Loving BDSM

Living the real life under lock and key
Kiki

Re: Loving BDSM

Post by Kiki »

Sensuous Magic is OOP?! Sadness! Let me see if there is another title I can suggest. I know there are books out there. I will look into it. That's too bad though because that one is my favorite beginners' guide.

How and when did I figure out I could order what I wanted if I was in charge: It was fairly early on. I was desperate; he'd been pushing and pushing (not very submissive, hmm?) for me to play this way without giving me anything to go on. All he would say was, "whatever you want, Mistress" "whatever you want, Goddess" etc. But, it wasn't really whatever I wanted, at all. I'd have been perfectly happy just fucking without all the folderol!

But I was game to see if I could figure it out. Somehow, a lightbulb went on :shock: and I simply ordered him to tell me. I'm in charge, right? :twisted:

Getting creative with it can be so much fun, once you get going. I also would often have him do little nonsexual service type things like make me tea and serve it to me in bed, or brush my hair for me, to get him out of the headspace of it being about him (push push push) and into a more submissive headspace of serving me. Sexy stuff he got to do later was a reward for that good behavior. Bad behavior was punished by banishing or ignoring - sensation of any kind always only as a reward. Think of it like training a dog. ;-) You reward the behaviors you want to see more, and do not reward bad behavior with attention of any sort.

~Kiki
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

There are a few used copies of Sensuous Magic available at Amazon. I just ordered one for us. Thanks for the recommendation, Kiki.

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Kiki

Post by Kiki »

Looks like it is also available on the kindle!

Also I see I missed the comment about being asked "why...?"

Of course I can't answer for you, but would something simple, like, "I think it would feel good" or "I think it would be fun to try" be a good answer?
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

There's a Kindle version? I don't see the link. Can you post here? Thanks!

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Atone

Post by Atone »

Dev wrote:There's a Kindle version? I don't see the link. Can you post here? Thanks!

D
Amazing how much easier it is to find something when you know it is there.

try this link

http://www.amazon.com/Sensuous-Magic-Ad ... B001F0PYJ6

If you just search for sensuous magic the book shows up (out of print) and it says there is not a kindle version.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

Thanks, Atone.

It appears that part of the problem is that the first edition was written by Patricia, while the second edition was written by Patrick (same person). So that can screw up the searching.

I just had a sample of the second edition sent to my Kindle. The actual cost for the book (samples are free) is $9.99 and the used book I bought, with shipping, cost $8.17! LOL. Maybe I'll do another giveaway on the blog.

Either way, I am looking forward to reading this.

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Atone

Post by Atone »

I couldn't find the kindle version when I looked yesterday. For that matter I didn't find it when I searched amazon today either. It came right up though when I searched on google for "sensuous magic kindle", strange the same search in amazon didn't find it.

Anyway, I downloaded the Kindle version. There is a lot there that I don't think I will find too interesting but a couple of chapters look really useful.

-A
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

Sort of an aside but for anyone who doesn't know...

You don't have to have a Kindle to read Kindle books. There is a free Kindle app that you can download to your PC, iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Mac, or Windows 7 phone. Go to this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y2 ... =sv_kinc_0

and scroll way down to see the links for downloading the various apps. Just a FYI, I don't have any commercial affiliation with Amazon and all the usual disclaimers.

D
0 x
Dev's Gallery
Kiki

Post by Kiki »

I'd love to hear opinions on the Sensuous Magic book, or anything I've written here!

xo,

~Kiki
0 x
kpb57

Post by kpb57 »

You finally gave me a handle at what we (meaning my wife and me, but possibly most of the people here) are doing.

While all former "scenes" (our bondage and SM games) have been limited in time and space to a few hours and the bedroom (or the house), MC is like a scene extended from there into "normal life".

I am wearing the device, she is wearing the key all the time we are apart, making it a reminder of what uniquely special has developed between the two of us over the course of a couple of months.

And yes, all the other things that applied to doing a scene (consent, safety) apply here also. We either set the guidelines before the "scene" by talking about the ideas and preferences we have or by slowly expanding from where we already felt safe and "at home".

Thanks for the information from one who is more a "professional" at this than we are.
0 x
Currently using: Steelworxx Looker 2
Owns: CB6000, Bon4, Sentinel (Copy), Birdcage (Copy), Lovejail, Gerecke Desire (Titanium)