IS this common enough that people know what keys are?

Living the real life under lock and key
Nikki6
IS this common enough that people know what keys are?

Post by Nikki6 »

OK, so quick background. We started chastity around six months ago on the honor system. It's gone very well for us so far. We started on the honor system because I initially found the image of J wearing a device on his cock to be silly and off-putting. Around a month ago he asked me to reconsider that. I mulled it over for a day, and I realized that I don't have a problem with chastity cages. So we have started to incorporate having him locked up regularly.

He got me a nice silver chain, and I wear the key around my neck. It hangs to my cleavage, and so most of the time (like, at work) the key itself is hidden in my scrubs or whatever. But it's summer, and so when I'm not at work, the key is just dangling there.

I don't care really, but J thinks that people will see it and might know what it is for. I will say, people do ask. I just tell them it's a key for something important to me. But really, is this kink common enough that people would really guess what I wear a key for? I feel no, but J thinks yes.

And to be clear, J can think whatever but I'm so far not concerned enough to hide it. Not that I'm actively looking to out him.
0 x
slave d

Re: IS this common enough that people know what keys are?

Post by slave d »

The only people that will know what it is also are into the same area of life style in some way or they wouldn’t know. It’s a bit like worrying your neighbours will find you on this forum, well if they do what we’re they doing here lol !!

“It’s the key to my love” is a good explanation for the vanillas !

MsM’s ld
3 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
Enchained

Post by Enchained »

If people do know what the key's for, you have to wonder - how do they know what the key's for? The chastity lifestyles not that well known in vanilla circles.
I would imagine anyone vanilla would think it was to a jewelry box or cash box.
If they do know - well you might just have found a lifestyle friend, or couple.
In any case you could probably guarantee their lifestyle's not that innocent. 😊
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Nikki6 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:23 pm ...I wear the key around my neck. It hangs to my cleavage, and so most of the time (like, at work) the key itself is hidden in my scrubs or whatever. But it's summer, and so when I'm not at work, the key is just dangling there...J thinks that people will see it and might know what it is for. I will say, people do ask. I just tell them it's a key for something important to me. But really, is this kink common enough that people would really guess what I wear a key for? I feel no, but J thinks yes.
There may be some people who recognize it for what it is, but the percentage of the population who might be aware is fairly low. Of course, the likelihood of someone recognizing it depends on the size of the population in your area, how frequently you are out in public and the size of the crowds in which you might find yourself. In a small, rural town the odds are low, in a big city the odds are higher. Although certain elements among those into 'alternative' lifestyles/sexuality are very vocal and one might think that they represent a large segment of the population, they really don't and the majority of the people are mostly clueless.

If you *are* somewhere where there may be some people who recognize the meaning, I'd say that most wouldn't say anything about it, your only clue might be a bit of a smile if you are paying enough attention.

My wife likes to wear the key 'on display'. It is a key to a Master Lock, so it is obviously not jewelry. She has sometimes been asked about it and she usually gives some sort of cryptic answer, though she reserves the right to give a complete explanation if she wants. Of course, there could be a perfectly reasonable explanation, such as it being a key to a gym locker or something like that but the fact that she *doesn't* provide an ordinary explanation is intended to make people wonder. A google or DDG search turns up a bunch of bullshit in the first few results, but further down the page are some that are accurate. Who can say how many people might be curious enough to look hard enough to find the right answer, and consider that it applies to you?

Personally, I find it somewhat arousing to think that someone might see it and know, especially when we are out together, even if they don't say anything about it. I'm sure that I would be some degree of embarrassed if someone were to recognize it and say something, but the thought is also erotic...and even more arousing when I consider the possibility that, if it is another woman they might have an in-depth conversation where she learns some knew ideas or that they might decide to get together to expand horizons and potential activities. I don't think the odds of that happening are very good, but they are certainly non-zero and as long as there is the *possibility* it is arousing. There is also the possibility that another *man* might recognize it, they might start talking, and maybe decide to get together...

Mostly, it serves as a focus point for *me*. Whenever I see it, even if I have temporarily been distracted from the fact that my cock is locked in a cage, it reminds me that it *is* and brings my attention to it and the fact that she has the power and control. It also heightens my awareness of the fact that the key dangling between her breasts probably serves to remind *her* that she has power and control.

In whichever case, it is another tool/tease that helps to keep me aroused, and the more aroused I am the more power it gives her, since she controls what happens with that arousal. The more aroused I am, the more power and control she has. There have been times when she has gotten me so highly aroused that I have wondered if there was anything I *wouldn't* do, if she were to tell me that she would let me out and 'reward' me after...
And to be clear, J can think whatever but I'm so far not concerned enough to hide it. Not that I'm actively looking to out him.
Whatever the possibilities might be, it's one more 'tease' in your toolbox that you can have some fun with, if you want to. My wife likes to tell me when someone has asked her about it, and tease me with the thought that she might, or might have, give(n) the true explanation.
3 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Michele

Post by Michele »

The only place I've had anyone know of say anything about my keys is at munch (dinner with kinky friends). Otherwise when I first started wearing mine the answer was that it was the key that holds something super special or simply the key to my heart. Stuff like that.

No one knows unless they know. Especially since keys around someone's neck these days can just be a thing.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

The 6mm brass barrel locks were originally invented to use in old fashioned "skeleton key" locks - they fit into the hold and keep anyone from using another skeleton key to open the lock. There's a name for this type of thing in the UK / EU, where they are used fairly often.

They are called "lock blockers." :lol:

You're welcome.
4 x
gungadn

Post by gungadn »

There are a lot of reasons someone would wear a key. Even if someone suspects it might be to a chastity device, it is too common to make any assumptions. There is even an entire website devoted to making Key jewelry without a single mention of a chastity device.
https://www.thegivingkeys.com/collections/necklaces

And, yes, it includes key jewelry with "real" keys.
1 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Nikki6

Post by Nikki6 »

TwistedMister wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:13 am Mostly, it serves as a focus point for *me*. Whenever I see it, even if I have temporarily been distracted from the fact that my cock is locked in a cage, it reminds me that it *is* and brings my attention to it and the fact that she has the power and control. It also heightens my awareness of the fact that the key dangling between her breasts probably serves to remind *her* that she has power and control.
It focuses both of us. I’m frankly shocked how much it turns me on to have him locked up. I catch him staring at the key, and I know what he’s thinking.

This morning he went down on me, then we spooned and he entered me from behind. His fingers found the chain, and then the key. He fondled the key as he fucked me, knowing I was not going to let him cum.

Were on vacation this week with J’s extended family. I’m wearing the key, but nobody has mentioned it. It’s just a secret between J and I, that he’s not going to cum the whole week (well, he doesn’t know that, but I do).
5 x
Luv2belocked

Post by Luv2belocked »

Nikki6 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:42 pm
TwistedMister wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:13 am

It focuses both of us. I’m frankly shocked how much it turns me on to have him locked up
My wife has also told me that she is finding that it really turns her on to know I’m locked. She sexts with me when I’m at work just to tease me…
0 x
williebdenied
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2022
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by williebdenied »

Simply stated: no. Keys are a common accessory used in all kinds of jewelry and crafts. In the rare instance another kinky person might see a key and will automatically go there in their mind, but the general public has no idea. We are a fringe group among fringe groups.
0 x