Jail Bird chafing underside of base of cock

For the gearheads in the audience
neranden

Jail Bird chafing underside of base of cock

Post by neranden »

Hi guys,

I've got a Jail Bird, and I absolutely love it, but after 4-5 days of wearing it, I'll start feeling a stinging on the underside of the base of my cock, and when I take it off, I'll find a small spot where the base of the cage has rubbed it raw. Any ideas for what could be wrong? I emailed MM and they suggested perhaps the gap is too narrow (since I do get chafing/burning there as well) or the cage is too long (so the cock has room to wiggle back and forth and chafe itself). Other potential issues are that the skin that far in is staying too moist and it's just skin breakdown.

Any other ideas? Has anyone else had a similar problem?
0 x
Linus

Re: Jail Bird chafing underside of base of cock

Post by Linus »

If you have recently bought it, then it might take a few days to get used to the new cage. All you can do is apply some lube twice a day & avoid keeping that part of skin dry. I also had this problem with my cage, however gradually my junk got adjusted. Locking the cage 24x7 is the best solution for all similar problems.
0 x
Stay chaste. Make your wife & life happy. Forever.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I had something similar and it was the gap. It was just a bit too tight. I ended up tweaking it myself and it hasn’t been a problem since.

I also put a dab of lotion there twice a day along with the base ring. Eliminated any soreness all together for weeks at a time.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Yes I've had the exact same problem with my QK. Was discussing the problem with MM. Possible that the cage ID is too small. I've solved the problem with a wider gap going from 3/8" to 11/16" which is too much for my liking but I can now wear it long term.

I've actually ordered a JB because of this problem. The base of the QK is thinner than the JB which has a ring at the base. I am/was hoping the ring at the base with a 1/8" rounded edge would be more forgiving so that I can go back to a smaller gap but your experience is giving me second thoughts.

Maybe I should change my order to a slightly wider cage ID on the cage ring.

Hmm.
0 x
RegularJoe

Post by RegularJoe »

You might also closely examine and feel the inner ring surface to see if there's a slight burr that wasn't polished absolutely smooth. MM does a superb finishing job, but it's one possibility.

Another thing to consider is that a minor skin infection sets in, aided by constant dampness and pressure point irritation. Washing your package with Hibiclens (an OTC antibacterial soap) during your daily shower will significantly reduce bacteria count between showers.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.