Cage Size Advice

For the gearheads in the audience
Velth
Cage Size Advice

Post by Velth »

I'm measuring up to buy my first steel device, likely a Jailbird, and I'm after some advice on sizing the cage length.

I've been taking measurements at various times for the last few days and found I average 2 3/4 inches with a minimum of 2 1/2 and a max of 3. I'm thinking either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" but not sure whether to err larger or smaller. I'd like my penis to look like it fits the cage and not like it's squashed in or too small.

Any advice from those who've had the experience of measuring for steel would be appreciated.
0 x
jeank

Re: Cage Size Advice

Post by jeank »

Err on the side of short rather than long. You will (suprisingly) adapt. 2 1/4 should not be an issue for you from what you say.
For an MM cage, you need the length on the underside from scrotum to tip.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Velth wrote:I'm measuring up to buy my first steel device, likely a Jailbird, and I'm after some advice on sizing the cage length.

I've been taking measurements at various times for the last few days and found I average 2 3/4 inches with a minimum of 2 1/2 and a max of 3. I'm thinking either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2" but not sure whether to err larger or smaller. I'd like my penis to look like it fits the cage and not like it's squashed in or too small.

Any advice from those who've had the experience of measuring for steel would be appreciated.
You have to allow some room for attempted erections. They will happen, nothing you can do about it. My recommendation is to order the length based on your average. That will probably allow you 1/4 in of extra room from time to time, but the longer you wear, you will probably find you fill it most of the time.

IMO, the most important measurement is the cage diameter. On that, I recommend finding the smallest sizing ring you can slide on to your flacid shaft with no wiggle room, then add 1/4 in to that measurement. This will allow room for attempted erections and also make cleaning without removal easier. However, make sure you can accomodate the smaller distance between the bottom of the cage and the bottom of the base ring you have chosen. This is what actually holds the device snugly in place. It's a little counterintuitive, but by buying a too small diameter cage, you can inadvertently end up with with a loose, ill fitting, device.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

When I ordered my device from MM I had a 5/8" difference over a week period. When I asked MM he said to go with the shortest. I have not regretted the fit.

Make sure when you measure you are not "shriveled".

I can tell you another thing about MM. If you have any questions contact him. I had many questions and he took the time to answer each one. Sometimes they would be answered in less than 15 minutes.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve