Steelworxx Steelheart Questions

For the gearheads in the audience
danj
24 Hours in my Steelheart

Post by danj »

It seems that there has been quite a lot of interest in the Steelworxx Steelheart in recent weeks here on the Forum. So, I thought I'd post some feedback as the proud new owner of a Steelheart device. :D

The device, two base rings, and keys were in a nice drawstring bag with the Steelworxx name embroidered on the outside. I was immediately impressed with the device. Very, very solid. The steel tube was heavier and thicker (in a good way) than I expected. I mean, the tube steel seems heavy enough to be bullet proof! The craftsmanship also looked top notch. The welds were smooth at the "comfort ring", as well as at the integrated lock. I ordered two rings, and both were nice and smooth. After a thorough wash, I tried it on starting with the larger 43mm ring. The lock inserted smoothly, and easily locked. I could immediately tell that this was going to be a very comfortable device. It felt good hanging from my cock. Very good. Even though it does weigh more than my cb-6000s, it doesn't feel too weighty.

After a couple of hours, I thought that maybe the smaller ring (42mm), might be a slightly better fit, so I removed the tube and swapped rings. After a few hours in the 42mm ring, I do think that it is a better fit right now. It's already pretty cool in New England, so I'm not surprised that the smaller ring felt better. By next summer, I may want to use the 43mm ring. We'll see. I did notice that the integrated lock doesn't go in and out as smoothly on my 42mm ring. I need to move the tube around a little bit to get the lock to slide all the way in. I tried it a few times, and it works, just not as smooth as with the 43mm ring.

My wife thought about letting me out last night, but I asked if I could stay in, which she agreed. I was also allowed to give her a very explosive orgasm with my tongue while safely locked away. :D As you might expect, that brought on my first hard-on in the Steelheart. No problems at all, and more comfortable than the cb-6000s. And while I still woke up, twice I think, with nocturnal erections they were very manageable. More comfortable than those in my cb-6000s, which were still not a big deal.

I showered in the device this morning, and used the same techniques that Thumper demonstrated in his video, and seemed to work well. I've remain locked, and am truly impressed. Virtually no pinching, even when squatting to pick something off the floor. As comfortable as my cb-6000s is, this is far better. I'm only 24 hours in, but I couldn't be any happier.

I'll talk more about things like urination and daily wear feedback soon.
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
danj
30+ hours in my Steelheart...uh oh...a hot spot!

Post by danj »

I guess things were going too well. Go figure!? I'm super comfortable in the Steelheart and I start to notice what I first thought was a pinching feeling around the head of my cock. Of course, I can't see it, so wasn't sure what was going on. Now, I'm not into pain, so I decide to take a look right away. At that point, I'd been in the device for about 30 or so hours and in total comfort.

When I removed the tube, I immediately saw redness on the top right of my penis head (about the size of a dime). It also hurt when touched. A definite "hot spot". Everywhere else looked and felt fine. I'm not sure why? Maybe a bit of urine between my cock and the tube irritated the head? The tube feels smooth inside, though it also seems just the slightest bit raised around that point. By that I mean you can feel a slight bump in the metal, but that seems to be on both sides of the tube about 1/2" from end. I tend to doubt that is the problem, as the area is still quite smooth.

So, I removed the device and based on some other threads, I applied a little hydrocortisone cream on the irritated part of my penis. As of now (about 14-15 hours out of the device), the irritation has subsided, but is still a little red. I'm hoping it feels 100% by tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what to do other than go back in and see what happens. I never had any redness on my cock in the cb, though I was able to pee without much urine remaining in the tube, if that is what is causing the issue.

Any comments/advice? Anyone experience similar issues wearing an enclosed device like the Steelheart? :?:
0 x
-Dan

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Atone
Re: Steelworxx Steelheart Questions

Post by Atone »

No similar experience but it think you are taking the right approach. Let it heal completely and then go back in. It could just be a new point of contact in an area that isn't used to it. I don't think I would do anything different when you go back in other than try to keep it real clean for a while. If it happens again, after letting it heal, maybe try putting a little hand lotion (I would use Cetaphil) on a q-tip and keep it well lubed / moisturized for a while.

I personally love the lack of contact, both visual and physical that the full tube gives me but it can make it challenging to know what is going on inside the tube.

-A
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

Atone,

Thanks. I'll probably try the lotion, too. I was feeling the inside of the tube and on further inspection I do think the right side of the tube near the end does have a bit of a raised area, like a "bump", more than the left side. It looks like the tube is constructed of two pieces and the "bump" is at/near that seam that sort of follows where the corona of the penis would sit in the tube. There just might be more steel there to rub against my head. It is smooth, but may be pushing enough into that side of the penis head to cause a problem. I hope to go back in tomorrow and see what happens. Guess time will tell.
0 x
-Dan

danj

Post by danj »

There were a few additional questions posted in other Steelheart threads about hygiene and urination. I thought I'd provide some additional feedback on those topics after more wear of my new Steelheart.

While it has taken some time to get used to it, urinating in the tube is not a big deal. If you pee quickly you do feel more warmth as it begins to fill the tube before it all drains out. I try to pee in a more gradual stream so the tube doesn't fill as quickly. It usually drains easily, though if I wake with a nocturnal erection, sometimes the hole is blocked by my hard cock, and I need to shake the tube a bit to open up the hole and start draining. Not a big deal. I still prefer to urinate while sitting. Just much less chance of peeing on my pants.

Hygiene has been fairly easy, too. I follow Thumpers cleaning video (on his blog), which is working well. I also rinse with warm water in the evening to help stay fresh and flush out any urine. So do I have any regrets not buying an open cage design? No, I'm really liking the SH, and love the lack of access. Great device.
0 x
-Dan

Atone

Post by Atone »

danj wrote:I also rinse with warm water in the evening to help stay fresh and flush out any urine.
I started rinsing with cooler water, whatever comes out of the tap before it runs too long. I got frustrated with the fact that the warm water would also make me have to pee again right as I was finished cleaning up :) I think the cooler water cleans just as well and avoids that problem for me.

-A
0 x
ptharv

Post by ptharv »

Just a note on my experiece. Almost been locked since my steelheart arrived the end of september. i think i must have been one of his first orders after he returned from vacation. I found the key and had some fun shortly after being locked. Now with a combination of weight goals and penelties i wont be let out till first saturday of february! After experiences with a few ebay devices over the previous months i ordered the steeheart with length 85mm, diameter 35mm, and ring size of 38mm. It is totally comfortable. Also have the pa fixing. The ring size may sound small, but originally i was in much larger size for the cb6000. Over time by body seemed to change and was able to get into a much smaller ring. It was.not real easy getting into the 38mm ring of the steelheart, but i don't bother or need to remove it. The tube is filled with pretty much no expansion room. Between my daily washings i rinse out using a diluted adult toy cleaner. Seems to be working very well. I have ordered the penis plug so i hopefully can even stop the rinsing. The wife likes the steel look and the total enclosure is very frustrating. After i found the key, ordered a lockbox with a combination that is mounted to closet wall. It is absolutely impossible to get it off withou the key.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.
poor

Post by poor »

I'm awaiting delivery of a Steelheart with exactly the same dimensions. I hope my physiology allows the same result!
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another