AliExpress question…

Living the real life under lock and key
spin418

AliExpress question…

Post by spin418 »

I’m wondering if anyone has advice or opinion on method of payment with AliExpress. I very much want to order a few devices and accessories from there but I’m concerned about payment….specifically the security/safety of using a Visa debit (or credit) card versus PayPal. AFAIK those are the options available. Anything else on the relative pros and cons would be great too. Wld appreciate anything people with experience can offer.

Thanks.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: AliExpress question…

Post by Tom Allen »

I have a credit card that I only use for small purchases. It's not a debit card, and not connected to any bank account. This way I can use it for ebay, aliexpress, or any of the odd online purchases I make, and I don't worry about having some security breach. I order something , make the payment, and it sits dormant until the next time.
1 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

I’ve never had a problem with Aliexpress and I’ve bought a LOT through them (mainly car “pimping” bits) up to a couple of hundred dollars value. Freight can be slow out of China but that’s an issue everywhere. I’ve had several refunds and they’ve all been handled direct by Aliexpress without issue. Basically from what I gather they hold the money until you’re happy with delivery so the “dealer” you’re buying from can try and stop a refund but if you have a good reason they’ll be overridden every time (in my experience).

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

It should be said that debit cards should never be used for online purchases and never ever used for international purchases since any fraud comes out of your bank account and protections may not be as strong from your bank.

I haven't bought much from AliExpress but I like Paypal for that scenario because then you have both Paypal and credit card company to stand between you and any unauthorized behavior.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123