Security Screws

Living the real life under lock and key
LockedByBD
Re: Security Screws

Post by LockedByBD »

TwistedMister wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am I think some people around here need to get...oh, wait...nevermind.
:lol:
0 x
Locked when my wife wants it locked.
lockedforfun

Re: Security Screws

Post by lockedforfun »

locktom wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 am
SteveOD wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 pm I gave up on the MM screws. Aside from loosening, they were very easy to remove with a pair or needle nose pliers. I also gave up on all cages that used a cabinet lock like the Holy trainer and a lot others do. Once you turn the key and the cylinder moves freely without moving the part that is holding secure, you tend not to trust them at all. I only trust Arbus locks, especially the new TiAluminum ones. Only .3 ounces and you never know they are there. Some other brands have so called security screws which can be removed by a common Allen wrench or one of my screwdrivers with a star shaped head.
So does the Arbus padlock fit a MM Jailbird which has a security screw? The shackle seems to have a 3.5mm diameter and I wonder if this is too thick. Many thanks.
I found some small luggage padlocks would fit if I ground down the top of the arch a bit with a dremel (otherwise they could only go in sideways).
1 x