Loctite

Living the real life under lock and key
WifeIsVanilla

Loctite

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I have a Jail Bird and a Watchful Mistress (both by Mature Metal), and both have the security screw option. I love both devices.

As my screen name suggests, my otherwise wonderful wife of many years gradually turned very vanilla years before I discovered chastity devices, so I am a self locker and have to rely on my Kitchen Safe for enforced chastity sessions. When I am not doing enforced chastity, I use plain, Phillips Head 8-32 x 3/8" screws, and they never loosen / back out on their own.

I have no idea why, but the actual "security screws" provided by Mature Metal do back out on their own which is frustrating when trying to do enforced chastity, and the "keys" are locked in the timer safe.

I am thinking about using the blue Loctite, but have no experience with this product. Does anyone know the Goldilocks amount to use to prevent the screw's backing out but not become impossible to remove. My lifestyle is not compatible with permanent chastity, and destroying one of these expensive devices (that are like long time friends) to remove it would be heartbreaking.
1 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
WifeIsVanilla

Re: Loctite

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

suzzana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:37 am The only safe anti pull out is Prince Albert piercing. Steelworxx PA Lock is great for Jail Bird if the penis has a PA piercing.

https://www.steelworxx.de/PA-lock
I understand what you are saying, but that is an entirely different subject.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

The MM screws are probably made in a similar process as hardware store screws, so I can't imagine they they would be smaller and prone to loosening.

Not sure if you could get a locking washer against the head. Or possibly wrap the threads in some Teflon plumbing tape.

Alternately, you could try crimping the screw threads with some pliers, but that might now last more than a few removals.
0 x
MissyBsBitch

Post by MissyBsBitch »

I'd be trying a spring washer or other form of locking washer first.
Interesting that my jailbird from MM with the security screw doesn't come loose at all.
0 x
24/7 Chaste husband to my beautiful Wife/keyholder.
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

MissyBsBitch wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 am I'd be trying a spring washer or other form of locking washer first.
Interesting that my jailbird from MM with the security screw doesn't come loose at all.
Thanks.

I saw a comment from Mistress MM that they have that issues with some of their screws. She did not say why.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Try some clear nail polish on the head of the screw (not the threads). It works to keep the screws from backing out of my SS .44mag snubby.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Did you mean, just under the head where it touches the cage?
I think that on a substantial sized screw thread, mail polish would be okay, and will probably wear off under normal use.
0 x
Lockedchef

Post by Lockedchef »

Teflon tape works great that's what I use
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Tom Allen wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 am Did you mean, just under the head where it touches the cage?
Not *under* the head of the screw, but on the head at the point it touches. Then, if it doesn't wear off, acetone can be used to remove it.

Putting it under the head or on the threads could make removal difficult, if the acetone can't seep in.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
nrbill32280

Post by nrbill32280 »

Loctite makes a bunch of different types for different uses, and using the wrong one will invite a real problem to disassemble your device. Blue is usually a general use adhesive, used under normal circumstances for average size fasteners. It's considered removable for regular use bolts. When you get into small fasteners, there is special small fastener Loctite which isn't as strong as the regular blue, so the bolts or screws won't break off. There are some other types, green, and red being the most common. They are usually used for permanent assemblies that will never be taken apart, and if used on small fasteners they usually can't be removed without using heat to break down the glue, but way too hot for your skin, like 300 degrees F.

Get on the Internet and look up Loctite to find info on small fastener adhesives, in particular ones for disassembly after installation without using heat to break down the glue. You'll be surprised by the large number of specialized products they have available for nearly any situation you might encounter.
2 x