Slight Abrasion Issue with MM device....

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

Slight Abrasion Issue with MM device....

Post by wishful4 »

On removal of my MM Queen's Keep for inspection, my KH/spouse noticed some very slight abrasion/bruising on the sides of my ball sac at the 2-3 and 9-10 o'clock positions. I was surprised as I have not noticed any discomfort in that specific area. She directed that I stay unlocked for a day or two. The areas looked much improved yesterday and she said I would probably expect to be locked back up sometime today.

It was obviously done by the base ring when my sac puts pressure on it. It seems that if the area gets cool, my scrotum tries to recede into my body. When the base ring prevents this, the sac fills up with fluid in an attempt to regulate temperature, I suspect. The sac get very tight while still not giving up on pulling them back into my body. The result can be quite uncomfortable while it lasts. It only occurs in mid morning and lasts for about an hour and only while I'm standing. I can sit or lay down for a few minutes and relieve the discomfort. It doesn't happen any other time of day. Has anyone experienced same? Did you find a way to avoid this? I'm wondering if my 2 baby Aspirin per day regimen could play a part in the abrasion/bruising. Any thoughts on that?

I have been wearing for awhile, so I generally do not use lubricant anywhere. Every so often I may dab a little lotion on the very bottom of the scrotum near the base ring if I'm experiencing a little burn. That doesn't happen often. I find that the base ring seems to "grip" the scrotum better with no lubricant and is actually more comfortable. However, in light of the above issue, I'm wondering if a little lotion would be beneficial in the area of the abrasions.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
gungadn

Re: Slight Abrasion Issue with MM device....

Post by gungadn »

wishful4 wrote: I find that the base ring seems to "grip" the scrotum better with no lubricant and is actually more comfortable. However, in light of the above issue, I'm wondering if a little lotion would be beneficial in the area of the abrasions.
I totally agree that the base ring without lubricant is more comfortable. However, when I notice burning or chaffing starting, I use an A&D ointment. Brand name would be Desitin. It is for Diaper rash. It is oil based so provides a bit of relief from the friction while helping to speed up healing of any "hot spots".

Generally, any minor redness or abrasions are healed up while wearing the CD. So, no need to take it off.

That is what works best for me, your results can and probably will vary....
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Jnuts uses a drop of silicone lube for the same reason. Works great.
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I asked this in another post. Do you have the oval or round base ring? I have problems with the oval and the same sized round fits with no problem.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Locked by LRC wrote:I asked this in another post. Do you have the oval or round base ring? I have problems with the oval and the same sized round fits with no problem.
I have the oval ring. Not sure if the round ring would make a difference. The oval is barely noticable.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I was having such a problem that I couldn't wear my MM with the oval ring. After about 30 minutes my sack would start turning that bad shade of purple. I tried the next larger oval and the whole device just sagged down so bad it was uncomfortable.
I ordered a round ring the same size as the first oval and have a great fit and no color problems.
I agree, there isn't much visual difference, but wearing, there was a great change.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve