Steelheart 29mm tube

For the gearheads in the audience
Atone
Steelheart 29mm tube

Post by Atone »

I am thinking up "upgrading" to a 29mm tube from the 32mm tube I am in now. My 32mm tube is pretty snug all the time but I have been thinking about this a lot lately and really want to try it out. I am going to send one of my tubes back to get a smaller (38mm) base ring made for it so I can try that with my 32mm tube that I am in now (not sending that back because I don't want to be without it that long) and will probably order a 29mm tube at the same time.

Anyone here have a 29mm tube? How is it working out? Did you freak out when you saw how small it was :D

thanks.
0 x
poor

Re: Steelheart 29mm tube

Post by poor »

I could get in it with some of the tricks I've learnt over the years but whether I could healthily wear it for any length of time as there would be no room for casual movement and I doubt I could flush it through in the shower.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Atone

Post by Atone »

Sounds like you experienced what I am also anticipating. I can flush in the 32mm tube but just barely, it takes a little work. I can flow water through it fine though when I take the shower head off completely and have a solid stream. I suspect that the 29mm tube would be pretty difficult. I should just go ahead and order it, I know from past experience I'm going to eventually :) may as well get the ball rolling. Since I want it fitted to rings I already have I need to send one back so it is going to take a while. Last time was about 2 1/2 months round trip. If I figure out exactly what I want to order in the next 2 weeks or so that would get it back just in time for my birthday. Happy Birthday to me :lol: :lol:
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Atone wrote: I should just go ahead and order it, I know from past experience I'm going to eventually :) may as well get the ball rolling.
Atone,

I'm wondering why you want to do this. I understand the need to go as small as possible. I think about it too, but common sense usually prevails plus my spouse won't let me spend the money unless I can justify. It's fairly obvious you aren't going to be able to maintain hygiene in this small tube which means you won't be able to stay locked long term. Just curious why you feel led to do this?? :?:
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Atone

Post by Atone »

wishful4 wrote:Just curious why you feel led to do this?? :?:
A couple of reasons.

One is that the only way to know how small I can go is to go a little beyond that and have it not work. If I don't try it I will always wonder if I could go a little smaller. I have progressed down through a lot of devices each time thinking I was hitting my limit. They have (generally) become more comfortable as I go.

Another is that even if it doesn't work for long term wear it might work for shorter times. There are times where I like to wear clothes that are rather revealing and a smaller device would show less or not at all.

Another is I am working on an idea that eliminates the integrated lock. Well, it doesn't really eliminate it but it drastically changes the design of it and location. The design doesn't allow any interchangeability and any change would require a whole new device. Some day I am going to have it made but I really only want to do it once because it will be expensive. This kind of ties in with the previous reason as it eliminates the bump from the integrated lock that shows through very tight clothing.

There are probably a couple more but they don't come to mind right now.
It's fairly obvious you aren't going to be able to maintain hygiene in this small tube which means you won't be able to stay locked long term.
I'm not 100% sure on this. So far I have always figured out a way to keep clean. The fleshy bits seem to have a way of conforming to whatever device they get put in. When I first got my 32mm tube I didn't think I would ever be able to even wear it, let alone wear it long term. It was truly a sinking feeling when I opened the box. It is now my most comfortable device and I typically go 45+ days at a stretch, often longer. So far the longest has been 88 days. Even that came to an end because my wife wanted me inside her, no other reason.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Well for me upgrading to a 29mm tube is a no-brainer. I can have a full orgasm in the 32mm tube, which is snug, but perfectly wearable for 24/7 use. No problems, oedema, circulation or otherwise. Overnight O-ring tests (buy o-rings of various sizes at hardware store; find smallest that can be worn for a few hours without problems, then try overnight) showed the smallest I can wear without problems is about 1-1/8", which is pretty close to 29mm. So I've got a 29mm on order, and have also downsized the base ring.

It should be arriving soon.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

hot_toddy_dog wrote:....the smallest I can wear without problems is about 1-1/8", which is pretty close to 29mm. So I've got a 29mm on order, and have also downsized the base ring.

It should be arriving soon.
I look forward to hearing about it once you get it. I have a 29mm penis ring on my locking cockring from steelworxx. I have worn that for several weeks at a time in the past, I had forgotten about that. I also wore a Jailbird for around 9 months that was 1 1/8" diameter. The Jailbird had a little extra room though since it wasn't a solid design. This is affirming my idea that I could go smaller because I have :) I hadn't really thought about it though. Thanks for pointing that out.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Atone wrote:
It's fairly obvious you aren't going to be able to maintain hygiene in this small tube which means you won't be able to stay locked long term.
I'm not 100% sure on this. So far I have always figured out a way to keep clean. The fleshy bits seem to have a way of conforming to whatever device they get put in. When I first got my 32mm tube I didn't think I would ever be able to even wear it, let alone wear it long term. It was truly a sinking feeling when I opened the box. It is now my most comfortable device and I typically go 45+ days at a stretch, often longer. So far the longest has been 88 days. Even that came to an end because my wife wanted me inside her, no other reason.
I think I would start having hygiene issues with the 32mm tube. After some skin problems, and the fact that I manage my own key, I now take off the device once a day, every day, for my shower. So I'll be using the same routine for the 29mm.

One thing I do recommend is getting the opening at the end of the tube larger. This will allow you to void more urine without having it get trapped in some awkward way in the tube, which was a problem I had with the smaller opening. It also lets you use the stocking trick to get in, which I will be needing for sure with a 29mm tube. Dietmar did this for me free of charge.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

hot_toddy_dog wrote: One thing I do recommend is getting the opening at the end of the tube larger.
Thanks guys, this is all good stuff. I don't think I will go any larger on the opening as I don't have any trouble with the one I have now. Good point on the smaller holes not allowing you to use the stocking method. I haven't needed to do that in a long time but might with a tube that small. I think I would be more concerned about trapping urine with the smaller holes. I will have to think about that for a while. The idea of even less exposure is appealing but might not work.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

The problem I had with the small hole is the it is difficult to get the urethra to line up perfectly. More so in a small device where it is not possible to easily manipulate the head into place. So I always ended up having some amount of urine directed into the device, which would sneak into place behind the corona and pool up. Cleaning this up meant q-tips and manipulations, and sometimes even then it would not be completely gone; it seems only flowing urine is easy to void, moisture in the tube is not. With the larger (1cm) hole, there is no problem, even with a fairly off center urethral placement, all of the urine is directed out the opening and doesn't have a chance to sneak up the tube.
0 x