Jailbird, I think, but in the meantime?

For the gearheads in the audience
Harry Haversackers

Jailbird, I think, but in the meantime?

Post by Harry Haversackers »

Hello everyone,

I've been in my CB6Ks on and off for the past 8 months, and in the past 3 months have developed a problem. I find that I am unable to dry inside the cage sufficiently after a shower, to prevent an annoying rash from developing on my buddy, Mister Happy .

I've tried a number of methods, but since I fill the cage more or less completely, there isn't a lot of room for air circulation from a hair dryer or the like. I'm also using the KSD-G3 insert from Kept For Her, which makes drying difficult as well.

It's become somewhat of a chronic thing, so now, I remove the device each evening to shower and dry myself. My wife's preference, and mine too, would be to wear the device for much longer periods of time.

I'm of the opinion that an open design steel device like the Jailbird is the solution to the problem, as it will allow me to dry myself completely without removal, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions that might help me. I'd also appreciate hearing from anyone about alternatives to the Jailbird.

Thanks...
Harry
0 x
Last orgasm - a few days ago
Next orgasm - maybe tonight...
Currently Wearing - the Jailbird is in my sock drawer.

Tits look best in a pink sweater - George Carlin
Atone
Re: Jailbird, I think, but in the meantime?

Post by Atone »

Harry Haversackers wrote: My wife's preference, and mine too, would be to wear the device for much longer periods of time.
This is our preference as well.
Harry Haversackers wrote: I'm of the opinion that an open design steel device like the Jailbird is the solution to the problem,
I think the jailbird is a great design for long term hygiene without removal. The longest I wore mine without removal was about 5 weeks and the reason I took it off then was just to make sure that all my mechanics were still working properly. There were no hygiene issues at all.

I am in a steelheart now and don't plan to ever go back to the jailbirds. It is definitely a bit more work to keep clean but it can be done. It would have the same issue with drying, maybe even more so. I just use a couple of q-tips in the end after a shower and haven't had any issues. So far the longest I think I have gone without removal is only about 2 weeks though. Lately that seems to be about as long as my wife wants to go without a little play time for her (no cumming for me though).

-A
0 x
Harry Haversackers

Post by Harry Haversackers »

Hi, Atone,

Can you tell me why you prefer the Steelheart. In terms of hygiene, it seems to me that it would be even more difficult to dry oneself than it the CB6K, and certainly miles apart from the Jailbird. What's the attraction?

Thanks,
Harry
0 x
Last orgasm - a few days ago
Next orgasm - maybe tonight...
Currently Wearing - the Jailbird is in my sock drawer.

Tits look best in a pink sweater - George Carlin
Atone

Post by Atone »

Harry Haversackers wrote:Hi, Atone,

Can you tell me why you prefer the Steelheart. In terms of hygiene, it seems to me that it would be even more difficult to dry oneself than it the CB6K, and certainly miles apart from the Jailbird. What's the attraction?

Thanks,
Harry
Don't get me wrong, I liked my Jailbird a lot. In terms of hygiene it is probably about as easy a device to keep clean as any. The end is fairly open so you can urinate without making a mess. The whole cage is open making it very easy to clean. There were only two areas that needed special attention. The first is the excess skin that gets scrunched up along the bottom of the shaft. It is a little more difficult to get in there and the folds of skin are harder to get clean. I never found it to be much of a problem, I just sprayed with the shower wand after soaping up real good. The other is where the bars in the front cross each other you can get a little build up of "gunk" after a while. It actually looked almost like hard water deposits to me. I would just use a craft pipe cleaner (the soft kind) and work it back and forth when necessary.

So, why do I prefer the Steelheart. Several reasons actually.

- I really like the fit and finish much better. The Jailbird was good, the Steelheart is great.

- The integrated lock is much more streamlined and it is a real lock. Big mental difference for me.

- The fully enclosed tube. In my Jailbird it was always my cock in a cage. With the Steelheart the tube becomes a
replacement for my cock. I cannot see it. I cannot feel it. My wife and I like the additional lack of contact that it provides.

- It is really sexy looking. Obviously my opinion only but I just love the way it looks.

- It is extremely discrete under clothing. The smooth lines just blend in if they are visible at all.

- It is extremely compact. My Steelheart is slightly larger in inside diameter and the same length as my favorite Jailbird. Even so it is smaller while being worn. I panicked a little the first time I saw it thinking I really screwed up on the size. Fit the same as the Jailbird it was replacing.

- It is very comfortable. I find the larger diameter rod (8mm) that the base ring is made out of is more comfortable than the 1/4" (approx 6mm) rod of the Jailbird. I also find the smooth tube to just feel better than both the CB3000 and the Jailbird.

