".

This picture actually does a pretty good job representing the relative sizes of these three devices. It is hard to tell but the back edge of the bottom of the rings are all in a straight line. The inside diameter of the Pet Trap is actually bigger than the jailbird on the left, 1.14" v 1.10" even though it doesn't look like it. It doesn't look like it when holding them either. The Pet Trap seems really, really small even though it isn't really. The thinness of the material contributes to this. The fact that the bars on the jailbird are out further than the inside diameter of the rings also contributes to its size.

This second picture is of the Pet Trap assembled with the base ring. It shows the difference in the two diameters a little better.
You can see that there is less access on this device. That is part of what is contributing to the difficulty I am having getting everything 'working' so to speak. To be fair I haven't spent much time with it yet, only about 36 hours last weekend. The biggest problem is all the skin on the underside of the penis. There just isn't much room for it all. It has been pushing in to the bottom of the bars which points the end of the penis up a little. It actually works ok because I can pee out the upper opening in the bars and it is actually easier to see to align everything. The problem is that the skin protrudes in weird ways at the bottom of the bars. Some time playing with it should help figure everything out.

As you can probably imagine from the pictures it practically disappears under clothing. There just isn't much there. With the screw lock there is only a miner protrusion at the end of the locking pin. That would even be less except that I did get the anti-pullout pins. I know others haven't cared for them but I like having them even if I don't wear them all the time.

This last picture is one I shared elsewhere showing the extra hole I had put in for an authentication tag.
Not much to say about this. It should be effective but I haven't tried wearing it with a tag yet to see if it gets in the way or anything. I will worry about this once I have been able to wear it for a while.

I am sure I will have more to add as time goes on. In the mean time if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-A
0 x
Dev

Re: The Three Amigos

Post by Dev »

Great pics, Atone, thanks! I am sure for folks trying to make up their minds about the various MM devices, this will be a helpful resource.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Shane67

Post by Shane67 »

Great write up! In practice, do the differences in size affect concealability at all? Or are they all so small that the practical differences are moot?
0 x
neranden

Post by neranden »

How do you like the pet trap compared to the jailbird? I'm really tempted by the jailbird, mostly since it's so popular around here, but the pet trap sounds like it might be more discreet. On the other hand, I think the Jailbird would be more comfortable. I'm used to a CB-3000, and I'm waffling between wanting something open and wanting something enclosed. I like the idea of being able to clean it with just a washcloth instead of needing a squirt bottle, but the complete "sensory deprivation" of a solid tube is delicious in a certain way.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Shane67 wrote:Great write up! In practice, do the differences in size affect concealability at all? Or are they all so small that the practical differences are moot?
Yes. The one on the right is approx the dimensions of a CB6000S and I had to pay attention to keep it from showing. In particular with the lock on it. I wore it for one day last week and was really surprised at how much it showed if I wasn't careful. I still doubt anyone else would ever notice it though and they certainly wouldn't know what it was.

I don't have enough experience with the Pet Trap to say for sure but just this morning I was thinking that it might actually show less than when I am wearing nothing. It is very small and keeps me at my smallest all the time.

The small jailbird on the left is a little bigger than the Pet Trap but not by much. Now that I have converted it to use the screw I don't even think about whether it shows or not, it is very small and also keeps me at about my smallest size all the time. I love this one in particular, I think it is my favorite.

-A
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

neranden wrote:How do you like the pet trap compared to the jailbird? I'm really tempted by the jailbird, mostly since it's so popular around here, but the pet trap sounds like it might be more discreet. On the other hand, I think the Jailbird would be more comfortable. I'm used to a CB-3000, and I'm waffling between wanting something open and wanting something enclosed. I like the idea of being able to clean it with just a washcloth instead of needing a squirt bottle, but the complete "sensory deprivation" of a solid tube is delicious in a certain way.
I think you have all the main issues to consider figured out. For any given size the Pet Trap is going to be smaller than the jailbird, it is just more streamlined. I think this goes for the inside dimensions too though. Not that they are smaller but that there is less room for things to 'poke' through. If you have a looser fit I think this would not be an issue. I have a very snug fit on the smaller jailbird (which I like but probably isn't for everyone), the Pet Trap is actually bigger in all inside dimensions except length which is 1/4" shorter but it is even snugger than the jailbird. I did wear it again for a little while last weekend and I will say it is very comfortable. Really, really, comfortable. Amazing the difference during nocturnal erections (the only kind I have these days). It is really making me think about a solid tube design. I have to imagine they would even more comfortable. The Pet Trap will be harder to keep clean and will need some sort of squirt bottle or soaking or something.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I wanted to respond before I forgot but am in a bit of a rush. Please ask more questions if this doesn't make sense or fully answer what you were looking for.

