Key lock problems

Living the real life under lock and key
Hoss
Key lock problems

Post by Hoss »

OK, folks, what is the general advice for these situations? What do you do if the little brass "insert and twist" lock which is so common on chastity cages (particularly on the Chinese ones) fails and won't open? For example, what do you do if the key breaks off in the lock? What if a piece of debris gets lodged in the keyhole and you can't get the key in? After all, these locks are exposed to a relatively harsh environment, sometimes for days and weeks at a time.

The usual approach for most locks is to drill it out, but let's face it, most folks would have to do this by themselves, and it would be a tough operation. I reckon a 6mm drill would be needed, and it would be shall we say, exciting?

For that reason, I am contemplating extending the 6mm hole all the way through my base ring and making a smooth rod to replace the "insert and twist" lock. I can drill the rod for a 4mm padlock, or simply use a padlock with a long 6mm shackle.

Has anyone experienced this?
0 x
Atone
Re: Key lock problems

Post by Atone »

Hoss wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:35 am OK, folks, what is the general advice for these situations? What do you do if the little brass "insert and twist" lock which is so common on chastity cages (particularly on the Chinese ones) fails and won't open? For example, what do you do if the key breaks off in the lock? What if a piece of debris gets lodged in the keyhole and you can't get the key in? After all, these locks are exposed to a relatively harsh environment, sometimes for days and weeks at a time.

Has anyone experienced this?
I used the same lock for many, many years, often going months or more without unlocking it. I would wear it in saltwater and really pretty much any environment. I never had any problem of any sort. I did maintain it by rinsing with fresh water after going in the ocean and I would on rare occasion put a drop or two of light machine oil in it.

If I did have a problem with the lock I don't think I would try to drill it out anyway. I'm pretty sure a brute force attack on either the tab if you could get to it or the tumbler itself would be pretty easy.

The only reason I replaced the lock after many years of use was because I have a new keyholder so it was appropriate to have a new lock with a new key.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

i’m the same, used the same lock for about 6 years now (out of a HT originally) and never had a problem. i use a drop of shaver oil every few months but that’s all the care it gets. i also feel that i could get at the tab end with a screwdriver blade or similar or file the top off the barrel and i think it would just fall to bits.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
DrPinotNoir

Post by DrPinotNoir »

I have had one of the locks "fail" in that it was getting a little hard to turn. That being said it was a gradual process and it happened on the cheap chinese ones (They are universal) not the better quality one with the 4 holes above the tumbler and the indentation on the other side of the key. Those were better locks by far, I had plenty of warning. There are like 2 tumblers in that thing. I know because I used to pick it with a paperclip and got caught with it off. The tumblers are more likely to break and the lock is bound to fail rather than it seize.

We played with those cages for about 4 years, she caught me with it off and then bought a mature metal JB with the screw. I also have zero problems with that screw. My wife likes it quite a bit that I cant get it off anymore. :/ been in it for the better part of a year.
0 x
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

DrPinotNoir wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:37 am I have had one of the locks "fail" in that it was getting a little hard to turn. That being said it was a gradual process and it happened on the cheap chinese ones (They are universal) not the better quality one with the 4 holes above the tumbler and the indentation on the other side of the key. Those were better locks by far, I had plenty of warning. There are like 2 tumblers in that thing. I know because I used to pick it with a paperclip and got caught with it off. The tumblers are more likely to break and the lock is bound to fail rather than it seize.

We played with those cages for about 4 years, she caught me with it off and then bought a mature metal JB with the screw. I also have zero problems with that screw. My wife likes it quite a bit that I cant get it off anymore. :/ been in it for the better part of a year.
The 2 barrel locks I have came with a legit HTv3 and a legit Cobra. Is it safe to assume they are the better quality locks? (I think I need a picture to understand what you mean by the 4 holes and the indentation.}
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
DrPinotNoir

Post by DrPinotNoir »

disclaimer: Those locks are insane easy to pick. if you arent a lock picker. Good. but they are insane easy. i can be out of those in under 2 seconds.
any keyholder reading this. Spot checking your locked person is necessiary if you suspect it.

Id guess that yours are fine. the ones that come with my favorite pre - jailbird cage (A271) were garbage.
However. these are the best quality ones I have seen
Image you can see the holes (means you can drop key oil down them) I find they keep together quite nice.
I have also purchased the Burg-Wächter locks. either one of those are good.
1 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Ditch the cheap Chinese copy and buy an original Burg Wachter ME/2 from Holy Trainer or Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Burg-Wachter-Loc ... 467&sr=8-2
1 x
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

TBF I would have thought that having the lock seize up is the fantasy of many of us on here.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Steve2059 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:54 am TBF I would have thought that having the lock seize up is the fantasy of many of us on here.
That would apply to some who have been here. :mrgreen:
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

I had a Master lock (not the one described here for sure) seize up on me when my wife wanted me out for some fun. She freaked out more than I did and it took some over-use of WD-40 and two pair of channel locks to coax it to open up with the key.

I no longer use Master locks brand and I am careful to give it a little oil now and then. They weren't make to live in the damp we expose them to so use brass whenever possible.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123