- There are no extra places for skin to poke out or get pinched. The only place I ever have a problem with the Steelheart is occasionally the pee hole. This is rather rare but occasionally everything gets bunched up in the end a little. It has always been manageable by being careful until I can get to a bathroom. I usually fix it with a qtip but in a pinch (ha, no pun intended) I can usually use a bit of TP rolled up and a little pushing and pulling.

- I love when I reach down and feel my new steel cock. This is especially nice when I am drifting off to sleep. I don't think this can really be explained, only experienced.

Now for the not so good

- yes, it takes more effort to get clean in the shower. I use a lab bottle and anti-bacterial body wash. I can foam it up real good in the tube, let it soak, and then wash it out. Thumper has a video of how he does it, I do basically the same thing.

- It is is difficult to get dry inside the tube. I use two q-tips after my shower to get as much extra water out as possible. I haven't had any of the problems that you describe but can see how it could be an issue. I know my CB3000 would fog up on the inside. With the Steelheart I have no way to know if it does or not because I cannot see it.

- urinating is a very different experience. As long as I go slow everything just drains out at the same rate I am peeing. It doesn't stream like when uncaged, instead it just goes basically straight down. I can still use a urinal or behind a bush when necessary. I try to make sure I have a napkin or paper towel so I can wipe the end when I am done and push a corner in the hole to soak up any extra urine. This can be done very discretely even at a urinal once you have practiced it a few times. I just toss the napkin on the way to the sink. At the end of the day it is good to rinse with the wash bottle and some warm water. Again Thumper has a video on this I think. He does it at the bathroom sink. My wife would kill me if I tried that so I just do it sitting over the toilet. I don't always do this, depends on how I feel at the end of the day.

- occasionally I do get a bit of skin poking out the hole at the end. I can usually use a couple of q-tips and get everything moved around. It can be challenging because the hole is small and hard to see inside. Even when you can see what is inside it is hard to tell what is going on, all the bits of skin look the same so it can take some fidgetting to get things back the way they should be. This happens less the more I wear it as I have figured out the little tricks that work for me.

Now that I have figured out the little tricks I think it is actually easier to clean than my CB3000 is. Only having one small hole in the end allows you to pressure wash the inside with the wash bottle, I can force soapy water all the way up the tube and out the top, usually all the way around. There was no way to do that with the CB3000 because you cannot create a seal at the end.

I think if Dietmar made a cage that was like the Jairbird it would be a great product, unfortunately his cage like device doesn't have the advantage of the more open end of the Jailbird. Before I ordered my Steelheart I ordered a locking cockring with integrated lock from him with the intention of welding on one of my Jailbird cages to his locking rings. I even spent a lot of time practicing welding stainless steel in preparation. I have a bunch of partially fabricated stainless steel cages laying around on my workbench (there is no way I could make a cage like the Jailbird, I just wanted to practice on something less expensive than the one I intended to use). While I was waiting for him to ship the locking cockring I decided to have him add the steelheart to it just for fun. I am glad that I did and I never did hack my Jailbird cage to it.

I seem to have rambled on again, sorry about that. Feel free to ask clarifying questions about any of this.

-A
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Atone wrote: So, why do I prefer the Steelheart. Several reasons actually.
Fantastic review, A. Very detailed, and well explained. You've *almost* talked me into wanting one, now :-)
0 x
Belle

Post by Belle »

Tom Allen wrote:
Atone wrote: So, why do I prefer the Steelheart. Several reasons actually.
Fantastic review, A. Very detailed, and well explained. You've *almost* talked me into wanting one, now :-)
I have to agree. We have been debating between the Pet Trap from MM and the Steelheart. Things are more complicated for me nowc :)
0 x
~Belle
Jnuts wife & keyholder
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com/
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Oh are they?
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
Atone

Post by Atone »

Belle wrote:We have been debating between the Pet Trap from MM and the Steelheart.
sorry to hijack this thread even more but I had (since modified) a Pet Trap and there is one thing about it that I could never get worked out even after having it modified. You can see it here http://atone44.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/pet-trap/

The problem for me was the way the "tube" made an almost 90 degree bend where the two bands come together. It was rather comfortable and extremely compact in part because of this part of the design. The problem was that there just wasn't enough room along the bottom for all the loose skin when you are flaccid.

Additionally when I did attempt to become erect my penis wanted to be straight, not bent at 90 degrees. Now this is a problem with any device that has a curve or even a downward angle but it is more extreme on the Pet Trap. This would cause the head, or meatus, to end up at the top of the bars rather than in the middle of the opening. This caused two problems. First, it interfered with urinating because things didn't line up. Second, all that loose skin I was complaining about now had some where to go, the bottom of the caged opening. It was very hard to get everything re-situated and the before I knew it everything would shift back.

-A
0 x