Jailbird Tune Up question...

For the gearheads in the audience
jeffro

Jailbird Tune Up question...

Post by jeffro »

I've had my Mature Metal Jailbird now since November of 2010. It's so comfortable I forget I'm wearing it...It's such a cool piece of "jewelry" ...and my Wife loves it. My question is this. I bought mine with the standard 3/8 gap. I've worn it for over a year with no major night pains. Should I send it back for a "Tune Up" and have the gap shortened to 1/4"? It fit's good enough now but I think I could handle a tighter gap. Would it be worth sending it back to MM for that small an adjustment?
0 x
Atone
Re: Jailbird Tune Up question...

Post by Atone »

If you are this happy with it I wouldn't mess with it.

If you think a smaller gap would be better then I would get a new ring with the new gap and keep the one you have just the way it is so you could go back to it if the new one doesn't work out.
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

What Atone said.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
celticqueens_sub

Post by celticqueens_sub »

seconded. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I had a ring made with a 1/4" gap. I have tried wearing it about four times and I've given up. I used to wear the CB6000s with a KSD only for a spacer so I thought it would work. My sack started to get a dark color after about 20-30 minutes, enough where it concerned me. A 1/4" gap is small. I also hang low.

:idea:
If you can talk your KH into it, :P , ask to take your cage off. Slide your cage on the post until the normal holes line up. Mark the post where the tube of the cage ends. Take the cage off and measure back 1/8" on the post from the mark and make another mark. Slide the cage back on to the new mark. This is about how much gap you will have with a 1/4" gap. I think you'll be surprised how small the gap is, I know I was.

Then with your ring on you can slide the cage in place to the second mark. Don't be surprised if it takes a little more adjusting and pressure to make the extra 1/8".

I have no idea how you could secure the cage like this for a short time to test it. At least this would give you an idea if it would work before you spent your money.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
koc

Post by koc »

I ordered the 1/4" gap from MM, with the 3" cage.. fits me great. At first the gap was to tight, so what I did, was, I bent the rod a little towards up. What this did, it gave the bottom gap more distance for my balls to breath. now it fits be great, but I still ordered a new ring, 1 7/8" but this time I ask MM to weld me the rod on the top of the ring. This will lift the cage up about 3/8".. Cant wait to receive it and try it out. I want to go for long wear. :)
0 x
Gaining better control
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

When you turned the post up you changed the gap from a 1/4" to a wider gap. I would guess 3/8". When I Emailed MM about changing my gap in the 1/4" I had he told me he would bend it up a little to achieve a 3/8" gap.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
jeffro

Post by jeffro »

Thanks for all the advice. I also had MM move my post to the top when I first sent it back for my initial adjustments. I do have an extra ring that I could experiment with I suppose.
0 x