-A
0 x
neranden

Post by neranden »

Atone wrote:I think you have all the main issues to consider figured out. For any given size the Pet Trap is going to be smaller than the jailbird, it is just more streamlined. I think this goes for the inside dimensions too though. Not that they are smaller but that there is less room for things to 'poke' through.
What does the Jailbird feel like when you get an erection in it? (Mostly, do you feel the individual bars with stuff poking through, or does it just feel snug along the whole length?)
Atone wrote:If you have a looser fit I think this would not be an issue. I have a very snug fit on the smaller jailbird (which I like but probably isn't for everyone), the Pet Trap is actually bigger in all inside dimensions except length which is 1/4" shorter but it is even snugger than the jailbird. I did wear it again for a little while last weekend and I will say it is very comfortable. Really, really, comfortable.
Yeah, I have heard snugger is better.
Atone wrote:Amazing the difference during nocturnal erections (the only kind I have these days). It is really making me think about a solid tube design. I have to imagine they would even more comfortable. The Pet Trap will be harder to keep clean and will need some sort of squirt bottle or soaking or something.
Is this compared to the Jailbird? (One of my major problems with the CB-3000 is that it pulls the ring too far forward and "chokes" my balls, so if a solid tube would be much better in that area, I'd consider it.)

I'm really tempted to go for the Jailbird because it's way easier to keep clean. (The CB-3000 has been an utter pain, and gets gross after barely half a day because it's so enclosed.) Basically, if I can shower easily with it, and I can sleep easily with it, I have no excuse to take it off ever. :)
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

neranden wrote: I'm really tempted to go for the Jailbird because it's way easier to keep clean. (The CB-3000 has been an utter pain, and gets gross after barely half a day because it's so enclosed.) Basically, if I can shower easily with it, and I can sleep easily with it, I have no excuse to take it off ever. :)
It's hard to describe what it feels like to get an erection in it. It just sort of clamps down on the penis and keeps anything from either growing or moving around. I can't say that I can feel any of the bars. Maybe one of the rings some times but even that is a very vague feeling. It is definitely very snug over the whole length and I think the bars and rings help keep it from 'sliding' at all as you get an erection.

I think there is a lot of varying opinions on snugger is better. Some times I think there may be a trade off on long term comfort. Personally I like the feeling that comes from the constant constriction (even if it is very slight). I also like to have my cock and balls paddled and flogged. It may not be for everyone :)

Yes, the Pet Trap is that much more comfortable during nocturnal erections than the little jailbird. And the little jailbird is much more comfortable than the larger jailbird. And the larger jailbird is much more comfortable than the CB3000 was. The funny thing is that I don't think I could have gone from one (the CB3000) to the other (Pet Trap) without the other steps in between.

I do not have a problem with the jailbirds pulling forward and 'choking' my balls. At least not very often like I did in the CB3000. It doesn't feel like the Pet Trap moves at all. I really think that having the 'head' end bigger than the opening contributes to that. I wanted to have a jailbird made that way but he couldn't do it unless the cage length was longer. I didn't want that.

For as much as it sounds like I should really love the Pet Trap I still haven't figured some things out yet so I am not wearing it full time (at least yet). The biggest issue is that the head of my penis wants to turn up a bit and the skin bunches up under that. There just isn't much room in there so it is hard to get everything back where it belongs. It almost would be better if the bottom half of the 'barred' opening was actually solid. Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to play with it. That and I don't really like 'playing' with these things, I much prefer to just be wearing them.

I guess I was lucky with my CB3000. I didn't have too much problem keeping it clean using a squirt bottle and was able to go more than a week at a time without taking it off. I didn't have trouble sleeping with it either. I almost bought a CB6000S to replace it and probably would have been happy with that for a long time if I hadn't been introduced to the Mature Metal site just before I ordered it.

I think for all around comfort and ease of cleaning I would go with a jailbird. There is almost no change in my normal (pre chastified) routine once I got used to it. I wash the same way as before, maybe taking and extra 30 seconds or so. I still pee standing up most of the time. I never slept all that great anyway so I don't think it is any different. The longest I have worn it without any removal whatsoever is 5 weeks. I could have gone longer but it was the first long term with that (rather small) device, or any device for that matter and I started to get nervous and wanted to make sure everything was 'OK'. Since then I have been out at least once a week to change rings, or devices or adjust something. I hope to put that behind me and get back in to a long uninterrupted lock up soon.

As before, ask more questions if any of this isn't clear.

-A
0 x