How to stop chafing and raw skin

Living the real life under lock and key
realme1976
Last orgasm: June 24th, 2022
Orgasms this year: 2
How to stop chafing and raw skin

Post by realme1976 »

I wear a Holy Trainer nub, 45mm ring. I have found that periodically I must remove it because the skin below my scrotum where the ring meets the balls gets red and raw. Does anyone have any suggestions about a salve or ointment or lotion that I can apply to reduce the redness and increase my long-term wear? It usually happens after about two weeks, then at least three days' removal to heal. Have tried a 40mm ring and it's too small. Really cuts into the goals of long-term chastity. Thanks.
0 x
Mr Pickle
Re: How to stop chafing and raw skin

Post by Mr Pickle »

It might be sweating or trapped moisture rather than friction. Either way a decent barrier cream should help.
Personally I use sudocrem because we always have it in the house since the kids were baby's. it's good for nappy (diaper) rash.
This is rarely needed to be honest. Usually in summer if I sweat a lot
0 x
Me. "I only got 30 seconds, that's not fair". C. "life's not fair, suck it up" :(
slave d

Post by slave d »

I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion morning and evening. By the way I’m just trialing an HT5 nub 40mm and love tue press button lock. May not be as secure I don’t know but it’s so much less hassle !!

MsM’s ld
1 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

realme1976 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:42 pm I wear a Holy Trainer nub, 45mm ring. I have found that periodically I must remove it because the skin below my scrotum where the ring meets the balls gets red and raw. Does anyone have any suggestions about a salve or ointment or lotion that I can apply to reduce the redness and increase my long-term wear? It usually happens after about two weeks, then at least three days' removal to heal. Have tried a 40mm ring and it's too small. Really cuts into the goals of long-term chastity. Thanks.
Twice daily application of silicone lube works for me. Just put a couple of drops on a cotton swap and poke it between skin and ring.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I just use plain old Baby Oil after I shower in the morning and before going to bed.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Sam3655

Post by Sam3655 »

I like petroleum jelly. Cheap and readily available most grocery stores and Walmarts. Plus you can buy small lip balm size you can pocket in case of emergency.
1 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

slave d wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:20 pm I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion morning and evening. By the way I’m just trialing an HT5 nub 40mm and love tue press button lock. May not be as secure I don’t know but it’s so much less hassle !!

MsM’s ld
After a lot of years of trying a lot of things and also using nothing at all I have found that Aveeno moisturizing lotion works great. I use a little around the ring and on my balls after my shower in the morning and again just before bed.
2 x
focUSed

Post by focUSed »

Once a day, usually after morning shower, a quick swipe of a little Vaseline both behind and in front of the base ring along the underside (usually the top isn't an issue) to get the old dried stuff off the ring where it meets the skin and get everything slick again (I twist the cage until it swivels back and forth without any grabbing) and I'm good to go. In the shower beforehand, doing the same with soap including a finger inside the cage from both sides (yes, there's room, although I'd like to try a smaller diameter cage, at which point there prob won't be room) and occasionally also a good lather with a soft-ish back brush, applied carefully because some times it is a little rougher than I'd prefer. But it does do a job getting everything sparkly clean on a daily basis as a starting point.
0 x
Devices tried: BirdLocked (V1), CB-6000s, two DHGate devices (273 and currently wearing circular barstock ring version of the same thing)