Steelworxx Steelheart Questions

For the gearheads in the audience
gungadn

Re: Steelworxx Steelheart Questions

Post by gungadn »

Diff between 1 and 2... I assume your talking about the pictures? Just taken at different angles.

The comfort ring should be standard. Well worth the extra.
I dont have the anatomic base. So, cant help with that one. But, I have heard very mixed reviews.

GungaDN
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
danj

Post by danj »

If you mean the Steelheart vs. Steelheart 2, the first is fully enclosed except the pee hole at the bottom of the tube. The Steelheart 2 has some vents in the tube. Take a look at the website for more info: steelworxx.de
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Atone

Post by Atone »

gungadn wrote: The comfort ring should be standard. Well worth the extra.
What did you find to be the difference between having it and not having it?

I don't have the comfort ring, somehow forgot to order it. I don't find it to be uncomfortable in any way that the comfort ring would seem to help.

I have heard at least two people have problems with the weld on the comfort ring actually causing a problem until it was smoothed out.

-A
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

poor wrote:What is the difference between the 1&2?

Is either the comfort ring and anatomic base worth the extra €?
The "2" model has vents around the tip. It looks like it would actually be harder to clean but I don't have any experience with it.

I have both a standard and anatomical ring for my steelheart. They are the same size. I don't like the anatomical ring. I don't find it to be any more comfortable and the increased gap actually causes discomfort where it tends to squeeze my testicles rather than trap them.

I have a new steelheart on order that will have the comfort ring. It is a little larger to accommodate the fixing I wanted but pretty close in size to my current tube. It should be close enough to get a good idea of the difference it makes. I will provide an update after I have had a chance to try it out.

-A
0 x
poor

Post by poor »

Thanks guys. It was the differences between the Model 1 and 2 I was after. I've been 'advised' that my current homemade device is "ugly and unhygienic" and loathed as I am to part with £250 to replace it with something that will do the job no better, it's 'an offer I can't refuse'.

I fancy a Steelheart with an integrated lock as I love the total enclosure of my device.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Atone

Post by Atone »

What makes it unhygienic? Or ugly for that matter.

Can you post a picture of it?

I don't know that we can make it un-ugly but we might be able to make suggestions for keeping it a bit more hygienic.

-A
0 x
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Ok, Steelheart vs Steelheart 2. Get the Steelheart (model 1). My wife liked the looks of the 2 better. And, it seemed the extra vents would make it easier to clean. But, it is quite the opposite. I would definitely go back and trade it for a 1 if I had the options.

I didn't get the integrated lock as I like to be able to change out the locks. Example, I have one for the "off" times when I am adjusting and testing things that I have the key to. Then, there is the lock only she has the key to... And then, for traveling, I can lock it on with a numbered lock (after going through security). etc... But, everyone is different and there are days I wish I had the integrated lock as it is much more streamlined.

Hope all this helps.
GungaDN
0 x
GungaDN

gungadn

Post by gungadn »

Atone wrote:
gungadn wrote: The comfort ring should be standard. Well worth the extra.
What did you find to be the difference between having it and not having it?

I don't have the comfort ring, somehow forgot to order it. I don't find it to be uncomfortable in any way that the comfort ring would seem to help.

I have heard at least two people have problems with the weld on the comfort ring actually causing a problem until it was smoothed out.

-A
I have not had the Steelheart without the ring. So, I guess I cannot draw a direct comparison. but, in the CB3K and the CB6K, the sharp edge of the bottom of the tube was always a trouble spot rubbing sores right where the penis connects to the scrotum. I have not had that issue with the Steelheart and have always contributed it to the nice smooth ring around the end of the tube. And, either I just got lucky, or Detmeir has improved his technique based on feedback, as I have not had any issues with the weld.

GungaDN
0 x
GungaDN

Atone

Post by Atone »

gungadn wrote:Ok, Steelheart vs Steelheart 2. Get the Steelheart (model 1). My wife liked the looks of the 2 better. And, it seemed the extra vents would make it easier to clean. But, it is quite the opposite. I would definitely go back and trade it for a 1 if I had the options.
I suspected that might be the case, thanks for the real world feedback.

-A
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

gungadn wrote: but, in the CB3K and the CB6K, the sharp edge of the bottom of the tube was always a trouble spot rubbing sores right where the penis connects to the scrotum.
I haven't had a problem there with the Steelheart without the comfort ring but I didn't have a problem on the CB3000 either so I might not be able to notice a difference.

-A
0 x