Modding a 6000

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Modding a 6000

Post by Tom Allen »

Has anybody tried both the 6000 and the 6000s? I know that one of the websites posts a length difference of about 5/8" or 3/4" - can you confirm this? And what have been the advantages of going to the s model?

Also... has anyone ever thought about an s version of the 3000?
0 x
Dev

Re: Modding a 6000

Post by Dev »

The 6000s is 2.5" long. I know that because I measured it. I don't have a 6000 to measure.

Even at 2.5", the 6000s was big on Ab. I think he would have been swimming in the 6000! LOL.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Dev wrote:The 6000s is 2.5" long. I know that because I measured it. I don't have a 6000 to measure.
Doh! I checked the Keptforher.com site.

3" Long (regular) and
2-1/2" long (Short)
Opening and shaft is oblong -
1-3/8" wide x 1-1/4" high

3" long
Opening and shaft are round -
1-3/8" inside diameter

Oddly, I don't "fit" as well into the 6k as I do into the 3k. So, since I don't wear it, I cut a 3/8" section out of the middle and glued it back together.

I also put a couple of acrylic "patches" on the stress points. One underneath the tube, straddling the seam (which cracked several times on me), and the others where the guide pins fit, because those areas always crack on my 3k. The acrylic across the flange also keeps the guide pins from pushing through, making it more like the 3k. I'm trying it out now, but I'm not sure if I like it. It needs a little more finish sanding and polishing, and since it's cold in the shop, I'm having to adjust it a bit.

I have a 2nd 3k that I use for experimental purposes, and I was thinking about doing the same thing with that, just to have something that creates less of a bulge in my jeans.
0 x
warwick

Post by warwick »

hi dev

i know what you mean. being about 1 1/4 '' long, the 6000s is kinda big on me also. i've talked to marie about mature metal and having a custom fit. rite now she is not sure about spending that much on chastity, even tho i said i have no problem purchasing one.

robby
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, it's not so much a matter of being big as it is the shape at the end. The more sloped 6k doesn't allow me to squeeze into the end, which makes it more difficult at a urinal. Also, my head doesn't seem to fit into the pocket the way it does in the 3k, with the result that I sometimes get out of position. I thought that by taking out a section in the middle, my wabbly bits would be forced to squish into the tip.

I fit comfortably into the 3k, but the tip sometimes creates just a little bulge in snug clothes, like jeans and exercise wear (I haven't tried bike shorts, but can imagine the outcome). I was thinking that a slightly shorter 3k might show up just a tad less, and since I fit comfortably anyway, it might not be as much of an adjustment to make.
0 x
wantshiny

Post by wantshiny »

Hi Tom,

After mine split, and I glued it back together, I put a cable tie around it which admittedly contributes to its ickyness but it gives a level of metal comfort, spiting in the dead of night is not fun. But the cable tie has been in place for a year and no more spiting...its only a small cable tie but they are strong, the head of the cable tie sits right next to the edge of the lock, where I have a little dab of sticky stuff to stop lock rattle.

Also use the KSD-G2 in the 6K which I find makes things swell up a bit and hold everything in place. On the contrary the 6K fit me a lot better than the 3K, but I did also have to modify the base ring, I tapered the exit edge right down as the 6K ring was too sharp and allowed me to reduce the spacers, the vent holes on the 3k were a pain, seal them and you have cleaning issues, I used to put a band aide over the vents but, that made it icky as well. The 6K vents are thin enough not to be a issue but still allow water flushing. Also after attacking the master lock (numerous ones after they rust inside) with the angle grinder to get rid of sharp edges.....I now have a avid hate for padlocks on a CB

I hope the jailbird when it arrives is as comfortable as the 6K is, plus all the benefits of the open cage in terms of cleanliness. All that said about the 6K, I would highly recommend anyone to start with a 3K or 6K and use it, modify it for a very good length of time for comfort, then when specifying a expensive metal device one has a much better idea and level of confidence about what to order, but even after years of wearing these different plastic devices, it was still very stressful specifying, and even now I am wondering if i ordered the right thing.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I wore my modded 6k for the day, and wasn't particularly impressed enough to wear it at night. I found it too difficult to maneuver it through the zipper on my jeans, although that could possibly have been a factor of the cold. I may try it again in warm weather to see if there's any difference.

Since I don't like the 6k cuff rings, it's already modified to use the hinged rings - which I've glued into a solid ring (I removed the hinge and smoothed out the bump in that area).

Everything stayed in place, though, so I'm keeping it as a backup in case something happens to the main 3k.
0 x
Harry Haversackers

Post by Harry Haversackers »

Tom,
For future reference, what kind of acrylic product did you use to reinforce the 3000?

Thanks,
Harry
0 x
Last orgasm - a few days ago
Next orgasm - maybe tonight...
Currently Wearing - the Jailbird is in my sock drawer.

Tits look best in a pink sweater - George Carlin
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Harry Haversackers wrote:Tom,
For future reference, what kind of acrylic product did you use to reinforce the 3000?
I actually just used sections of the packaging that certain manufacturing tools come in - hard, clear, acrylic covers like you would see on, oh, a lot of consumer packaging. The first thing that comes to mind is a case for tiny screws or a travel sewing kit. I cut out the rough shape with a coping saw (like a tiny hacksaw), then formed the shape (for the one on the bottom of the cage) using boiling water and a heat gun. Finally, a good superglue will do a better job of anchoring it to the cage than, say, epoxy.

It might take a few tries to get it right, but it makes a much stronger unit. Of course, then you can ask me why I'm not using a metal device, but apparently most of the metal users have to make a lot of adjustments, too.
0 x