Erections at night

Living the real life under lock and key
BlackoutDevices
Re: Erections at night

Post by BlackoutDevices »

TwistedMister wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 am
BlackoutDevices wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm
Having a base ring that is just slightly larger than your erection diameter is key to preventing circulation issues while the tugging is often caused from a improperly fitted cage that forces the ring to be pulled away because of an erection (compounded by a poorly fitted base ring)
Are you sure that's what you mean to say?

If I had a ring that big, it would be falling off most of the time.

I have found that a ring that fits snugly when not erect is better. The thickness/surface area of the ring matters too- it must be snug enough that the start of an erection will produce enough friction to prevent the ring from moving, but a ring that is too thin can act like a garrote. Additional surface area also provides additional friction.
That's exactly what I mean to say.

As part of my testing I would ask what previous cages a person used and what size ring. Most of the time I was within 1-2mm of their current ring size by using my algorithm based off of the erect diameter. And it makes sense anatomically, you aren't going to wear a base ring that is constantly cutting off your circulation at night. A lot of the time I was actually able to get a smaller ring because my design uses the space more efficiently.

Though, like you've alluded to, there is a lot more that goes into getting a proper fit. But most guys' erect diameters come in around the 40-45mm range which also so happens to be the most common ring sizes. Give measuring a try yourself and you'll find similar results.
Maybe you thought that I was talking about circumference?

There has to be the right interaction between cage size and shape and base ring size and shape. If the cage design itself doesn't accommodate using erect diameter for the base ring size its obviously not going to work well. But then at that point your issues are more systematic than they are with the sizing method for the base ring.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:11 pm Maybe you thought that I was talking about circumference?
No...OK, I think I see what you mean now...I was thinking you were talking about the size being a measurement of where the ring normally sits, while erect, which would result in something much too big.

But you are talking about a measurement of the size of the erect penis itself?
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
BlackoutDevices

TwistedMister wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:37 am
BlackoutDevices wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:11 pm Maybe you thought that I was talking about circumference?
No...OK, I think I see what you mean now...I was thinking you were talking about the size being a measurement of where the ring normally sits, while erect, which would result in something much too big.

Not sure what you mean by "where the ring normally sits"...

Yeah I am saying that a base ring inside diameter should be slightly larger than erect diameter. That way when you get an erection it doesn't reduce or cut off circulation.
0 x
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I have found an odd solution that helped me, but my nocturnal erection issue is very specific. When my base ring pulls away because of the erection, my scrotal sac folds over, and then as the pressure builds, it gets pinched. I don’t get any burning, chafing, irritation, circulation issues, etc, just that fold and pinch. But that pinch is enough to fully wake me up and make me fix it, and I cannot fix it while I’m erect.

I’ve started moving the cage down before I go to sleep. It ends up pretty much at the end of my balls, and end of my penis. The base ring is probably half way down my shaft. It seems this fixes the issue by starting the cage already pushed away from my body. Since I started doing that, nocturnal erections are now just pressure, and I like the pressure of an aborted erection in the cage.
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:57 pm

The main ring normally sits in a position behind the testes, encompassing the scrotum, with the testes and penis in front.
Yeah I am saying that a base ring inside diameter should be slightly larger than erect diameter. That way when you get an erection it doesn't reduce or cut off circulation.
You're just repeating the same thing again, and it doesn't answer the question. A measurement of the area where the main ring is usually installed, behind the testes and encompassing the scrotum, is going to be different from a measurement of the [erect] penis alone, in front of the testes.

I'm trying to figure out just where, exactly, you are intending this measurement to be taken- the penis alone, in front of the testes, or behind the testes and including the scrotum.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
BlackoutDevices

TwistedMister wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:43 am
BlackoutDevices wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:57 pm

The main ring normally sits in a position behind the testes, encompassing the scrotum, with the testes and penis in front.
You're just repeating the same thing again, and it doesn't answer the question. A measurement of the area where the main ring is usually installed, behind the testes and encompassing the scrotum, is going to be different from a measurement of the [erect] penis alone, in front of the testes.

I'm trying to figure out just where, exactly, you are intending this measurement to be taken- the penis alone, in front of the testes, or behind the testes and including the scrotum.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh now I get it :oops: :lol:

Yes, the measurement is just of the erect penis. The veins in the scrotum don't really change size so accounting for them is fairly static. You just need to make sure there is enough room in the base ring for an erect penis and for the veins to sit naturally towards the sides.

If anything what should be considered more is how low the testicles normally sit. Having high and tight balls usually will mean that you need a bit of extra vertical room simply because the lack of transition from the top of the scrotum to the start of the testis puts pressure on the cage and ring.
Whereas someone who has a more dangly set will likely be better off with a wider base ring.
Unfortunately most rings are not very anatomically designed or don't have enough options to account for differing anatomies.

I think that's why some guys can't stand the HT ring whereas others love it. Its a fairly vertical ring that isn't suited for everyone.
0 x
TwistedMister

Post by TwistedMister »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:06 pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhh now I get it :oops: :lol:

Yes, the measurement is just of the erect penis. The veins in the scrotum don't really change size so accounting for them is fairly static. You just need to make sure there is enough room in the base ring for an erect penis and for the veins to sit naturally towards the sides.

If anything what should be considered more is how low the testicles normally sit. Having high and tight balls usually will mean that you need a bit of extra vertical room simply because the lack of transition from the top of the scrotum to the start of the testis puts pressure on the cage and ring.
Whereas someone who has a more dangly set will likely be better off with a wider base ring.
Unfortunately most rings are not very anatomically designed or don't have enough options to account for differing anatomies.

I think that's why some guys can't stand the HT ring whereas others love it. Its a fairly vertical ring that isn't suited for everyone.
Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out. :mrgreen: Can you imagine being part of the foreign diplomatic mission trying to negotiate a treaty to prevent a war, and having to do it through translators because you don't share a common language?

And I think I almost agree with you, I'll have to check sizing later.

As far as dangly vs. not, I can go from an extreme of one to an extreme of the other...in the same day, and often do. I think, for me, that's why having a wider cross-section and more surface area at the bottom works better for me. But, I need a hinged ring, because the appropriate size (based on the previous belabored point) is too small to get my nuts through. I'm at the limit of how much discomfort I can stand in the process of forcing them through a solid ring.
0 x
Slave86721
Last orgasm: May 27th, 2022
Orgasms this year: 8

Post by Slave86721 »

I have tried sleeping with it on a couple of times and it is always too painful - it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I take my cage off at night and out in on first thing in the morning.
0 x
steph17

Post by steph17 »

I have found that fitting myself in to the shortest cage possible and the smallest diameter you can get in to or even cram into prevents an attempted erection from developing and the cage trying to rip your nuts off.
Personally I have given up on ball trap devices and now I only use a penis tube secured by a PA piercing and I get a good nights sleep.
When I awake in the morning I am rock hard but I can deal with it.
0 x
jsmith12

Post by jsmith12 »

BlackoutDevices wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm Edit: Another part is actually the ring shape, which unfortunately for most cages, a circular shape is not very anatomically correct. So depending how your testicles like to sit and how your erection interacts with the ring, it could cause issues from that alone.
My logo is actually based on the base ring shape that I use for my Evo, which you can see how there is intentionally designed room for the veins to sit in the "corners" of the ring (the bottom black area) so that there is still good circulation during an erection (the blank middle space)
what's the timeline on your sport model?
0 x