Abrasion / irritation from short cage?

Living the real life under lock and key
cshorts
Abrasion / irritation from short cage?

Post by cshorts »

Seeking some input / advice from others: I know quite a few folks here have moved to shorter and shorter cages and so maybe some of you have some experience with this problem.

Since getting my shorter MCN Contender I have been *very* happy with it, except: if it's on for 2 or more weeks (typically, my KH only lets me out once every 2-3 months) the underside of my cock is tender and sore, and can take several days to heal. I describe this as "abrasion" because that's what it feels like (raw, sensitive) and sort of looks like (reddish, angry) but I don't know if it's due to actual rubbing of the skin that is scrunched up in there, or if it's lack of oxygen, or if it's because it's damp and doesn't get a chance to dry out ...

I like this shorter cage because it truly prevents even the beginning of an erection (in my external cock -- I get plenty of blood and hard swelling back inside the body, behind the cage), and makes it more difficult for me to "cheat" through the bars. I'm a grower, but I'm not tiny when flaccid, and what I have is scrunched up a bit in the cage. But it's 100% comfortable (I don't feel the abrasion at all until the cage comes off). And though I mention a concern about things drying out, I'll add that hygiene seems fine -- with some effort I'm able to clean thoroughly between the bars (and partially pulling out of the back to create more space for cleaning), and there are never any off odors.

It's just the guy is raw and sore when it comes out. And of course, as rarely as I'm released, I'd rather feel nothing but pleasurable sensations when I get the opportunity! And also of course, I'm a bit worried whether I might cause more serious damage.

So, anyone else with a short cage (relative to the flaccid length of their cock) have this problem? Any ideas what to do about it? Right now I'm asking my KH to let me out every 2 weeks to get some air and some vitamin A&D ointment, but even that doesn't seem frequent enough -- maybe need time out weekly? And I don't like that -- feel vulnerable without the cage, don't want to be free-range any more than KH wants me to be, for her pleasure.
0 x
Wearing: MCN Contender
In chastity since: 3 October 2018
locktom

Re: Abrasion / irritation from short cage?

Post by locktom »

Yes, same. I’m in a custom jailbird which isn’t that small, but slightly shorter than my penis. Very comfortable when it’s on, but after several weeks there are areas of raw skin where it’s been scrunched up near the base. I only notice these when released (and they sting during PIV) but they heal in a couple of days. Actually thinking of getting a slightly longer cage to avoid this even though shorter feels better.
1 x
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

IMO being locked for that length of time is probably more likely to be the reason rather than the length of the cage.

I think you should ask your KH to let you out one a week for hygiene reasons - supervised of course if that's possible.
0 x
locktom

Post by locktom »

Hygiene isn’t the issue - frequent breaks for cleaning. It is the length.
0 x
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

It sounds like you need to look at a custom made cage to get the length right for you. Buying 'off-the-peg' you have to take what they make.

I suppose I'm lucky in that I don't quite fill the cage of my device so I have never experienced any soreness.
0 x
cshorts

Post by cshorts »

Thanks, @locktom and @Sashauk. Your situation does sound the same @locktom. This is a custom cage, intentionally measured to be a bit shorter than my flaccid penis, because it does feel better, and in particular does a better job of preventing even the beginning of an erection. I have the choice of the longer cage that is "properly" measured for me and that doesn't cause this problem, but I'd rather find a way to avoid the raw skin with the shorter cage.

Anyone else have this problem....and a solution?
1 x
Wearing: MCN Contender
In chastity since: 3 October 2018
Naljeans

Post by Naljeans »

I’ve had the same issue with the shortest cage. It’s moisture build-up, at least in my experience. Try spending more time drying the area and take time before getting dressed. I’ve also used Monistat for a day or two to clear up any fungal issue.

I had a similar effect once and it was dryness and skin irritation. I had changed soap, and needed something more sensitive for the cage.
0 x
MCN Contender