Chaffing

Living the real life under lock and key
Pending365
Chaffing

Post by Pending365 »

I can only assume the following and looking for confirmation.

If chaffing a sign that the ring is too tight or too loose?

This is the cage I’ve worn the longest so far at 28hrs https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163832157324 ... SwnXRefzGj
Sorry I don’t know what it’s called.

I only took it off as the chaffing in the Scrotum got unbearable. I look an hour off then fitted my holy trainer nub (plastic) which as I type I’m at hour 22 in and not nearly as sore.

Back story, small with big balls right bigger than left
If that makes a difference.
0 x
Homebody

Re: Chaffing

Post by Homebody »

It may not have anything to do with size, it could be the material of the ring. My Cherry Keeper ring is physically comfortable but the roughness literally rubs me wrong. The Cobra cage I use is also 3d printed, but it is so smooth I can wear it for days without issues. I am not saying this is your issue, just something to consider.
0 x
Pending365

Post by Pending365 »

I’m also wondering if it’s the fact that the metal is a solid ring where as the nub is a contorted shape…
0 x
SteveOD

Post by SteveOD »

Unfortunately many start out with these cheap Chinese cages which have one size ring which are heavy and probably coated metal, not solid Stainless steel. I tried a few of them and could not wear them for any length of time. My two main ones are the Holy Trainer V3 NUB which fits me perfectly and a Jailbird from Mature Metal which is now too big for me but since it was made to my exact dimensions fits like a glove.

Contrary to what seems logical, a smaller ring is more comfortable than a larger ring. The larger ring will move around all day while a smaller ring will stay in place and cannot chaff you. Your ring should be the smallest one you can get that does not cut off blood circulation. To judge this, if you can stick the first joint of your index finger between your balls an the ring, it is not too tight. If you can fit more under there, it is too large.

Also keep lubed and I recommend Silicon Lube as it more slippery than water based ones. It costs more money but lasts much longer so a small bottle can last you two or more months. Keep all areas that come in contact with your penis and balls lightly lubricated at all times and with the right sized ring you can avoid chaffing. In 11 years of 24/7 wear I have never been chaffed. I can understand why most do not want to lay out $400 for a custom ring or $175 for a Holy Trainer or similar. That is a lot to spend to find out if you like chastity or not. Unfortunately it is why many give up on chastity since a cheap cage is seldom comfortable and will end up on a night table drawer.

Good luck and keep it lubed.
0 x
Steve2059

Post by Steve2059 »

A lot of it is finding the right cage in the right material for you. Unfortunately, this means trial and error with a product that can't be returned like a shirt that's the wrong size, which is why I have a drawer full of these things.

By the time I found the cage that I can wear 24/7 for as long as required (open design stainless steel with an ergonomic ring, 4cm (1.6 inches) long), I'd been through two steel cages of completely the wrong size and shape, and found that plastic/resin led to chafing and odour.

About a year ago my cage, which only cost around £30 but which is of excellent quality, broke after around three years. I could have fixed it, but thought that I fancied something a little different. So I bought a similar-sized cage but in a different design, and also an ultra-small cage.

The "same but different" cage is horrendously uncomfortable. I don't know why, but it just is and it's at the back of the drawer where it will stay. I like the ultra-small cage but a few days is the max it can do. So I went back and bought an exact replacement of the broken cage and everything's fine again.
0 x